Drop boxes

I just made mine look like the screen caps...

And if you need some quick reference shots, let us know. :)

And dont forget that they are more on the "sides" rather then on the top of the leg, or in the middle of the legs( top part) ( the screen shots when Han and the blond kid are defiling our armor, in the detenction cell block are good close shots )

They actually cover the small area between the butt plate and the leg .... :huh:

see the movie...sorry cant put it in words :wacko:

• 1 year later...

A few Questions... What is on the inside of the drop boxes? Is it a small drop box reversed inside? Or foam? Where does the bottom end of the white strap connect? Does it get glued to the backside or riveted to the drop box? Or does it get sandwiched between the front and back parts of the drop box? Also what should be used for the white strap? Elastic? How wide should the strap be?

I found this pic on Mike's website. I hope he doesn't mind me putting the link here.

-----------

Thanks

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It's complete crap Bill - send it to me and I'll ensure it gets disposed of. ;-)

Just create a Request Elite Status thread in that forum and we'll be on this like white on rice. Just ensure we can see the details in each shot.

I am going to have to redo the positioning on my drop boxes. I have to move them more to the ends of the belt. I think after that the only thing that needs upgrading would be the shoulder bells; I need to replace them with something a little more accurate and maybe the hand plates as well.

kwdesigns said:
Thank you Bill. So the white 3/4 inch elastic strap just wraps around the Canvas belt. Right? Or is something used to keep it from sliding side to side?

BTW Your armor looks great Bill. Nice detail.

Kevin

Yerrp, mine just rap around the belt with a smidge of glue to stop them sliding about.

A nice alternative is to use snaps to attatch the ammo belt and boxes the same as Curtis

did on his AP build a while back, and Firebladejedi did on his post for his belts.

Here's his link and some pictures.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=854

3woGlBk.jpg

ulmlmC1.jpg

And thank you for compliment on my armour, but I'm afraid that all credit for that incredible detail

should go to its astounding creator who over many years as endeavored in hes unyielding pursuit of

the perfect armour.Without sounding flippant, I think that its impossible to look bad in Paul's stuff

even if you tried, :)

And may I say, that your creations are also held in the same esteem Sir!.... :)

Smitty, Paul(Daetrin), thanks mateys, I'll try to get some pics together and submit them when I can. :D