TK's rocking C5 - day 2 photos

Daetrin

Alas, I did not have my camera yesterday but some friends did. Here are a few of the pix that I've got ahold of so far.

Look at the size of this thing!

40022_1562793906755_1142553602_31629820_7080350_n.jpg

Tastes like chicken

39718_1562798066859_1142553602_31629867_2397239_n.jpg

Jedi beauties have a strong effect on the male mind

39718_1562797986857_1142553602_31629865_4232291_n.jpg

My garrison mate Kiyote getting some lovin'

39718_1562797946856_1142553602_31629864_6437025_n.jpg

Me, Kiyote, and a TK I'm not sure of kickin' it at Jabba's

39718_1562797906855_1142553602_31629863_318735_n.jpg

All in all, it was 8 hours in armor for me. Troop-A-Thon, followed by an hour of laser tag, then some skits, hanging at the 501st room.

What a great day to be a TK!

Today was even more impressive. I'll see if anyone took pix, but after the Legion photoshoot *every* TK there marched from the main atrium to the other end of the convention center where laser tag was. Picture 80+ Tk's marching in pairs in a long, line that stretched from one end to the other, finally assembling en masse in the hall where the laser tag was.

And after the photo shoot, a bunch of TK's went on to play laser tags with the kids. I know at least one person took shots of six of us maneuvering. I'm sore after two 8 hour days in armor but it was worth it!

Cheers to Steve (TK4999) for organizing the shoot and Craig (Hyper) for keeping the troops moving - couldn't have done it without you guys.

nice! I wonder if there is a way to capture it - it would be interesting to hear if they played the full interview or edited it. Is there anyway to capture it or review it later via PC?

I have it recorded, ( I believe ) I'm capturing the entire weekend. I'll have to go back and edit it. I'll let you know what I come up with. They keep repeating the same interviews so I need to go through it and find all the main parts.

Edited by Obievon

I'll echo what Paul said about the FISD group photo - even from my perspective near the back of the column, seeing close to 100 stormtroopers marching 2x2 through the convention center was an impressive sight. Judging by the number of people who were walking alongside of us taking photos, I'm not alone in that assessment.

The Legion photo shoot was equally impressive, with con-goers crowding the steps, balconies, and wherever they could squeeze in to get photos of the massed Legion, cameras flashing the entire time. Here's one I found on Flickr:

4892165577_8dfae1bcfc_o.jpg

I also got to play laser tag in my armor - something that I was hesitant about at first, but turned out to be a lot easier than I thought as well as a TON of fun. The persistent - almost nagging - requests for stormtroopers from the organizers along with the offers of unlimited free play helped a lot. And I know the kids who played with us were thrilled. B)

All in all, a truly memorable experience. It was an honor meeting FISD members in person for the first time, as well as seeing familiar faces from cons past. Unfortunately I didn't have a handler present to take photos, but I'll definitely be scouring Flickr and YouTube in the coming days.

:salute:

For sure I will have to go to the next one. I'm beating myself up for not going to cv

I feel the same way, but then again, I really didn't think CV was going to be as awesome as it was until it was already going on and I was looking at pics of it, and by that time it was way too late. :6:

From Luis Diaz' girlfriend's camera - just some TK's and a few rebels staging a scene. It was supposed to be a scene from the Tantive IV but we couldn't find Leia. Fortunately, these two rebels helped out. It was pretty spontaneous and drew huge crowds.

There is one part missing, where we chased the two and did a shoot-out - but hopefully that will appear somewhere.

----------

I was a volunteer for Reed, the convention organizers. I overheard some talk among the paid staff of "being assigned to work C2E next year." Perhaps there is another Celebration Europe in the makings?

If I wasn't doing a family cruise next summer, I'd already be making my European travel arrangements. :P