ROTJ strapping system question

looking at the rotj screen-shots i can see the torso has no rivets in the sides connecting the ab armor to the butt/kidney, like anh/esb clamshell setup

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h05m26s161.png

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h11m31s225.png

my question is... is there straps holding them together or does the belt hold the parts? also i cant seem to find any pictures of ROTJ strapping anywhere does anyone have some pics for reference? advice?

As far as I am aware there's no rivets on the ROTJ TK armour connecting the back and ab plate together. The belt seems to hold them together, supported by the suspenders holding up the armour.

If you head on over to star wars helmets site there is a topic about a screen used ROTJ suit with this photo showing the strapping of sorts.

rotjtkstraps.jpg

You can see there is a suspender type system.

Nope, no rivets. But I still use a clamshell type setup on mine, tho it's nearly impossible to see.Especially handy for those of us who are drought and famine resistant :D.

External views.

4625r9.jpg

4625r8.jpg

Internal view.

P1010217-1.jpg

That's 4" wide black elastic on each side, glued onto the kidney plate and hidden snaps on the ab plate.

P1010218.jpg

The belt is rivetted on permanantly at the front, and the holster is attached to the kidney with chicago screws, so the belt won't sag and it is also an anchor point fo rthe belt. Just a matter of closing the snaps on the left side and tightening the belt up to get an even gap - left to right.

• 3 months later...

i know oin the original suit i modeled my build after the shoulders were velcro'd, the belt facing is the only place that had the small rivets

ROTJREFERENCEPIC5-1.jpg

ROTJREFERENCEPIC2.jpg

tk17-1.jpg

Edited by TK8280