My Imperial Officer

Okay, I've submitted an official uniform so I can become a 501st member. I thought I'd post some pictures of me in my uniform don't laugh, I'm still losing weight, and have to keep taking the stupid thing in.

All in pieces. Where's the sewing machine?

DSCN2027.jpg

Whew! The basic jacket is finished...just the sleeves, bottom of the tunic, hems, and fastenings to go!

DSCN2049.jpg

Sleeves are on, collar is on, facing is done...just have to attach the bottom of the tunic.

DSCN2050.jpg

It's done! But I've lost weight, and now it's too big! Have to take it in. Sammy (the cat) seems to agree.

DSCN2053.jpg

Yea! First troop in my uniform (and yes I made the cap myself also.) Now I just need to get it approved...

DSCN2059.jpg

I see you got the collar right, that's basically what's holding mine up.

The collar was the most difficult part. If you're using the McCall's pattern I can help you fit it to your neck, and put in the "modesty tab." Just PM me and give me your contact info.

Billhag, thank you for the compliment. It means a lot coming from someone with your costuming skills. I've been told that my GML will be getting back to me by this weekend...on pins and needles, possible new job, now possible full-fledged 501st member. :icon_beg:

I used the McCalls Pattern 4745 and modified it to match the requirements for the officer's tunic. If you are interested go the Imperial Officer's boards and there are a lot of discussions on how to use it. I didn't follow their guidelines completely because they made it too complicated, and I like to try and keep things as simple as possible.

In fact, I just finished my Imperial Security Bureau tunic for hot weather trooping and will be wearing it two weekends from now for a troop. Total cost for the two uniforms...$125.00. Still waiting on my number, but haven't been rejected yet either.