Interest list for Helmet heat pump A/C!

It's in the re-design phase for lighter weight in the bucket. Right now It needs 8 AA to run. Haven't tested duration yet. This would come with small flexible rubber duct to hug the inside of your bucket, think of a crazy straw, but rectangular. These will have overheat auto shut off and will re-engage after cool down. Can also include a reversing switch to reverse the need for cold or hot air. It works!, but not yet. I will only have a run of 2 at this time and I will keep them up to date on the progress. When they are ready I will pm for payment to Paypal. This is an original design by me. I have been in mech. HVAC design for 13 years. If you don't mind a little weight on your bucket for that cold air, I'm working on the idea of Li batteries, but they don't last like regular batteries. These will be the most efficient I can make with the products available. You will also be able to transfer this to other buckets utilizing velcro for everything. It will come in a small kit form with ease of assembly kept simple. As far as price for heat or cold air in the bucket... What would you pay! I'm thinking about all involved just to make 2 for now. $175. Possibly shipped. Thanks for your time. If you want the list can begin, but there will be a first come basis. NO MONEY YET! I WILL LET YOU KNOW THROUGH PM!!!! Interest for now. SOON!

This is listed on other forums, I will go by who commits at what time posted. Snooze you Wait. Thx Troops.

Eight AAs is a lot of weight. Would it be possible with this unit to mount the hardware in the armor - for instance, the backplate - and simply run a cooling tube up and into the helmet?

Eight AAs is a lot of weight. Would it be possible with this unit to mount the hardware in the armor - for instance, the backplate - and simply run a cooling tube up and into the helmet?

No tubes, this is not liquid, but you could run the power wires from your pack if your going to be in costume for a long time. You all can modify this as you like after I set it up as universal. Thx Mathew

Will be testing performance on each unit using different Bat type and size for duration NiCd, Li, regular, and rechargables, might be nice to add a recharging plug, possible small solar flex panel carried in behind the chest plate with velcro, they are water proof too, might run about $0-50 check online, you could even mod the unit yourself, I will include where best to install the plug and socket in the wiring diagram. WB/DB with drops in temp and the most lightest and best possible efficiency with test procedure for each unit included. Rough dimension will be (LXWXH) 1.5"-2.0"X1.75"X1.75". Soon. Thx troops. Mathew

Sorry - I should've been more clear.

By tubes I meant the "small flexible rubber duct to hug the inside of your bucket" as per your description. The idea being that the heat exchange would happen inside the main unit mounted in the backplate, with cool air being blown up into the helment via the rubber duct snaking (which may need to be insulated to keep the air cool as it travels up the duct) up the trooper's back.

Sorry - I should've been more clear.

By tubes I meant the "small flexible rubber duct to hug the inside of your bucket" as per your description. The idea being that the heat exchange would happen inside the main unit mounted in the backplate, with cool air being blown up into the helment via the rubber duct snaking (which may need to be insulated to keep the air cool as it travels up the duct) up the trooper's back.

Due to the duct being a thin walled rubber without insulation any retained cooling would be eaten up before reaching the bucket, I know how it gets under the armor. To do that you would have to up the size if the unit, and that is possible, but it would cost more too. Thx Mathew

I'd like to see more on the development of this. Would it fit in any other buckets besides the TK (i.e. TS, IG or TB)?

So far guys, testing is on a 1.5"-2.0"X1.75"X1.75. The unit can get no smaller, but by changing the configuration of the unit I could custom install it in the bucket if I had it. For additional fees, of course. This will be a standardized unit for ease of manufacturing and simplicity. Testing of different designs is how we do it. Thx for asking. Mathew