The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

57 minutes ago, JPaolone said:

Has anyone found a good source outside of Anovos for First Order armor? I’ve scanned the posts here but have not many seen anything recent. Thanks for your help!

Have a look through some of the first order build threads ;) 

There is also this list which is the best info we have on FOTK armor vendors:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43484-wtb-tfatlj-armor-who-is-current/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Real quick, back to OT armor...

I'm looking at some differences between ATA and TM. What really stood out to me on the first post was the note on TM that it's tricky to build. Can anyone expound on that, perhaps with respect to ATA gear?

Also, I have fairly large calves IMO. Can anyone see any issues there between these armors? I was looking at Reaper's Stunt thread, and saw his woes with the shins as well as some mentioning of ATA's left side being smaller.

Finally, I couldn't see if there's a place on the first post that says when it was edited, but I suggest adding a "Current as of:" line.

Cheers

1 hour ago, springaling said:

I'm looking at some differences between ATA and TM. What really stood out to me on the first post was the note on TM that it's tricky to build. Can anyone expound on that, perhaps with respect to ATA gear?

Also, I have fairly large calves IMO. Can anyone see any issues there between these armors? I was looking at Reaper's Stunt thread, and saw his woes with the shins as well as some mentioning of ATA's left side being smaller.

Finally, I couldn't see if there's a place on the first post that says when it was edited, but I suggest adding a "Current as of:" line.

Cheers

Hey Joey,

Personally, I’ve not heard of TM being hard to build, and it’s certainly beautiful armour; however there are lots of good TM and ATA builds here on the forum, including a couple of great TM builds by @TheSwede, that are worth having a look through. 

I’d also suggest checking out some cleared EIB and Centurion applications for those armour makers. Most applications include the applicants height and weight so you can look for someone with a similar frame and see how the fitting went for them. 

Hope that helps a little. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

Jimmi or KB Props are the only two I know of.  

As someone else ready pointed out, check here for details and availabiltiy: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43484-wtb-tfatlj-armor-who-is-current/

5 hours ago, springaling said:

Cheers

Hello Joey,

I recently built 2 sets of TK by TM (an ROTJ set I used as TK commander, and a ANH Hero set). They are no more difficult than other kits I have built like RS, MTK or ANOVOS I helped built for my Garrison members.

But one thing you might want to check is your body type, TM and RS are meant to duplicate the original screen used kit and can be “less forgiving” if you are not in that range (height / weight). I am about 178cm and 79kg, my TM armor shins just (just!) fits me.

But I heard they can make larger Shin parts upon request, make sure you check with them before hand (say, take some measurement first and ask if that’s going to fit). 

Edited by giskard8

AM and RT-Mod are well suited to larger/taller troopers, just like TM, RS and Anovos are best suited for smaller (thinner/leaner) troopers (especially Anovos in my experience).  AM shins can be tricky, but there's a very good tutorial on here as to how to get them right.  Your armor maker choice is really based on two things: your body type and budget.  I really don't know enough to comment about specifics of other armor makers, but others on here certainly do.  

I would agree that while they all have their quirks, they're basically all at the same level of difficulty in assembling.  Though I will say two piece (dome/back and face, plus ears) helmets are easier than three piece (dome, back, face, plus ears).  But again- that's my own experience and preference.  

You can get ATA, etc. to fit a larger person, but it takes work. I think the largest fellow to get in to ANH sized armor was 6'4" 240lbs on a TE kit.  He got it done, but an RT-Mod or AM would have looked better.

AP has the largest waist with new extended sides on AB/Kidney plates so you can trim down to fit your waist  perfectly without shimming and also offer fully trimmed kits very easy to put togheter since trimming is the most tedious process of the build, trimmed AP helmets assemble in minutes using 8 nuts and bolts like movie originals.

Mark (AP)

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2010 at 12:29 AM, Voltin said:

Thank you for posting this. I am putting together a Shadow Stormtrooper currently and someday a ANH Stormtrooper so this helps a bunch.

How did it turn out and what advice can You give a starting shadow trooper? 

What is te best place to find some decent black armor+bucket? 

Neil

20 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

Several of the makers in the list will do black armour on request. As you’re in Holland try the UK makers first. RWA does black, not sure about TM. RS probably don’t.

RS actually has a whole section of their page for the Shadow Trooper. 

On 10/12/2018 at 12:25 PM, Neil Schweig said:

I want to get me some black armor because there are not much shadow troopers in Holland. 

I will troop for good causes but I need some help towards a decent suit. 

I am serious about this. 

Thanks in advance! 

Neil

Here you go:

http://www.rspropmasters.com/shadow-trooper-all-props/

They also have a shadow trooper kit, but it's in the Stormie section for some reason, but here it is:

http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/shadowtrooper-armour-helmet-self-build-kit-options/

Okay, I think I've totally lost it now- I swore I saw a post referencing 850 Armor Works a couple of hours ago, but now I can't find it for the life of me.  Are they vetted?  Issues?  If so, what?  I've got a potential new FOTK guy asking.  They said only $500 for a kit, which seems suspiciously cheap, but maybe that's no helmet or something.  

Nevermind!  I tracked it down. :)

Edited by sharkbait

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Hey all,

Im brand new to the group and want to buy a complete commission Storm Trooper with everything because I don't have time to build myself.  I see good things about RS Prop Master, but wonder if anyone has any others in mind.  Im ready to buy.  Thanks. 

RS is a good choice. I think TM (Troopermaster) also take commission order may be you can shoot him a message here or on Facebook.

TM will cost more than a set of RS, but you won't be disappointed, this much is sure.

17 hours ago, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Hey all,

Im brand new to the group and want to buy a complete commission Storm Trooper with everything because I don't have time to build myself.  I see good things about RS Prop Master, but wonder if anyone has any others in mind.  Im ready to buy.  Thanks. 

RS is a great choice as it’s cast from an original suit.

TM @troopermaster also does commision builds and is also a great choice.

Mark (AP authentic props) @ABS80 is another great choice that does commission builds.

You can look at the Centurion applications to help you decide as they all state what maker their kit has:salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A note on FOTKs from KB Props- they seem to be back in the swing, had some kits and sent them out as promised.  A local prospect got his in about a week from payment (shocking, I know, I didn't believe it until I saw it). 

We've now seen two KB FO kits in person (a TK and a Phasma), and we came to the conclusion that it's far better to ask them for an untrimmed kit.  They default to trimmed, but their cut lines are bit sloppy and too close in areas; it could save a lot of headache later if you just get untrimmed and deal with the extra work yourself.  

Otherwise, I still think it's a solid kit, and hopefully they'll continue on a good path after their issues.  

• Like 2

I'm just about ready to get my kt kit.

I was wondering if anyone has recently ordered anything from AP?

I looked for their webpage but can't find anything.

The only thing I found was the email address authenticprops@hotmail.com.

Wasn't sure if this is only way to get A hold of them.

32 minutes ago, Arch99 said:

I'm just about ready to get my kt kit.

I was wondering if anyone has recently ordered anything from AP?

I looked for their webpage but can't find anything.

The only thing I found was the email address authenticprops@hotmail.com.

Wasn't sure if this is only way to get A hold of them.

AP is good stuff! Mark (his screenname here is @ABS80) has a current sale thread listed in the For Sale section here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45623-ap-trooper-kits-discount-offer/ Quite a few of us recently finished building AP kits, they are very good quality and you will not be disappointed if you go that route.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Arch99 said:

I'm getting my TK from AP so I'm good for the armor.

Can anyone give advise on good place to find the boots, neck seal, and the black undersuit?

Boots: TK Boots are always recommended, but they have a limited selection of sizes and no plans to produce more.

So the fall back is Imperial Boots which are really good boots too. They are currently taking orders until tomorrow (the 17th), they take orders and produce items in waves, so you'll usually get your boots within about a month.

Neck Seal: I used Darman's Props (very satisfied), but Geeky Pink's are also highly recommended (check them out in the Ongoing Sales section of this forum).

Black Undersuit: You can go a couple ways here, a one piece suit or two piece compression set (think UnderArmor). You just want to make sure it has no logos that are visible when you have the armor on over it. Your favorite sporting goods store or Amazon is your friend if you decide to go with a separate shirt/pants setup.

6 minutes ago, phil said:

what about these, hes original maker

https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/our-story-19-w.asp

No. Just no. You can read more on that story elsewhere on the forum if you want.

• Like 2