The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

• 3 weeks later...

I have not seen anything on Scootch's Custom Fab Shop but I have been recommended to it by a couple troopers and I wanted an overall opinion of the armor? It fits my budget nicely even with needing to still purchase blaster, holster, boots and gloves. Thank you for this incredible thread and I look forward to trooping hopefully by the end of the year!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

My first post! I'm 5'5" and 165 pounds. Saw an earlier post on this thread that referenced a gentleman that was 5'7", but no reference to a shorter person. Any recommendations on a kit for my height and frame? Your input is greatly appreciated!

Glad to hear that. Any kits that you or anyone can recommend for someone that is 5'5"?

Thank you!

Get something that is accurate. AP/TM/RS/ATA or similar. If you need to shorten the kit for your height, start by taking off some at the bottom of the shins.

Read the part headed "On sizing" where three types are directly recommended.

Of the three TM is the most accurate, including in terms of the size of the individual parts, but it has lot of allowance in the moulds for building parts with more girth. 

RT I believe was sculpted specifically with bigger troopers in mind and features armour parts which are deliberately up-scaled.

AM is large but a poor replica of stormtrooper armour in comparison to either TM or RT.

This thread has helped tremendously with my armor search - Narrowing it down to AP :). My next search is a helmet speaker system for an AP helmet - my apologies in advance for any incorrect terminology. Your input is much appreciated.

Can someone tell me if RT Mod's email is trooper7@shaw.ca? I emailed them a week ago and still no response. I'm hoping it's just due to the high demand of the armor but I just want to be sure.

Type: Troopermaster â„¢

Contact: Please see info contained in for sale threads when posted.

Availability: Limited.

Kit: ABS, untrimmed, fan sculpt. Reputedly the most accurate fan sculpt. Seams on legs and arms are butt-joins with capping strips.

Availability: As slots become available, for sale threads will be posted. Kits are very limited and offered infrequently.

Comments: This is really beautiful armour and extremely movie-accurate. It comes at the price of being pretty tricky to assemble though, with potentially a long wait for supply. TM now supplies all his armour in acrylic-capped ABS. His ABS suits are incredibly glossy and, if assembled with care, look fabulous. Not for very tall troopers. Armour is more generous than SDS or AP, but not as large as RT-mod.

Can I propose an update/edit? Some of this info is no longer up-to-date and some sounds misleading to me. This would be my suggestion.

Type: Troopermaster â„¢

Availability: Limited.

Comments: This is really beautiful armour and extremely movie-accurate. It has to be assembled with movie-accurate butts joints with cover strips and thus there is no easy overlap method option. One-man operation, thus potentially a long wait for supply. TM now supplies all his armour in accurate gloss ABS with an option of 1.5mm or 1mm thickness. If assembled with care, the suits look fabulous. Not for very tall troopers. Armour is more generous than SDS or AP, as it the parts have much allowance for girth variance, but it is not as large as oversized armour, such as RT-mod.

Curious question, and sorry if this one has been asked (it's 25 pages > > )

Anyway, does it make a difference on gender? Women usually have larger hips, so I was thinking I should go with hips armor. Because more than likely the kit, even if trimmed, will be set for a man and us women gotta be all complicated with everything lol

Curious question, and sorry if this one has been asked (it's 25 pages > > )

Anyway, does it make a difference on gender? Women usually have larger hips, so I was thinking I should go with hips armor. Because more than likely the kit, even if trimmed, will be set for a man and us women gotta be all complicated with everything lol

HIPS is a plastic ---> HIgh impact poly styrene in contrast to the better ABS --> Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene :D

My advice would be to take ABS armor and choose the maker according to your proportions.

If you are more a slim build, you could easily go for example with AP, TM or RS (like Diana did just recently.VERY good build thread for girls: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25919-dianas-rs-props-build-anh-stunt/)

Also bigger girl in TK armor, but then it should be for example, RT-Mod or AM.

See you in armor soon :salute: