ATTN: All customers from Sonnenschein

Sonnenschein

Okay, So I got my first paypal dispute. I it almost ruined my day.

From the begining: For almost a year now, I've been selling various items here on this board. It was fun. Really fun, and often I was a little proud, seeing more authentic troops on pics. I wasn't doing this for money, but for fun..

I never missed on order, and NEVER EVER an item got lost (besides a few d-rings, and they were replaced on the spot).

If there was a delay, one could ALWAYS communicate with me. My "selling history" is flawless. I only ask for money when I have the items IN HAND.

(There was a dealy once, when the shop where I alway buy the gloves was sold out on them and I had to wait a few days for them to re-stock)

Until today. My first unpatientent "customer" chose to go to paypal DIRECTLY instead of asking me.... I felt quite hurt.

I t was like beeing accused not to deliver armors like others-not-to-be-mentioned... THIS TOOK COMPLETETY THE FUN OUT OF IT.

Now, maybe I'm a drama queen and I am over reacting... but maybe you unterstand-

SO I decided to stop selling ANYTHING here on this board.

When something isn't fun anymore, it is time to quit.

But while writing this, my boyfriend calmed me down a little bit. So, we together made up a compromise. I hope you all understand

From now on, I only will be selling to members with AT LEAST 50 posts.

That way, we all have a little time to get to know each other.

And to all "future" costumers: Delievery may take up to 4 weeks. Esp during summer and other holidays (Christmas) some delays are to expected.

I don't use any trackling numbers on my packages, because this would more than double the shipping costs for you.

This is, after all, a trust issue. We have to trust each other. I have to trust you, that you dopn't falsely claim a disput (although have received the item) and you have to trust me, that I have shipped it.

The only prove I have is the receipt from the post office, but that only read !1 package, 350g, to USA (or something like that)

So, rant is over.... Thank you for your time reading this...(maybe the longest I have ever written) ... post

Karin P. ("Sonnenschein")

PS: Sonnenschein means "sunshine" in german, because I'm always a "sunny" person....

PPS: Please excuse any misspellings or grammar mistakes. I'm still a little in turmoil...

I'm sorry that this happened, Karin.

Without knowing the details of what happened, I've always considered you one of the most reliable sellers here, and I'm glad you reconsidered your decision.

:)

I purchased some gloves from you in the past and they were tremendous. You have given great service to 99.999% of the forum members and hopefully, you may reconsider down the road. I understand your anger and you went to the correct place to "voice" it out. There is always a "bad" apple in every batch, but it does not stop the making of the cider or the sauce!

Words I am all too familar with Karin.

Keep your chin up and don't let one bad apple spoil it for you.

Hi Karin sorry to here of this ,iam glad you reconsiderd ,i have orderd handgauds and d rings of you and can i say its been a pleasure and will do so in the future , so keep us trooping Karin ;)

ALL the best

Steve

If you've only had one bad customer experience then count yourself very VERY lucky!

As a buyer and seller of things on-line I can understand your frustration, and I think your idea of selling to better known troopers is a good idea. And while I don't like the idea of publicly airing any dirty laundry; if you have concerns about a member of the board then I'd convey these concerns to someone or privately to other sellers so as to make sure this doesn't happen to any of the other vendors.

Thank goodness you've decided to keep selling and not let one bad apple put an end to your fantastic contribution to the community.

Firstly, sorry you had that crappy experience. I've sold a lot of stuff, too, and been lucky so far. That someone did that to you is childish. And while you may not want to air dirty laundry, you may want to contact them and ask them to drop the dispute or you have the right to inform the community. After all, we need to be protected from bad buyers as much as irresponsible sellers. In that case, it's not really dirty laundry at all -- but civic duty. =)

On another note -- would you mind sending me a message? I have a special request and can't seem to PM you.

Thanks!

Chris

We who sell regularly have all been there. One of the reasons I took a step back from mass producing belts was the hassle that goes with it.

People sometimes forget this is just a hobby and should be fun, maybe I can include myself in there too sometimes!!

I think most here would agree that your stuff is amazing work, and I'm glad you're not stopping completely, I'll soon order some gloves from you!

I hope you feel better in the morning and find that joy of supporting the community again. :)

I recently purchased a set of your hand guards, and 100% satisfaction with hand guards and your service i hope that you do continue what your doing helping others to get that little bit closer to accuracy.

"TROOPERS HELPING TROOPERS" Continue your good work Karin.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience...and even more so that it was with someon here on FISD...I also think that I have your ANH hero glove - I bought my complete kit off someone in the garrison who couldn't complete it - and I must say they are fantastic...was looking at a D Ring but will have to wait...from what I have read you are a great person to deal with...

Good luck with all your future dealings and keep your chin up...don't let one bad experience spoil it for you...

Sorry to hear about this Karin! like a few others, i know the feeling. Selling stuff can sometimes be frustrating especially when people are so itching to click that "open a dispute" button before they even talk to you. i think once someone did that to me and i just refunded their money and asked them not to buy from me again. All they had to do was ask what was going on. Ive been fortunate concidering ive only had about 2 or 3 bad apples from all the stuff ive made and sold. Like FBJ, i am stepping back for a while as well.

Im glad you decided to stay onboard. especially since im gonna need a couple of pairs of those handguards in the near future! B)

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Hi Karin,

Like what everyone said, don't let one person get to you. I can speak for the GGG that bought from you, all of us appreciate your work for the canon latex hand guards and gloves.

Have a great summer and have a glass of wine. You'll feel better, I guarantee it. :)

Karin,

Dont let it bother you. I have had three disputes in two years. One on ebay and two from my site. All of those people I will never deal with again. Whats funny is that all of the orders were under $20.00....Can you say whiner??? Thats why I have "Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery" on my website. I almost always ship within one week of order, but I like the extra cushion just in case something in the REAL WORLD comes up, and it keeps people from asking me a day after their order....."Did you ship it yet???"

You have a great product and plenty of satisfied customers. Dont let the haters get you down girl!

Edited by TK-4510

Sounds like a standalone thing there. You are a very understanding person, especially since you helped back when you first started selling your goods here, thanks again and hope you dont let that person ruin your enjoyment of helping others.

THANK YOU everybody for your kind words.

I really don't know what so say... You are all awesome :D

A little update: well, the "buyer" ceased all communications with me. Altough I know for sure he read this thread..

Anyway, I just bought some raw material to cast another batch. :)

Thank you everybody!

Karin