Above and Beyond the Call of Duty

TK4999

I posted this on the Legion boards, but wanted to post it here as well for my FISD brothers. A fellow member, Scott Magerfleisch of the Mountain Garrison, was personally responsible for ensuring that I was able to return home on schedule from CV earlier this week. The story goes something like this:

I had arrived at the airport for my return flight and as I was preparing to enter the line to check in I realized that I HAD NO WALLET! That means no ID. That means no boarding the flight until I can obtain a copy of my birth certificate or a passport, both of which were at home. A quick call to the restaurant where I ate breakfast came up with nothing. Then I called Scott to see if he was still at the hotel. He was, and he convinced the manager to let him into my room to search for my wallet. However, it wasn't there.

Then the driver of the taxi called the hotel to say that he had my wallet and was bringing it back to the hotel. I asked Scott if he was willing to head to the airport early to bring me my wallet. He had a ride booked later with Mears but would have to write off that ticket and take a taxi to make it in time. He agreed. I checked with the airport to find out that I had until 1pm to change my flight or lose my airfare. It was 12:40. At 12:52, Scott called to tell me that they just passed the 5 mile marker to the airport. When he arrived at the airport he convinced the taxi driver to watch his stuff on the "A" side while he literally RAN to the "B" side where I was already queued at the front of the check-in line. At 12:59 I heard Scott shout "STEVE" as he looks for me to hand me my wallet. At 1:00 I checked my bags. At 1:50 my plane backed away from the gate with me on board.

THANK YOU SCOTT!

Now I really know what the FISD tag-line really means: "Troopers helping Troopers"

Just shows what kind of guy Scott is - even off the boards his actions inspire. Cheers to Scott, and also happiness that it worked out for you Steve :)

Steve is WAYYYYYYY to kind.

I have met many of you, and I have no doubt that if the roles were reversed, or if any of you would have been in my shoes, you would do the same thing. All I did was be blessed enough to be the person to help out, nothing more.

Thanks again Steve, but you are making my blush!!!

:wub: :wub:

Scott, you were Steve's Good Samaritan that day! Maybe we should add "All for One and One for All!" to our Troopers Helping Troopers motto. This story is what I always have felt the FISD was all about. Good job! Glad to see it turned out all right.

Thats pretty cool of ya Scott! trooper helping troopers!

Strangely, myself and 2 other troopers ran into Steve at the Dennys for breakfast that day. He "crashed" our table so he wouldnt have to eat alone...we had to go to catch our flights and left before him though...glad this worked out, i would have felt like crap if i found out this happened right after we left and then you got stuck Steve. Glad Scott came to the rescue!...and it was nice meeting ya Steve!