HOWTO: Sound System

I have been asked numerous times about the sound system I built for my bucket. So on advice I am posting a thread to gauge interest, on a build to order basis.

These are scratch built with vac formed parts. Completely self contained. Easy in-easy out.

One 9v battery powers two 50mm 24 watt speakers. Very loud and clear.

The second 9v battery powers two brushless super quiet fans that keep you from fogging up.

System is designed for 9v power which allows for hours of use. I was in armor for the duration of C4 and went through one set of batteries. No feedback at all with this rig.

I want $200 for each unit. It comes with a 90 day warantee and a satisfaction gaurantee

sTW1MmY.jpg

XcGzhJw.jpg

A7tH3vH.jpg

d973Kyu.jpg

z6xn1cT.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes with its own. But if your earators are threaded they should work. If you have hovi mix, then you need to mod it further. I'm sure the hovi mix could be threaded.

Stomper's aerators are 100% threaded and ready to go. Keith's are not. I suppose I could just sent the aerators I want, unless you get yours direct from either source (as they're both thumbs up in my book).

:6: ahhh man, i was eyeing your set... but your neck seal has but me over my budget :) may be later.

good luck

TK_MD

Mmmm...maybe I should have lent you my helmet today as a test bed? I have the fans & aerators already...

I need to send out some tube stripes - should I put a bucket in the mail as well?

I could actualy make it to fit anything that needs sound.

Then I'm Interested in getting one for my AP helmet and I would be able to send you my Hovi-Mix tips.

Thanks,

Curtis (TK-4261)

Hey Wyatt,

I would like to order one if you have decided if you are going to make them.

Could you please PM,

Thanks,

Curtis

I cranked up my first sale unit today. Not to brag, but it rocks. Very loud and distinct I hope to have it done by the Edmonds Parade so I can show it off:) Looks a bit different than my original. Almost spider-ish. I fancy the name Bomar, so that's what I'm going to call it. The speakers are scratch built and designed in such a way that they act as little acoustic amplifiers; the sound blasts out the aerators. The back of each amplifier is adorned with an embossed Imperial Cog. Two 40mm brushless fans are virtually silent. The Thing is a work of art in deed, but the greatest beauty of this gadget is it's simplicity. Everything is built in. No soldering, no wiring, no hooking up speakers. I can remove and replace in under a minute. Oh yes, and it's durable. I'm offering a 90 day warrantee, so I don't want any of them coming back.

On availability;

I am in the process of making cleaner molds for my parts. I need to get multiple parts out of each pull. right now I am making one piece at a time which is time consuming. I will most likely offer them up on ebay to give me a good idea on price before I go into any production. If I am at a loss in paypal, Then there will be just the couple of them made.

That sounds like a double dog dare if I ever heard one ;)

Looks like I'll be up all night getting it done. I just looked at the clock. It's almost wednesday :o

Hi,

this set really looks awesome and I am very interested.

The only thing I would miss is the "static burst". Would it be possible to incorpororate a RomFX?

Or better, do you plan to offer a set, that is "pre-wired" and has the right size to fit the RomFX later on (instead of your built-in amplifier)?

I mean, like a "Plug-and-Play" solution for the RomFX.

By the way what are these two red buttons in the front for (switches for the fans I assume)?

Greetings,

Alex

I have to look in to this. I've never installed one. Tomorrow I will see one of our troopers that have a rom FX and go over it with him. I'll get back to you on this.

I have to look in to this. I've never installed one. Tomorrow I will see one of our troopers that have a rom FX and go over it with him. I'll get back to you on this.

Hey, that would be great!

I hope it will be somehow possible, that would be the best of both worlds (a great setup + the best effects so far).

Thanks for checking it out,

best regards

Alex

I've had a lot of mail in regaurds to this sound system and though I certainly wouldn't complain of mail from my fellow TK's but I've had a very busy week and I haven't had time to get back to everyone. Stay tuned for an update.

I've had a lot of mail in regaurds to this sound system and though I certainly wouldn't complain of mail from my fellow TK's but I've had a very busy week and I haven't had time to get back to everyone. Stay tuned for an update.

Thanks Wyatt, look forward to the update.

Just curious if anyone knows the secret to preventing feedback.....these speakers look pretty nice and they are big. I tried putting speakers in my bucket last year and tried covering them with all kinds of stuff and nothing seemed to work. Anyone have any solutions?

Thanks Wyatt, look forward to the update.