The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Yes you can tweak the ABS with some heat but it takes a bit of practice and no it doesn't ruin the finish. I have ATA and am 6 feet and 67kg, for the arms and legs you can make larger or small finish strips depending on your size. Most armor makers sell full kits of armor the odd one will sell you a part. Building is entirely up to you but for basic approval you need to at least build to the base CRL's. Some build for comfort, some build for absolute screen accuracy, I built for centurion as I wanted to have the most of the small details you get to see in the films but with comfort and durability.

You could have intoduced yourself in the new members section just to make everyone aware that you are here :D

Thanks for the info. Hot tweaking skills I got. I have worked in plastic for costumes/medieval armor before. Your comment about ATA is one of the things that thwarts me because it seems only whole suits are available and by reading the forums it seems this guys limbs would be better, that guys butt plate is the best, this helmet is best, more details in this suit, etc. and it all seems to be geared towards a slightly taller, thicker, sedate trooper.

Dammit! Why doesn't the Imperial kitchen make a high calorie nutritional paste for us smaller troopers? Ha ha.

I am 177 cm tall and about 55-60 Kg (it varies) heavy, so quite short and slim, and I have no trouble wearing TM. While you are shorter than me, I think you can just take off some from the bottom of the shins and you'll be fine.

Be aware that not all armor makers use the same ABS and there can be a difference in colour, I have just seen the difference between TM and ATA and you do notice when the piecs are right next to each other. Also you build the armor to fit you, have a look through some of the build threads to see the differences in body size and shapes and the different armors used.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Humm.... I hadn't thought about mixing and matching color from maker to maker. ARRGGHH! So confusing because every armourer seems to make one thing really well. Nobody seems to do it all with a consistent quality.

Really!, have you had a good look at TM armor, very nice indeed, it is on my wish list

My problem remains in the sizing. I just don't like having crappy fitting clothes or armor and I have that odd body size. So I will check it out but It has always been a problem with clothes. I am short by modern standards, with a waist smaller than my chest and inseam.

Troopermaster TM

Contact: Please see info contained in for sale threads when posted.

Availability: Limited.

Kit: ABS, untrimmed, fan sculpt. Reputedly the most accurate fan sculpt. Seams on legs and arms are butt-joins with capping strips.

Availability: As slots become available, for sale threads will be posted. Kits are very limited and offered infrequently.

Comments: This is really beautiful armour and extremely movie-accurate. It comes at the price of being pretty tricky to assemble though, with potentially a long wait for supply. TM now supplies all his armour in acrylic-capped ABS. His ABS suits are incredibly glossy and, if assembled with care, look fabulous. Not for very tall troopers. Armour is more generous than SDS or AP, but not as large as RT-mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Above it says TM "Not for very tall troopers." - however, everyone I have spoken to about where to buy my armour from (I'm 6ft 5" thin build) has told me to go to TM as he can cater for the taller trooper with his extra long shin armour?

You are definitely in the upper range limit, but I think that with the XL shins it could work. You'd have a little more black showing than ideal, but that is unfortunately not uncommon even on shorter troopers. And TM is high-end great looking armour. So I'm sure you will be most pleased. Plus the shipping will be cheap and no import taxes either from buying locally.

hi guys, im new here. was thinking of getting my first armor for cosplay purpose (not for joining 501st). im 5ft 6 and 200lb, which armor do you guys recommend? i prefer trimmed and ready to wear cause i dun really got the time to build it myself. isit possible to get one with budget 1k? or max 1.5k?

hi guys, im new here. was thinking of getting my first armor for cosplay purpose (not for joining 501st). im 5ft 6 and 200lb, which armor do you guys recommend? i prefer trimmed and ready to wear cause i dun really got the time to build it myself. isit possible to get one with budget 1k? or max 1.5k?

RS will build it for you for 200 GBP. You'll be also needing gloves, neckseal, boots, holster and E 11 blaster (resin), but still you'll be ready to troop for under 1.5 k (about 1430) - that's GBP, not USD or EUR. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by Choco

I found 2 site's to buy a stormtrooper suit

RS probmasters This one is OKAY its reliable

but what about this one;

http://www.originalstormtrooper.com/

is this one also reliable???

Stay away from that one. Waste of cash.