Zman's Commander Conversion

Ranger Z

Long story, but I ended up buying a new set of TK armor and wanted to do something with the old set. Going dirty was an option but decided to do TK Commander! I'm almost done masking taping and will take more pictures, but decided to do a little test on weathering methods. I will also do some post painting scratching but wanted so chip looking parts. Have to admit I don't actually like any of them but think I like the toothpaste best. Hoping to paint tomorrow!

sI3Simj.png

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right:

------------

Masking fluid with one of the little frisket brushes is the best, hands down. And it will absolutely look like chips when you're done.

My $.02. :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good there mate.

Here one that's almost finished by one of our youngest members

SeanTrooper - he cant wait for his 18th birthday to officially join.

Turned 16 this year in May and he is well under way as you can see.

So yeah - get scuffing mate!

ms0oBcJ.jpg

1xJKyCh.jpg

4825389944_7976430566_z.jpg

Zman - I think you nailed it but going for the game variation, the lenses need to be flat green and it looks like you have bubble? Otherwise - as I posted to your GML - looks an easy pass to me.

Sean - what can I say except it would be great if you were 18 and able to join. Wait! There is a cadets program now - you can join that way. :)

On 8/5/2010 at 9:56 PM, Daetrin said:

Sean - what can I say except it would be great if you were 18 and able to join. Wait! There is a cadets program now - you can join that way. :)

The Galactic Academy for those who are not yet 18 ---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sean, you might want to start a new TK Commander thread with your pictures here ----------

Nice commander BTW Wayne. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Cannot wait to see this live in less than a week.

And just think how good it will look with a Troop-Athlon medal around your neck!!! :)

• 10 months later...
On 7/17/2010 at 2:03 PM, Zman said:

Long story, but I ended up buying a new set of TK armor and wanted to do something with the old set. Going dirty was an option but decided to do TK Commander! I'm almost done masking taping and will take more pictures, but decided to do a little test on weathering methods. I will also do some post painting scratching but wanted so chip looking parts. Have to admit I don't actually like any of them but think I like the toothpaste best. Hoping to paint tomorrow!

I'm using PVA glue to get the chip effect. Very happy with it so far...

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...