EFX Empire lid

Did anybody else get their EFX Empire lids today? Want to compare the "strangeness" of it. There appears to be stickers covering the entire helmet. The stickers appear to be giving the helmet its shine. Anybody know whats up with that? Mine is a bit wonky above the aerators.

I'd send an e-mail to eFX (or cozmictoyz if they are the supplier), include the pics, and ask them what gives.

Ā 

That doesn't look normal.

Edited by ELP

What do you mean? I dont get it. Are you talking about the seams in the injection molding process?

Ā 

Good God man is that what that is? Holy crap your right! I just got out my good light that's the freakin' seam. Uh....I'm even less happy now. So what do I do sand it down? Cheese on a biscuit truck I see them everywhere now. So I'm either colossally stupid or I'm REALLY used to better quality lids.

Yeah, I too am confused on what you mean by "stickers all over it to give it the shine". Can you elaborate some more, because I was planning on picking one of these up for a spare lid.

You think you're confused try sitting in my chair. I out to lunch.

Whew ... It isn't a sticker, but that's a heck of a blemish. I've got an eFX helmet coming so at least now I'm prepaired.

Ā 

Jason let us know how it turns out, and thanks for the pics and for posting.

That thing is IDENTICAL to the Master Replicas Collectors Edition, minus the color change of the teeth!

Ā 

Check out the photos on StarWarsHelmets.com.

Ā 

Search here on the forums for any thread regarding modding an MRCE and you'll see exactly how others have dealt with the seams.

Ā 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Whew ... It isn't a sticker, but that's a heck of a blemish. I've got an eFX helmet coming so at least now I'm prepaired.

Ā 

Jason let us know how it turns out, and thanks for the pics and for posting.

Ā 

Its not a "Blemish" its the way they are made and assembled. They are EXACTLY like the MRCE,which is what i expected from all the pre-order shots i saw of it. Im pretty sure they just took over the license and are using the same molds.

Darth - That's a good point but not having your experiance I was not expecting this, and from the sound of it neither was the OP. I'm not upset, now that I know, but had I opened the box and seen that I'd be a tad concerned.

Ā 

And as far as being a blemish I'd say this is "an imperfecton that mars or impairs" regardless of how it was created.

Darth - That's a good point but not having your experiance I was not expecting this, and from the sound of it neither was the OP. I'm not upset, now that I know, but had I opened the box and seen that I'd be a tad concerned.

Ā 

And as far as being a blemish I'd say this is "an imperfecton that mars or impairs" regardless of how it was created.

You , and me=same page.

Thanks for the tips everybody I'll keep you in the loop as far as my fixing. it.

you DONT have to repaint the entire helmet.

just make your teeth holes bigger and paint the frown larger, raise the brow trim, cut down the ears, replace the tube stripes - you will be fine.

Oh yeah - fill the gap above the frown with white caulk or similar.

AND replace the lenses with darker lenses.

Ā 

there were lots of MRCE mod threads a year or 2 ago. search my post topics for my finished product photos.

Ā 

Actually for $150 for this helmet, then do all the mods, it really would be cheaper to get a VT, AP second, or ATA. I think all of those look alot better, just personal preference. Even fully modded, I still think the MRCE (now eFX) still look a little off... i think its the frown that bothers me the most.

Ā 

That said - I keep my MRCE, because it is by far the most durable helmet. Not too heavy, weight wise - but it is SOLID plastic.

Yup, that is identical to the MRCE of a few years back. Research any of those threads (No'l's being the best) and you can see any number of ways to mod it up.

Ā 

If you can find one of these for $100 or under, it's a decent project, especially if you are looking for something more accurate to replace the FX lids. However, at it's current price you can get better helmets that require less work.

Ā 

I have one of the MRCE and once you finish the mods it is a pretty solid and durable helmet.

Thanks for the info on the Mods. I actually contacted Cozmic and as they hadn't sent it out yet I canceled my order. I like the idea of buying cheaper helmets that require less work to get the same, if not better effects.

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

I still need to practice my armour buying mantra: "Read twice, buy once".

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 weeks later...

i got mine at CV this past week and got it home and modded it back to anh version expect i did the grill differently its surprising what a little paint and weathering will do im a sandtrooper so this works for me better than the fx i should say that bucket is retired now here is the esb helmet modded back to anh Sandie post-8067-128236605532_thumb.jpg

post-8067-128236607214_thumb.jpg