How long have you been a 501st member?

tk0000

Ā 

Loving it still as much as I did back then. 7 sets of armor later... (FX twice, TM, TE2 Twice, and 3 ATA sets...)

Ā 

I am still building. Yeesh.

2005 - Comic Con was my first event as TK-4510. I wore my RT-MOD proudly. SInce then Ive been an EP III Clone, Sandtrooper, AP for Rose Parade, then clean trooper in 2008. Havent dressed out since then. BUT this year I am coming back to Comic-Con for the Saturday photo. Crunch Time!!!

I joined the 501st back in 2007 with a crappy FX recast armour, combined with a crappy SDS battlespec recast helmet (fiberglass). The armour was so bad, I have absolutely no clue why they allowed me in :D

Ā 

I did one troop in it, bits kept falling off like every 5 minutes, I was totally gutted. After the event I threw that piece of crap in corner and felt I'd never ever troop again!

Ā 

Instead I did like a million troops with my R2-D2 after that, but eventually got the bug to upgrade my TK - and here I am, still searching for the holy grail (though I feel I'm awfully close by now ;)).

Edited by R2Dan

October 27th, 2007 was the day I received my approval email. I spent 2 hours outside doing yard work while waiting for the email hoping it would come that day and it did.

Ā 

I started the 501st Legion as a Mountain Garrison member and about 5 months later transferred to Garrison CaridaƂĀ® when I moved back east to be closer to family.

Ā 

Tray_TK_yardwork.jpg

Edited by Tray

Awsome, troopers!

Ā 

I started with f/x armor, and a biker scout get up. Vader a few years ago. Been working on AP and TE2 for a few years now. I've been working on bobba fett for nearly 12 years lol.

I am still not a member as I live a fair distance from the action down in Cornwall.

Ā 

Despite owning almost every armour and helmet I have never joined. I will sort it out this year! Very slack being on a 501st forum and not joining up! Bad JoeR ;)

Ā 

Joe

Had to actually go to the main legion boards and look myself up to remember.

Ā 

Joined December 2006. Actually trooped twice before I was officially accepted, so I've actually been in armor since October 2006 and actually got my armor in May 2006. Spent a few months researching and building my armor. My buddy and I got armor at the same time and we would spend almost every Saturday researching websites on how to build each and every part. Then we would debate which set of instructions to use, finally decide on one and then do it. Those were fun Saturdays, lots of beer and good times. Building your first set of armor makes you as giddy as a school kid. :D

Edited by Laspector

I'n on my 7th or 8th year now?

Early 2003 is when I joined the UKG and then a few months later the 501st

Lost my password on the 501st so had to rejoin lol

Ā 

Seen a lot in that time. Our club has grown from 20/30 people to almost 300 or so now :D

Ā 

With that has come a lot of extra knowledge and skills, but also a few other issues which I'm sure anyone here with a large membered garrison can sympathise with :)

Ā 

It's a great thing to be involved in and I'm honoured to tell my friends I'm part of a worldwide geekdom that loves all things Star Wars (except Jar Jar Binks)

Ā 

I joined when I changed jobs, suddenly had a large pay rise and lots of spare cash to play with lol (well, cash not used to spending anyway lol)

I asked myself what are the few things I'd always wanted?

Large tele, surround sound and a stormtrooper suit :)

Ā 

I then found the UKG and they then showed me the 501st. It's been great ever since. Great bunch of people and a great thing to do with people the world over.

Makes me smile when I think there's a few chaps/lasses, I've never met who are on the other side of the world when I'm asleep probably doing the exactly the same thing as I was earlier today right now....

Cutting up plastic, smelling of glue and trying to stitch back on a finger all in the aid of Star Wars costumes :)

proud to say not a second!

Ā 

LOL, yes ...i can comprehend this.

Ā 

The fun for trooping goes near zero for me since a longer time.

So i also thought about to leave the 501st.

I'm now in since 3 years; meet many nice , but also enought bad people.

Ā 

For me the 501st is now more a contact base for props and infos, as for active trooping in armor.

I decide for me more to go the collector sector.

Edited by Turrican

I joined in October 2008, looking forward to my 5 year anniversary. :D

2 Clone builds and this year a TK ATA build!

So alittle over 2 years now and I love it! B)

Look at my post count, order 66,haha

Ā 

clones_temple.jpg

Edited by CT9926