Assembly Sequence Intitiated

First, I just want to thank everyone who has come before and shared their wisdom and know-how helping to make this dream come true, especially TK-6744 of the Empire City Garrison (thanks Chris).

This is my first attempt at building a suit of Stormtrooper armor. It will basically be worked on on weekends. I am creating a Heavy Weapons Trooper. The armor is AM ordered from Trooper Supplies (troopersupplies@hotmail.com). The guys over there were very helpful and even threw in some extra goodies with my order including a pauldron.

I have decided to go with a snap system and found a nice kit specifically marketed for Stormies at -----which comes with 35 snaps, elastic for straps, pliers, and piercing tool.

So, without further ado this is it so far.

STEP 1 THIGHS

I decided to go with the thighs first.

cwvc7kt.jpg

The kit is supposed to be good for bigger builds. I'm 5'11" 215lbs. So, I went with it to be on the safe side. After trying it on, it was big and did require some extra trimming. I then lightly sanded the two surfaces to be joined on the outer thigh, leaving the inner thigh to be joined with velcro.

YcWuoQs.jpg

After being sure to clean off all the dust, I applied E6000 glue to both surfaces and then joined the two pieces and clamped them.

LGVfiUK.jpg

And repeat for the second one.

IKBx26a.jpg

STEP 2 FOREARMS

VOrpz3f.jpg

As you can see below from the trimmed and untrimmed versions of the Inner Forearm piece, there is a lot of play for bigger builds.

Ev99Nz8.jpg

After fitting the Forearm pieces, I scored and trimmed the Inner Forearms.

DkFJiIK.jpg

I then taped them off the Inner Forearm pieces to indicate where I'd sand and left the tape to catch any glue escaping from the joint.

rY91DZg.jpg

Then sanded the Outer Forearm.

uoFMm5N.jpg

I glued one seam and left the other to be connected with velcro.

tA7VJKp.jpg

gvM3w1J.jpg

Well that's it for this weekend. Any input appreciated.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great work Chris! Nice build :duim:

Top notch work on the TK lid. But, if I might put my .02 cent worth in... Since your lid is a stunt style and not a hero, I think that the Brow trim should be raised a little.

Take a look at the comparison between the original stunt and original hero lids.

HERO:

leupdKm.jpg

STUNT:

nxmuA9N.jpg

HERO:

FppbXKY.jpg

STUNT:

E9hT065.jpg

Keep up the great work!