The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

RS are top of the line with TM. You can't go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had issues with the coloring being that it is ABS? I have seen some slight tinting on ABS parts I bought for some cars and wanted to know if the same issue might be a possibility on this armor set.

Hi Matthew,

You can PM TM via his member profile. www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/76-troopermaster/

Who might I contact to look into obtaining the TM armor? Been searching around, haven't found anything yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed AM for more info a while ago, but i have not received a response. I was interested in AM because I'm 5'9 and 245 lbs. Does anyone know if the email in the first post is still current? Any help on finding an Armor Kit for my body type would be deeply appreciated.

Hail to the Empire

I emailed AM for more info a while ago, but i have not received a response. I was interested in AM because I'm 5'9 and 245 lbs. Does anyone know if the email in the first post is still current? Any help on finding an Armor Kit for my body type would be deeply appreciated.

Hail to the Empire

You can try PM:ing MightyTank. It's the same person.

I MADE IT!

OK, finally read through all 30 pages!  LOTS of great info here!  Thanks guys!  OK, enough echoing what everyone else has said.  

I'm 5' 10" (ish) and currently 245lbs.  I placed my name on the wait list for ATA (10 months, yikes!) and while I don't mind the wait, I'm considering other options as well.  My schedule is changing (graduating with a Masters this month) and plan on getting some exercise in to drop a few pounds.  The wait is also going to give me the opportunity to make sure I've got the finances to get the kit and pick up all the other parts and accessories I need to do the job as soon as it shows up.

On the other hand, I'm just a few miles from Trooperbay and I'm considering his MTK kit.  His Sandtrooper build videos on YouTube are awesome!  From what I'm reading, both kits are approvable, and both can make Centurion if I want to go there.  So the question is, what's the benefit of one or the other?  I'm looking at doing an ANH Stunt build.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the learning process!

OK, finally read through all 30 pages!  LOTS of great info here!  Thanks guys!  OK, enough echoing what everyone else has said.

So the question is, what's the benefit of one or the other?  I'm looking at doing an ANH Stunt build.

Thank you for taking the time to do so instead of just asking the same things over again.

MTK says he made his suit a little bigger in the girth area for the "larger" troopers and has recently also made some tweaks to the moulds for better accuracy. Other than that it comes down to a possibly shorter waiting period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i was looking to contact,HDPblues from this page but it wasn't found, any idea how I can get a hold of them? thank you so much!

-Victor

Who?

Who?

Type: TE2
Kit: HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived
Availability: Very limited. Only produces set numbers in runs.
Assembly: Armor needs to be trimmed, parts butt joined with finishing strips, then painted.
Comments: Helmet is considered the most screen accurate available, though some don't like the bumpy cap and back.

TE2 is not currently doing runs, but that may or may not change in the near future. Any suits you find now are used. Ah, TE2 armor - definitely for the connoisseur.

And yes, I admin my bias, having owned 2 of his suits.

• Like 1

Type: TE2

Kit: HIPS, untrimmed, ANH derived

Availability: Very limited. Only produces set numbers in runs.

Assembly: Armor needs to be trimmed, parts butt joined with finishing strips, then painted.

Comments: Helmet is considered the most screen accurate available, though some don't like the bumpy cap and back.

Ah sorry, I did not get his handle.

is there anything comparable to TE2 in your Opinion?

In the US ATA, cap-w or mtk. Otherwise TM or RS is more accurate than all of them. Including TE2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok ive read till I cant read no more! Before I pull the trigger Id like comments positive and negative please! Im 5'9, 160lbs and looking for 501st approval so I can contribute to charitable functions etc. I want RS but simply cant fund that so Im ready on an AP untrimmed helmet/armour kit.... Ill piece together all extras after its built.

So, shoot me down or let me bask in decision making glory please?????!!!!! Thoughts ;)

Ok ive read till I cant read no more! Before I pull the trigger Id like comments positive and negative please! Im 5'9, 160lbs and looking for 501st approval so I can contribute to charitable functions etc. I want RS but simply cant fund that so Im ready on an AP untrimmed helmet/armour kit.... Ill piece together all extras after its built.

So, shoot me down or let me bask in decision making glory please?????!!!!! Thoughts ;)

AP is a good armor. Pretty easy to build.