Shoulder Bell rotation!

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions / tips for a solution to stop the shoulder bells rotating backwards?

Currently mine sit in a good position, attached to the chest straps with nylon and snaps, but they seem to move backwards a little too much. I was thinking about maybe sewing some velcro onto my Imperial onesie and then using that as a safety to keep them from moving, but I'm open to suggestions! :D

Thanks!

if you attach the bells a little forward on your connecting straps,

instead of in the center top... then you should be able to

also attach your biceps so that it puts pressure and tends towards the front.

if you attach the bells a little forward on your connecting straps,

instead of in the center top... then you should be able to

also attach your biceps so that it puts pressure and tends towards the front.

What would life be without Vern!

I sewed my excess 2" nylon to the rest of my harness straps to hold my bells. The thickness of the nylon keeps the bells from flapping around and you will not need nylon around the bicep.

If you use elastic that's too thin, you'll get shoulder bell "floppage". :) Make sure to use slightly wider elastic. I use 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" thicker elastic, and it works good. Also, make sure you have the elastic that wraps around the shoulder bell around your bicep. Adjust the length so that it hugs your bicep a little more, that prevents rotation too.

Also, if you have you arm completely strapped together (shoulder <-> bicep <-> forearm), it makes it harder for the shoulder to rotate, as all the other pieces would have to rotate as well.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'll get back to work and try to make the necessary changes! I'm just glad it doesn't involve any more snap! I hate snaps! :angry:

Another good trick that works well that I learned from somebody here was to add elastic inside of the bicep instead of the outside which will still look screen accurate on the outside even though you cant see the bicep strap. Ill take a pic and post it later after I get home from some errands if it'll help.