OPEN POLL (straw):Should pack be able to be weathered?

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should we allow weathered packs, etc.?

Here's a good one - should we allow weathered packs and pouches for the HWT?

If you look at the screen caps you can clearly see that some of the suits are scuffed, and the pauldrons are a bit dirty too.

HWT011.jpg

I'm leaning to allow it as well as some very light weathering of the armor such as can be done via black wash. This is how Boss looks, for comparison.

86_example_tn.jpg

If the vote looks strong enough, I'll create a binding poll in the detachment area.

everything in star wars should be weathered.

only non weathered armor I've ever seen is usually on the DS 1 and DS 2.

where the troops are elite, but bored.

since the topic is weathering.. what about the ICN?

there is definite visible weathering on the armor in several areas.. namely the ab and belt, back plate details and the helmet.. around the ears and brow...

but the CRL states : "Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, but not weathered"

IMO it should be : Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, and lightly weathered

the armor on the screen caps looks like it has been blackwashed, i mean it has been through many fires ;)

since the topic is weathering.. what about the ICN?

there is definite visible weathering on the armor in several areas.. namely the ab and belt, back plate details and the helmet.. around the ears and brow...

but the CRL states : "Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, but not weathered"

IMO it should be : Armor and paint should be lightly scuffed, and lightly weathered

the armor on the screen caps looks like it has been blackwashed, i mean it has been through many fires ;)

Good idea. I think when we create binding, language altering changes to the CRL/EIB we should create ones for the Incinerator and Stormtrooper Commander as well. I think we need to be careful to ensure the language is such that it allows 'wear' and 'light weathering' to distinguish the techniques that should be use vs. what's commonly done on sandtroopers. If you look at the games and clones, it's a very different style than how sandtroopers look.

To me carbon scoring falls under 'weathering' if we specify the technique, e.g. blackwash or similar. What I want to say is that these costumes can be weathered in this fashion to appear used from the battlefield, as opposed to sandtroopers which are striving after a different look entirely. I guess it would depend on how far to take it, e.g. 'light' or 'medium', but perhaps not 'heavy'.

I vote no. Reason is...

Wearing it will weather it. That is what we see on caps. There will always be someone that will over do it and that is sandy land, not HWT. By keeping it clean, allowing it to weather on its own you match the look.

Light to medium "wear & tear" scuffing should be allowed, as many of us strive for the same look with our "clean" TKs. Even "battle damage" weathering a la the TKC should be acceptable.

However, the language should be crafted such that it is clear that sandtrooper-type weathering is not allowed.

• 4 weeks later...

weathering yes but worn, as it would be in the field , my commander looks great love the sandies but Hwt is awsome i have a pack and bfg so sandie or HWT???

Edited by tk8428

• 1 year later...

Totally agree, it should be a light weathering, but not "dirty"

YES!!! and it will be interesting to see what can be done abandoning the sand and desert earth colors and see what light weathering from other worlds in the SW Universe :)