The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Type: Armor Master (AM)

Contact: troopergear@gmail.com and tupperwaretk@yahoo.com are the two reliable, lowest cost, and best vendors of this armor. Both lite (helmetless) and full kits are available.

Am I to understand these are two seperate vendors or either email address will get you the same seller?

Am I to understand these are two seperate vendors or either email address will get you the same seller?

That's exactly what it is :)

• 3 weeks later...

Another novice here and I have a couple of questions. I am about 5'6 and weigh about 140 lbs. I am looking for a set of armor that won't break the bank and ATA seems like a good option and most posts I have seen say that it is good and rather easy to assemble, I was just wondering if anyone out there had some of their own thoughts about that. I was also wondering what was different between the ANH armor and ESB armor. I have looked at the CRL and besides the paint colors on the helmet I can't see any obvious differences and I know I must be missing something. I would like to so the ESL armor but it isn't a deal breaker as both suits are nice. Again ATA seems to be ANH derived. Thanks!

Another novice here and I have a couple of questions. I am about 5'6 and weigh about 140 lbs. I am looking for a set of armor that won't break the bank and ATA seems like a good option and most posts I have seen say that it is good and rather easy to assemble, I was just wondering if anyone out there had some of their own thoughts about that. I was also wondering what was different between the ANH armor and ESB armor. I have looked at the CRL and besides the paint colors on the helmet I can't see any obvious differences and I know I must be missing something. I would like to so the ESL armor but it isn't a deal breaker as both suits are nice. Again ATA seems to be ANH derived. Thanks!

You are correct, there are very few differences between ESB and ANH armour. Just some subtle differences in the helmet paintjobs, decals vs hand painted, and different hand guards, holsster and blaster.

The differenes are not so much in the armour, as in the accessories.

ESB armor has many subtle differences. the shoulder straps are attached fully, the trimming on some of the parts is different for the 2 classes of

armor used in the film. some of the esb armor is just anh armor with different hands and decals and paint on the helmet.

but the blasters types, cut of the holster, and internal assembly method is also different.

the shoulder bells, and bicep connections are also different and very clear to see when it's all pointed out.

many subtle variances to teeth cuts and eye cuts also as well as the chin paint and colors.

even the internal strapping went though a change.

the shoulder bells, and bicep connections are also different and very clear to see when it's all pointed out.

many subtle variances to teeth cuts and eye cuts also as well as the chin paint and colors.

even the internal strapping went though a change.

Don't be mixing in the Mk II into a "newbie" discussion. It adds nothing but confusion.

the only element of confusion is not explaining all the variations to a new person. I don't like calling some one

a newb... that in and of itself is the wrong option to take.

we should be able to clearly explain any variation to anyone.

don't try to dumb it down so much that you lose all the wonderful

options a person can choose.

try sir not to make it so "Simplified" as to lose the screen accuracy of a point of costuming.

while we don't force a person to learn, they will benefit in the long run.

I'm not just talking about the helmet of the features of the Mk 2... I'm talking about how

the look of the suit changed due to strapping changes.

the bicep to shoulder bell connection has nothing at all to do with the mk 2 it's the

change in strapping location on all the esb suits.

clearly shown in the carbon freeze scene where all biceps are dropped down.

not in all scenes.. but most show this major look difference in the way the arms

were strapped.

and after all I have done for this detachment to say "don't " or such is a little

off the mark mathias...

why the effort to control the flow of information just because YOU think it's

"confusing"

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I have no intention of controling information, and 'm sorry if I offended you. However I do not see any point to adding on about the Mk II costume. It adds only confusion to anyone who's not already well aware of the differences. I believe that if you are interested, then you'll seek out that information when you want it instead of getting force fed with it.

I'm calling this a "newbie" conversation because it is what is is in it's true meaning. A new beginner conversation. Basics. Mk II is a not suitable topic in a basic-level discussion IMHO.

And in what way can you proove that the shoulder bell connection on the re-used ANH suits are different than in ANH? I do not mean the horizontal strap aross the bicep.

Also, as far as we currently know, the carbon freeze chamber is the only place the Mk II is seen.

Thank you for all if information about the differences. About the Affordable Trooper Armor (ATA), is that a good set of armor and a good supplier or should I look elsewhere? If so, any suggestions? Again I am not very big (5'6, 140).

Thank you for all if information about the differences. About the Affordable Trooper Armor (ATA), is that a good set of armor and a good supplier or should I look elsewhere? If so, any suggestions? Again I am not very big (5'6, 140).

ATA is a trustworthy supplier. Most parts will fit you fine, but you may need to trim some parts smaller to fit good. But that's better than having to do the reverse. :)

Thanks, I assumed I would have to trim some parts and getting bigger isn't an option. Is there anywhere else that I should look?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or it's the reverse. I'm just saying ATA, or any screen derived suit will be fine for you, in terms of size.

I am new and I would like to be an ESB style trooper. I have a couple months before I am able to join the 501st, but I want to be ready. Because I am new, I would probably need already assembled/very easy to build kit. I am around 6 feet tall and 220 lbs and live in the U.S. Can anyone tell me which of the vendors Daetrin mentioned would be best for me? From the descriptions, I think ATA and AM are the best for me, but again, I am new. I want to know how much it would cost, not because I won't buy it, I just need to know how much money I need to save up.

Edited by Zachary

Ugh, it might appear as I have been taken. I did too much research w/o consulting the 501st (for some ignorant reason).

I purchased a "STAR WARS PROFESIONAL STORMTROOPER ADULT ARMOR COSTUME KIT NEW" from "treckfreek" on EBay.

I won the bidding for $375, but from what I've read, what I purchased (and still waiting on) might not be legit for the 501st?

It is stated to be made of ABS, ANH version, 501st approved (i asked him several times if it was and he agreed).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what's the best place to purchase a blaster that's already assembled?

Is there another vendor other than TK Boots for boots? (They are 4 weeks out for size 9)

And where can I find a thermal detonator?

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TKBoots is the one boots supplier to go with. Thermal detonator comes with the kit. Or at least it should. For treckfreek, I guess you didn't go to the ebay armor section on sellers to avoid. Of course some sellers will tell you its 501st approved, if you can make the modifications. Here, take a look:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18454

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have ATA finished armor suit pics or links?

You can find pictures like that all over the forum if you look for them.

Does anyone have ATA finished armor suit pics or links?

Best place to look for those is build threads, but even easier would be EIB status requests because they contain finished photos. Of course, if you're not going EIB and just want to see a finished suit, you can't compare every tiny feature, but you'll see the whole finished suit. :)

Hello together,

First of all --> sorry for my really bad english!!!

So...how should I start...

My name is Leia, I'm a newby and 32 years old and I am from Austria (near the "Red Bull Circle") and I want to have an completely new armor kit ANH Hero, ROTJ or a sandtrooper kit (they all looks great).

I'm 172cm (67,62") tall and I have approx. 70kg (159 lbs).

Which set would you recommend for me?

The sellers which are in the first topics of this thread have only email addresses - where can I find websites of them?

I would really need a complete set (painted, build together aso) because I'm not very good in mechanics - I would say that I have two left hands!!!

Thanks all for your help.

Best regards

Leia

PS: This is really a great forum - I like it - but my english should be a little bit better

Leia,

Most armor makers do not have websites. Happy customers speak well of them on this site. Get AP Armor made by Mark (Authentic Props). Most say his is the best for smaller people and he has a builder that will make it for you for an extra cost. It will take several months but worth it in the end. Search AP armor on this site and you will see many examples of his suits.

Hello together,

First of all --> sorry for my really bad english!!!

So...how should I start...

My name is Leia, I'm a newby and 32 years old and I am from Austria (near the "Red Bull Circle") and I want to have an completely new armor kit ANH Hero, ROTJ or a sandtrooper kit (they all looks great).

I'm 172cm (67,62") tall and I have approx. 70kg (159 lbs).

Which set would you recommend for me?

The sellers which are in the first topics of this thread have only email addresses - where can I find websites of them?

I would really need a complete set (painted, build together aso) because I'm not very good in mechanics - I would say that I have two left hands!!!

Thanks all for your help.

Best regards

Leia

PS: This is really a great forum - I like it - but my english should be a little bit better

Hello Leia. I have three requests/recommendations:

1. Repost your introductory information in the New Member Introductions section: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=5

2. Being from Austria, I assume you speak German. We have a section for native German speakers - have a look: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showforum=57

3. Contact "Sonnenschein" - she is a very knowledgeable lady who also lives in Austria, and allow her to be your guide here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showuser=3770

Hello everybody!

Today we welcome RS Prop Masters to the Vetted sellers list.

We at FISD now believes that RS has established themselves with enough quality of not only product, but also quality of service, to earn the recommendation of FISD. Keep in mind that we do this screening to save you people, the new guys and girls around here from bad experiences. In a very short time since launch, RS has built up a very dedicated fan base, something that you cannot easily do without a solid track record.

Check out the first page for the updated information.

Hello Leia. I have three requests/recommendations:

1. Repost your introductory information in the New Member Introductions section: http://www.whitearmo...php?showforum=5

2. Being from Austria, I assume you speak German. We have a section for native German speakers - have a look: http://www.whitearmo...hp?showforum=57

3. Contact "Sonnenschein" - she is a very knowledgeable lady who also lives in Austria, and allow her to be your guide here: http://www.whitearmo...p?showuser=3770

:D Thanks, Brian!

Leia, I sent you a PM!

(Leia, du hast Post!)

Edited by Sonnenschein