The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Thank you for this very useful thread. I am new to the FISD and am looking into getting a TK armor. Im 5'9, 155lbs. Can anyone please provide me with recommendations based on my height/weight? Thanks in advance.

Hey All,

Long time browser but first time poster.

I'm finally ready to buy some Stormtrooper armor! 

I just contacted Authenticprops (AP) about purchasing some armor from him.

I'm 5' 11", about 150lbs slim build and I think this was the best armor for me. 

Since I'm a complete n00b with all this, any helpful information about the rest of the accessories needed would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to PM me, I will also be reaching out to people on the RPF for some help too. 

thank you!

I think you are on the right track, I am approx 5'9" 148 pounds and I went with AP, you will not be disappointed .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you are on the right track, I am approx 5'9" 148 pounds and I went with AP, you will not be disappointed .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, even though this website is quite organized, its kind of hard to know for sure what you will work best. 

Right now, I've got replies and info back from AP in Canada, and the MTK suit found currently on eBay (sorry, no new info that hasn't already been said around here).  

I live in Canada, so the AP sounds like a logical choice.  However, I do have a 36" waist & 42" chest, so fitting it will take some shimming work.  I've sent a request to ATA as well, to see what they can offer.  Finally, I sent a request to AM, which sounds like the best choice, given my body size and type.  I think that at 5'10", RT would fit girth-wise but may be too tall out of the box.

So I've been trying to save up over the past couple years to purchase an RS set of armor. My wife knows how much I've wanted this and for how long. So being the sweet girls she is she thought she was being the worlds best wife when she bid on an armor set on eBay for me and won. From the photos and information posted on the auction I cannot tell who the manufacturer is, only that it's manufactured in the UK. Does anyone know anything about this armor or have any information on it? My biggest concern is if there is anyway I can modify it to be Legion Approved. I can't wait to join the legion and participate in all the great things it does out in the community. Here is a link to another set of armor being sold by the same person my wife bought mine from. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ebay

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/11/2014 at 5:02 PM, TheCrazyKid said:

So I've been trying to save up over the past couple years to purchase an RS set of armor. My wife knows how much I've wanted this and for how long. So being the sweet girls she is she thought she was being the worlds best wife when she bid on an armor set on eBay for me and won. From the photos and information posted on the auction I cannot tell who the manufacturer is, only that it's manufactured in the UK. Does anyone know anything about this armor or have any information on it? My biggest concern is if there is anyway I can modify it to be Legion Approved. I can't wait to join the legion and participate in all the great things it does out in the community. Here is a link to another set of armor being sold by the same person my wife bought mine from. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ebay

The kit is not as it is described. It is not a ROTJ, it is more ANH. It is also not the photo on the front of the auction, but rather the photos inside in the description. It is a FX set, heavily recast but this one looks to have ok details. It is possible to get legion approval with this suit, but it will take some doing.

You will need to replace the ABS belt, helmet and AB plate (torso). The ABS belt because it is cut too short, the helmet because it's junk and not approved due to proportions, and the ab plate because the cod piece is cut and the button plate in the middle does not have integrated buttons. The ab plate is possible to use though as it's approvable but if your GMO is on his game, it will be hard.

Honest opinion is if the item hasn't already shipped would be to contact the seller and back out of the purchase for your money back. If it has, then open a case with ebay to get your money back as he is advertising a suit that is 501st approvable, which as he ships it, it is not approvable. As wel as his description is as ROTJ, which is it not... So you have lots of ground to cancel the transaction.

I know this for sure, because I had one of these exact suits as my first suit and I got rid of it right away to get a Troopermaster suit.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

So now that I know I need to send this eBay junk back when it arrives, get my wife's money back and thank my wife for her effort...I will then be armorless again with $500 or so laying around. Any suggestions of where I could apply my $500 to get started in my journey to becoming a trooper? Anyone know what the ATA kits are going for these days?

So now that I know I need to send this eBay junk back when it arrives, get my wife's money back and thank my wife for her effort...I will then be armorless again with $500 or so laying around. Any suggestions of where I could apply my $500 to get started in my journey to becoming a trooper? Anyone know what the ATA kits are going for these days?

I believe that the ATA kits are in the 500 range without a helmet, but the wait list is long. ATA, AM and AP are all in the same general pricing range, you should contact them for details. Keep in mind that at this price you are still missing several key components in the suits build. There are a whole set of accessories to get like body suit, holster, cloth belt, neck seal and so on as well as the materials to actually connect the suit together. Finding which suit is just the first step into a bigger world of the stormtrooper. Just keep your eyes open and read a lot here, you'll understand and get used to it soon enough.

Hello all I was doing research on TK armor and I came across a website that I was wondering would be good for armor. The site is called originalstormtrooper.com. It is armor that is taken from the original mold that creator Andrew Ainsworth used to make TK armor for the movie. I was wondering if anyone has any good reviews of this armor or ever ordered from them. I know it's not cheap. I would like any feedback. 

Hello all I was doing research on TK armor and I came across a website that I was wondering would be good for armor. The site is called originalstormtrooper.com. It is armor that is taken from the original mold that creator Andrew Ainsworth used to make TK armor for the movie. I was wondering if anyone has any good reviews of this armor or ever ordered from them. I know it's not cheap. I would like any feedback.

I have a review: RUN!

He did not made or designed the armors and helmets. He only vac formed the armors. His armor is a recast of a TE2/AP ROTJ tour armor. His helmet is sub par. You will pay less and have a better quality armor if you look at our vetted makers.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I believe that the ATA kits are in the 500 range without a helmet, but the wait list is long. ATA, AM and AP are all in the same general pricing range, you should contact them for details. Keep in mind that at this price you are still missing several key components in the suits build. There are a whole set of accessories to get like body suit, holster, cloth belt, neck seal and so on as well as the materials to actually connect the suit together. Finding which suit is just the first step into a bigger world of the stormtrooper. Just keep your eyes open and read a lot here, you'll understand and get used to it soon enough.

lol, explaing this to the wife as we are going over my credit card recepits.

$150 to ATA

$669 to MTK

$50 at target for under armor

$100 to trooper bay for misc

$200 to michaels and Joanne fabrics

and Im not even shopped out neck seals, blaster, holster, etc, etc, ugggggg

TheCrazyKid    There is a thread in here that someone put with an awesome, broken-down list of all the things most people need to make a suit. Pretty much $1,000 was the minimum amount spent total. I'll try to find it again and post a link here.

• Like 1

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28304-how-much-can-i-realistically-expect-to-pay-to-finish-my-stormtrooper-costume/ Well, turns out I don't know how to do that. But maybe if you copy/paste it. There are a few other threads like it as well.

Your link worked, thanks for bringing that back up for new people to check out.

• 4 weeks later...

I am a new member and was looking around the companies listed here who supply armor, what is the general feedback on the sets from RS Prop Masters?

It looks like they have quality builds and if I could order a DIY set for cheaper that would be a better acquisition for me.

RS are top of the line with TM. You can't go wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk