ROM/FX in RT-MOD helmet

Finaly got everything set up! Im very pleased on the outcome. Im posting this just in case anyone is wondering how to set up their helmet, an that they could use this for ideas!!

Here is my RT-MOD set up with hovi speakers from air-ship. Very nice hovis i must add!!!

484af2dc.jpg

d6b25916.jpg

Here is the inside. I have my ROM set up on the left side. Believe it or not, it is not in the way. I cant even feel it on the side of my head. I quickly made a black material bag for the board to protect it from sweat or dirt or whatever else lands in there. Im not thrilled with the battery, but im worken on fixinf the location.

ca9f6b28.jpg

1d9aeda9.jpg

I picked the mic up from jim. Needless to say, its perfect!!! It originaly was a wrap aroun style mic, but i snipped off the wire an bent the edge an placed velcro around it to fasten it to the helmet. I went velcro crazy, but i do own an AP bucket, an i plan on having a bucket for every episode, so i wanted everything to be interchangeable.

3fb6410d.jpg

606e7aa5.jpg

All the excess wires WERE NOT cut!!! I simply just tucked them into the neck trim, an they fit perfectly. Not a single bump or buldge. An it make the inside look very clean.

Here is the connector fpr the wires for my hovi's. Velcroed to the bottom left of the helmet.

340e7955.jpg

I kept the original padding. Its way to comfortable to replace!!!

And thats basicaly it!!! I will be adding fans soon. I can live with out them for now. Im more worried about getting my armor.

Thanks for looking and hope this helps with future set ups!

How loud is the ROM/FX through the hovis with a 9v battery? I am looking at a ROM/FX myself but I was planning on taking it to 12v with a chest speaker, I would freaking love to have it all in the helmet like yours though.

I also really love your padding, it is very clean, where did you get it?

Edited by snoberg

Right now its not too loud. I think im having issues with the hovis, but air ship has been great at helping me figure out whats wrong. He tested my set begore it shipped an said it was loud enough to almost blow the speakers. Soooo i dont know what i did.

Im goin to be trying a 9v 300mah rechargeable battery. An a AA set up. I love the board. Seriously....its worth buying.

And the padding came with my bucket. Its beyond comfortable!!! Its set up in an 'I' formation. Forehead,top, back of the head

Nice setup, one thing, you'll find that using 8AA batteries (12v) will make the ROM sound louder.. also they will last longer than one 9v...

A bit of safety advice, stick the battery in a battery box, just in case you get any battery leakeage happening.. the last thing you wasnt is any battery fluid leaking onto your face....

Awesome! Your not sopose to surpass 12v correct?

You got it.

Is there a way for me to order the padding you have in your helmet? After lots of searching I think your setup for pads looks the best for me.

Edited by snoberg

You got it.

Is there a way for me to order the padding you have in your helmet? After lots of searching I think your setup for pads looks the best for me.

Sean,

PM me and I'll send you some padding. I have some similar stuff I get from work. We use it for sound insulation in motor/generator sets...but it's nice and soft and self adhesive!

Sean,

PM me and I'll send you some padding. I have some similar stuff I get from work. We use it for sound insulation in motor/generator sets...but it's nice and soft and self adhesive!

PM sent, you rock!

Here's what the padding/foam looks like... It's 1 1/8" thick and has industrial grade adhesive on the back with a backing you just peel off. This is mainly used for sound insulation on motor/generator sets. I get to keep the scraps after a job is complete. My garbage picking is for your comfy lids!

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4940.jpg

This stuff is used at work, but is only ordered per job. I'll try to save as much as I can and once I build up a "stock", I'll offer it up on the commisary. I only have a few pieces right now so Sean and Wade, consider yourselves lab rats!! LOL

Post when you get it and how you like it.

Score! What is the best way to cut it cleanly??

A good pair of scissors works best...tho I'm sure a razor knife would work too. You can also double it up. It sticks to itself quite nicely!

Right now its not too loud. I think im having issues with the hovis, but air ship has been great at helping me figure out whats wrong. He tested my set begore it shipped an said it was loud enough to almost blow the speakers. Soooo i dont know what i did.

Im goin to be trying a 9v 300mah rechargeable battery. An a AA set up. I love the board. Seriously....its worth buying.

After fooling around with different setups with the Romfx in the bucket, also a RT-Mod I ended up going with ditching the hovi speakers and using the supplied speaker in the chest. Night and Day difference. I seriously doubt you can even find a set of Hovi speakers that will compare. In a room setting it sounds great, but outdoors...in a convention etc. no way you can compare the two.

You did find the only sweet spot in the helmet though..its a tight fit to add anything in the smaller version of the RT Mod helmet with a normal size melon.

Ya I agree. Tho, I'm not sure which version of helemt I have. I got mine in March of this year. Finding a good spot for my face fan is a little difficult. It's in the lower left hovi area with battery boxes in the side and back. I swapped out the 9V box and wired it for 6 AAAs with a switch. It should last 3 times as long...the 9V only lasted about 1.5 to 2 hours max.

I also have the Aker amp behind my chest. Love it! I have my setup on another thread.

Sean and Wade, I have some nice strips of foam ready to ship out Monday. You should have more than enough...the foam works well in armor also for keeping stuff from moving around IE forearms, shins, etc.

Thanks for taking part in a foam experiment!

Edited by SolderMaster

dude, i dont own armor. i wear my helmet to take out the garbage, just sitting watching tv. you name it! im hopen it just magicaly attaches to my head without the use of gorrilla glue.

i would love to wear my bucket when my band plays. but things tend to get rowdy, and im too paranoided to take it with me

Wade, that looks like the micro Imperial Fan Kit...if you troop during the summer, you may want his larger squirrel fan kit. I have both and love em!....Tho I did modify the 9V squirrel fan...instead of 1 9V battery, I wired it for 6 AAAs...lasts longer.

Padding/foam shipped out today...you should have it soon.

Im really happy with the fan. My lid is getten pretty heavt. An im not too worried about heat. I live in the central calley of ca, where its 100+ degrees in the summer/fall. An ive competed in paintball for over 4 years in the heat and summer, so im very use to hott helmets/face maskes.

But i may have to try out his other fan like you said. Who knows, i may be introduced to a new tk heat.