The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Thank you for the information Daetrin!  I am very interested in joining the 501st Legion! I however do not poses the tools or skill to assemble my own so it is good to see you have recommended a company (Authenticprops) the has a ready to wear out of the box option.  I am excited and can't wait to contact them for pricing and then for a purchase.  And hopefully with in the next couple of months I can submit my application!

Thank you for the information Daetrin! I am very interested in joining the 501st Legion! I however do not poses the tools or skill to assemble my own so it is good to see you have recommended a company (Authenticprops) the has a ready to wear out of the box option. I am excited and can't wait to contact them for pricing and then for a purchase. And hopefully with in the next couple of months I can submit my application!

It's my understanding that even with a building service you still have the accessories to buy. So no true "wear out of the box" option

Yeah that is most likely true, however for someone that does not have the skill or tools (yet) to construct the uniform, I am willing to pay more to get started and then I can take my time on working with a kit.  I think it is a wonderful thing what the 501 Legion stands for and  the things they do for the community their in.  With my history as a First Responder I already enjoy helping people but to be able to bring a smile as a 501 trooper would just be that much better.

FYI:

I purchased an RSPropmasters suit on September 28th 2015 and to date (November 24th) it has not been shipped. Currently it has been just shy of 60 days. RS has told me it is due to demands from Episode 7 and the approaching holidays.

I have also been told they are telling new orders their lead time is upwards of 90 days at this point.

Just for informational purposes for those hoping to purchase the suit for the premiere or otherwise.

It has been 2 years we planned for this Episode 7 rush. Our stock is going out very fast too. We had many orders lately (Disney has placed substantial orders with us too) but still have some kits in stock. If you want it before Christmas, you can order now but act fast before we run out. We use express delivery courier, which means 3 to 4 days in major cities in USA or Europe. All info on the armour on our website : http://stormtroopercity.com/

So, for those hoping to purchase the suit for the premiere, it still is possible ;)

On 11/25/2015 at 12:57 AM, ProjectFirestart said:

FYI:

I purchased an RSPropmasters suit on September 28th 2015 and to date (November 24th) it has not been shipped. Currently it has been just shy of 60 days. RS has told me it is due to demands from Episode 7 and the approaching holidays.

I have also been told they are telling new orders their lead time is upwards of 90 days at this point.

Just for informational purposes for those hoping to purchase the suit for the premiere or otherwise.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

If you're answering me, you're talking to the wrong person ;) I'm not from RS props. I'm from Stormtrooper City (http://stormtroopercity.com/). And yes, it is available in a week time because we have some in stock now and use courier.

On 11/25/2015 at 5:41 AM, Knockerbot said:

I hate to nitpic because I love the work you guys at RS props do but the site you posted says "order now and get it within a week". You may want to update that part.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/25/2015 at 5:35 AM, jt.stormtrooper said:

It has been 2 years we planned for this Episode 7 rush. Our stock is going out very fast too. We had many orders lately (Disney has placed substantial orders with us too) but still have some kits in stock. If you want it before Christmas, you can order now but act fast before we run out. We use express delivery courier, which means 3 to 4 days in major cities in USA or Europe. All info on the armour on our website : http://stormtroopercity.com/

So, for those hoping to purchase the suit for the premiere, it still is possible ;)

Um hasn't this been already discussed on pages 35 and 36?  Your armor appears to be some sort of FX cast armor that you show in your pictures on the website as Mathias and MightyTank (AM) have mentioned...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yes indeed, we had a discussion about that. To clear the same misunderstanding, our armour is not a recast. I posted our mould to prove it. MightyTank is a seller. That might be a motivation to cast doubts over our armour...

Gossip is detrimental but fortunately we have a good quality armour. If I had to hide something, I would have hid who I was. But with stormtroopercity we try to be as clear and honest as possible. We love our work and try our best to provide a good quality product so that we can all enjoy playing with it. Isn't it what it's all about?

As I said before and as you can see on our website, we are open to improvement and suggestions from troopers to better our moulds and armours. If anyone want to constructively participate in it, we'd be glad to receive comments here http://stormtroopercity.com/#contact-us or just send an email at contact@stormtroopercity.com

And if someone see and like our armour, then we still have some in stock, ready to ship before the premiere.

Um hasn't this been already discussed on pages 35 and 36? Your armor appears to be some sort of FX cast armor that you show in your pictures on the website as Mathias and MightyTank (AM) have mentioned...

Edited by jt.stormtrooper

On 11/25/2015 at 8:00 AM, jt.stormtrooper said:

Yes indeed, we had a discussion about that. To clear the same misunderstanding, our armour is not a recast. I posted our mould to prove it. MightyTank is a seller. That might be a motivation to cast doubts over our armour...

Well I'm not misunderstanding anything.  However, I will clear up your misunderstanding.  I did not use the word "recast."  I used the word cast. 

Your armor that is pictured on your website looks the same as the older FX and older AM armor.  Specifically your chest and back plate. 

Your Armor:

---------------

"Screen Accurate" armor:

gallery_12157_11_627998.jpg

gallery_12157_11_787345.jpg

Maybe your armor is made using quality plastic, it is vaccuformed well, and it is a fair price; but if you want to be "clear and honest as possible" then you wouldn't claim your armor to be "Your Film Accurate Stormtrooper Armour at a Fair Price."  Because that statement you use on your website is only half honest.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/25/2015 at 9:11 AM, starsaber25 said:

Well I'm not misunderstanding anything.  However, I will clear up your misunderstanding.  I did not use the word "recast."  I used the word cast. 

Your armor that is pictured on your website looks the same as the older FX and older AM armor.  Specifically your chest and back plate. 

Your Armor:

--------------

"Screen Accurate" armor:

gallery_12157_11_627998.jpg

gallery_12157_11_787345.jpg

Maybe your armor is made using quality plastic, it is vaccuformed well, and it is a fair price; but if you want to be "clear and honest as possible" then you wouldn't claim your armor to be "Your Film Accurate Stormtrooper Armour at a Fair Price."  Because that statement you use on your website is only half honest.

Hi,

Yes, I see. Sorry. Indeed the chest and back plate are slightly different. The helmet is accurate though. My statement being only half honest (not intended) , I'll remove it. I'll clarify your points on my website this afternoon. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You are obviously not selling the same armour as Mightytank. Stop saying that.

​​Hi Mathias,

Was this message addressed to me? If so, where did I say I sold the same armour?

I said he's a seller. I didn't say we had the same armour. No one has the same armour. You don't like it, be it your choice, but we do have lots of customers from the 501st that like it and wear it everywhere. Disney made many orders from different countries. Why is it that you need to be acting like an extremist and twist my statement?

Anyway, if people really want the best armour, I believe it is from the ROTJ or the SDS one but then they would have to pay  £1,000 up for it. Not everyone can afford this. We propose an alternative choice that is of good quality and that looks nice. If our chest and back plates are a bit bigger than the one on film, it has at least the benefits of fitting taller people well.

Let's keep at that, will you.

You're right, I did read that a little hastily. But there's no comparison between the two of you, so there's no reason to bring him into any of your posts regardless.

ROTJ? That's not a maker, that's a movie. And SDS is far from the best available.

Neither are the best kits priced at £1000 or more either. They are cheaper. The only reason anyone would buy from you is that they don't yet know of the existence of better armour.

Also, stop promoting your store in this thread, or I will start moderating your posts.

You're right, I did read that a little hastily. But there's no comparison between the two of you, so there's no reason to bring him into any of your posts regardless.

ROTJ? That's not a maker, that's a movie. And SDS is far from the best available.

Neither are the best kits priced at £1000 or more either. They are cheaper. The only reason anyone would buy from you is that they don't yet know of the existence of better armour.

Also, stop promoting your store in this thread, or I will start moderating your posts.

Well, you know what I said when I said ROTJ. I'm not the maker myself but I do help my friend time to time and it occurs that I answer questions here because I also run his website at the moment, may be not for long as I'm getting busier somewhere else. Please go ahead and use the only power you get if that makes you feel good and important.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there sites for each one of the vendors out there or do I have to email for more information and to order a kit.

Just BCC all the vendors on the list you want to recieve info from. Thats what I did. They all responded within a day or two and then I spent the next month making up my mind which armor will fit me best. Good luck!

Should we get a "sellers to avoid" list going on par with this vetted sellers list? In my short time here I have seen a number of threads of people asking about armour from various places.  With some showing up all the time ie) Originalstormtrooper, Jedi robe etc

edit:

I know that there is the ebay section, but maybe a new thread in this "getting started" sub-forum.

Edited by Jinsei
  • Like 1