The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

My bad, brother.  I forgot about the silk/silk-like at level 3.

No problem. The only reason I’m even thinking about going ESB in the first place is just due to holster placement, being that I’m right handed and thought that would feel more natural. Then again, it would probably be better if mine was the same as the people I trooped with. Do you find that more people go ANH or ESB?

Most people go ANH.  You can look at this by seeing the Legion approved costumes by type.  ESB is up there, but the vast majority are ANH.

Most of it is personal preference, some is cost. It's a second helmet and hand plates, and holster at the least. I ended up getting a second belt too to make it easier to swap.

Personally I don't really holster my blaster anyway, so that was never an issue for me.  It's really what you want to create.  My favs in order were always ANH-Hero, then ESB, then ANH-Stunt, so the vast majority of my troops were ESB for instance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hydraken said:

No problem. The only reason I’m even thinking about going ESB in the first place is just due to holster placement, being that I’m right handed and thought that would feel more natural. Then again, it would probably be better if mine was the same as the people I trooped with. Do you find that more people go ANH or ESB?

Paul is right, there.  I think very few Troopers holster their weapons anyway.  The fact is, it can be almost impossible to do as it is danged near impossible to see it because of the limitations in visibility when wearing a helmet.

• Like 1

Had question about field packs for sandtrooper.

Does anyone know how much they tend to weigh?

This may wind up deciding if I'm a TD or a TK. 

Injured my shoulders so weighing backpacks or to much weight on shoulders kills me.

So I'm just trying to find out about the weight and if any sandtrooper out there have any issues with shoulders from wearing the pack?

When I do my HWT I tend to feel it after a couple of hours. Wearing the costume alone is a workout. Done up with pack and pauldron and BFG can wear you down. To look that good we have to pay a little price. Any Sandy's in your garrison? Maybe try one on if you can. 

For the record I'd guess mine weighs 10-15 pounds.

Honestly though - you should do a TK first and try the pack on as an HWT type.  If it's OK, then it's pretty easy to convert from a TK to a TD.

3 minutes ago, Arch99 said:

I seen a clone trooper it was sergeant sinker.

Is there a certain vender that makes the clone trooper armor?

I like the color scheme for it.

For clone troopers head to https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/

Got another question... how difficult is it to tailor the size of the suit after being built. I am 5’11” 228lbs. I ask because I was 300 6 months ago and am trying to get down to 185 or so. After I get to my goal weight would I have to buy another kit altogether?

If you use an E6000 glue you can disassemble most stuff easily, I need to do my thighs but haven't found time.  Also there's lots of adjustment in just changing the length of the elastics which is easy, so long as you don't glue them in but again most use snaps.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arch99 said:

I know this isn't the mepd board. But had a quick question can you be a level 1 sandtrooper without having to put on the field pack?

Yes.  You need a pauldron, shoulder pouch, and at least one pouch on the belt.  You don't need the backpack until level 2.

Oy, in my day the pack was required.  And there were no kits - you had to scrounge Goodwill for parts.  You young-ins have it too easy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

Oy, in my day the pack was required.  And there were no kits - you had to scrounge Goodwill for parts.  You young-ins have it too easy!

All the old guys have snapped up all the parts and now they are only available on ebay for $$$ :) 

3 hours ago, wook1138 said:

All the old guys have snapped up all the parts and now they are only available on ebay for $$$ :) 

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.  ;)

• Like 3

On 4/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, MightyTank said:

Just realized they put me as older AM kits, I'm still a contact for the new AM kits we're pulling emoji4.png . We've got a run that'll be ready in about a week.

Best,

TG

Troopergear@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So you work with the guy that makes the newest version AM kits? 

• 2 weeks later...

First I would like to thank all of the experienced people here putting in their 2 cents (sometimes 3).  After a couple of days of reading not this tread but others, I feel that I am ready to pick out a TK provider, however I would still like input on which would be good for to start off with.  I am 6'2" to 6'3" currently 260 lbs with a 40-42" waist depending on the day.  And yes I know I could use to drop a few pounds, retirement has been lazy for me, maybe with a pending suit on the way it will push my motivation in the right direction.  My goal is to do an ANH TK, at least to start off with but ultimately I would love to do a Sgt Kreel design.  I know just from rereading the comics I will only be able to reuse some of the pieces from the TK armor.  After all that how about some suggestions.  And again thank you

-Gatch

8 hours ago, Zam said:

Is RT-Mod still taking orders? I sent an email early last week but haven't gotten a reply. Maybe because of the long weekend? 

It's not unusual to wait for Rob to answer. His main job keeps him busy. But he's good at getting to everyone.

Eventually:)

1 hour ago, magni said:

It's not unusual to wait for Rob to answer. His main job keeps him busy. But he's good at getting to everyone.

Eventually:)

Cool. Thanks for the info :-)