TK's rocking C5 - day 2 photos

Daetrin

From Luis Diaz' girlfriend's camera - just some TK's and a few rebels staging a scene. It was supposed to be a scene from the Tantive IV but we couldn't find Leia. Fortunately, these two rebels helped out. It was pretty spontaneous and drew huge crowds.

There is one part missing, where we chased the two and did a shoot-out - but hopefully that will appear somewhere.

Yeah unfortunately that part was when my thigh piece snapped off and she had to help me fix it. There's one more of those pics I didn't post, but it didn't really come out too well.

Either way, that skit was a blast.

Yeah unfortunately that part was when my thigh piece snapped off and she had to help me fix it. There's one more of those pics I didn't post, but it didn't really come out too well.

Either way, that skit was a blast.

No worries bro - my 'tampon' kept coming off as well. I think everyone had small issues that day from time to time. I mean, normally trooping is standing around or a parade. We were doing Troop-A-thon, laser tag, running, etc. I think it's a testament to people's kits that most everything held up so well.

Seeing some of the armor in these pictures I feel like my suit isn't really up to par...

Related to that - I was thinking about how the quality of the suits worn by 501st members has improved so much in the three years since C4. I think the majority of TK helmets I saw being worn at C5 were non-FX, or at best slightly less than the majority.

I wasn't at C4, but I remember seeing the FISD group photo from C4. If someone has that photo, a then vs now comparison would be interesting to see.

Actually Terrell counted and found only 8 FX helmeted troopers in the FISD pictures, and 100% of the TK's in the Legion shot were in the FISD shot (we made sure of that).

So that's 8 lids out of almost what - 60 to 80 TK's in the FISD shot? A very small percentage indeed.

I was not surprised to see that - really only a few FX helmeted troops at C5, but I was more surprised to see a lower percent of FX *armor* than I had expected. Lots of ATA, AM, some TE2 and TM thrown in, and even a few RT. Not saying there weren't FX armored troopers there, but not as much as one would expect. I think the claim that "90% of the Legion wears FX" is very much[\b] out of date.

Hmmm...we should make a new poll...

If there were only 8 FX buckets out there they must have all been surrounding me during that pic. :lol:

I did see a lot of armor that made me jealous though. Thanks for the kind words about my armor though, Paul. I'm actually in prep to do some intense overhauling to it to make it look a bit nicer.

I am still sorting through the 3000+ pix I took at C5. Will be posting them here soon(not all of them, folks), just the highlights.

Stay tuned.......

With each awesome photo, I get more and more sad that I didn't go. :( If there is a celebration 6 I am going no matter where it is!

I'm right there with you brother! I was reading all of the panels that were being done for costuming, model making, etc. and I was just getting depressed. In another life, that would have been my dream career. :(

Thanks again for everyone that helped out in the skit. Man that was fun.

I was also surprised at the low number of FX helms I saw at C5. It seems my local squad is about 50/50 on FX helms but at C5 I swear the FX's only accounted for about 20% (1 in 5) which is just awesome for the hobby.

----------

Luis beat me to posting that. Awesome video, that march was an absolute blast! Everyone just stopped and watched in awe as the FISD walked by, even LFL reps were impressed (I saw Mary Franklin watching us as we all went by). Has everyone found themselves in the pic? I found myself at the 26 seconds mark.

It was so great getting to meet fellow Legion members and FISD members from all over the world. I can't wait for CVI!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I found myself almost instantly. I'm the idiot turning around and looking back. I was looking for my gf who helped out a ton to direct all the TKs. She's the jedi in grey and red you can see walking by.

Here are some pix that I took at C5, If you are in them and I didn't get you name , just shout out " THAT'S ME!!!

One of my favs from C5. Below, Paul ( Our DL ) TK 8020 and Jim Peternel TK 8151

c5pix640.jpg

Below, Paul ( Our DL ) TK 8020 and Jim Peternel TK 8151

c5pix637.jpg

Pic below: Paul, Jim , Hyper, Shropt (TK-8648), and bobojuice.... if I didn't identify everybody, just yell out and say "THAT'S ME"!! Gotta love the littlest TK ;)

c5pix632.jpg

Were those the Droids we were looking for????

c5pix522.jpg

c5pix1067.jpg

Vader at his Carbonite solo desk:

c5pix1087.jpg

MAIN EVENT:

c5pix685.jpg

c5pix686.jpg

NO PHOTO!! YOU REBEL SCUM!!

c5pix612.jpg

c5pix583.jpg

c5pix575.jpg

c5pix620.jpg

c5pix563.jpg

c5pix557.jpg

c5pix164.jpg

c5pix334.jpg

c5pix1096.jpg

c5pix525.jpg

c5pix388.jpg

c5pix529.jpg

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST!

c5pix538.jpg

c5pix1093.jpg

c5pix329.jpg

c5pix148.jpg

c5pix103.jpg

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DOOKU's I have seen..

c5pix1078.jpg

Vader's statement in this photo: Who's your daddy!

c5pix1083.jpg

She said, that she was not a member of the 501st... but who cares!

c5pix160.jpg

I got more pix, just gotta go through them all.......

CV was the biggest, best 501st time I've ever had. The most 501st members I've ever seen in the one place is about 20, so having 80 odd TK's marching up the middle of the massive CV corridor was amazing. Thanks to all that took part.

No matter what anybody says, Stormtroopers ARE the Emperors Elite troops!!

Rock on, brothers and sisters!!