The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

3 minutes ago, giskard8 said:

See if this helps, our demography from FEB Newsletter :) 

OwWbT1P.png&key=da047cd9a02d0f78fc698a28

Those are some surprising numbers, TFA numbers a lot lower than I thought it would be. Thinking ANH as the numbers at least show supply can be easy to get spares for, although really wish TFA armor was easier to find around here.

All things considered it's pretty good.  418 TFA/TLJ costumes approved considering

A, How expensive the kits are compared to OT

B. How hard these kits are to put together compared to OT - it's many times harder

C. How hard to find these kits are compared to OT

The fact that it's the #2 TK type is really impressive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stockish said:

Thinking ANH as the numbers at least show supply can be easy to get spares for, although really wish TFA armor was easier to find around here.

Essentially ANH-S and ESB are the same, apart from slight colour and painted detail differences (ESB has a slightly larger eyes cut out too), only the hand plates and the canvas belt are the parts that are not interchangeable. It really gets down to your personal preferences.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stockish said:

Thanks for the input, might go with RSPropmasters as they seem to have everything in a package and just minimal follow up work to complete. Now to pick ANH or ESB......

While wearing my ESB I did get asked a few times "hey why does that one have black teeth" so really depends on the look you want and if you want to stand out or merge with others ;)

Here is a spreadsheet comparison of OTTK's https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to link approvable 3D armor designs that I can print at home?

Are you looking for Original Trilogy stormtrooper? If so, 3D printed is not the best way to go.

If you want to 3D print, I’d consider characters from Rogue one and the newer movies as they can be accurately printed and finished. :-)

5 minutes ago, Dawezy008 said:

Is it possible to link approvable 3D armor designs that I can print at home?

We have a 3D printing section here.  Not sure if it is what you are looking for but probably worth a gander if you have not done so yet:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/201-3d-parts-and-technical/

• Like 1

Hi, new member here:)

I've been dreaming of having a stormtrooper armour and joining the 501. for years now, and at age 20 I feel like my body is finally done growing, thus it makes sense to start working on that armor. I've read through a lot of the pages on this forum during the last couple of days, so that I am at least somewhat informed about what I'm going for.

That being an ANH stunt, clearly the most classical choice.

I'll defininitely be looking towards centurion in the long run, but for this year I'll be perfectly happy with achieving Level 1 in late summer/fall.

Now I've been looking at the various armours from your most helpful  "vetted makers" list.

I think for me it's going to be though decision between ATA and (if I'm really willing to afford it) TM, or maybe RWA as compromise if he can beat the price of TM.

I'd like my armour to be really smooth and glossy, without any bumps or warts. Are there any differences regarding this aspect, between those 3 makers?

39 minutes ago, Yacorp said:

Hi, new member here:)

I've been dreaming of having a stormtrooper armour and joining the 501. for years now, and at age 20 I feel like my body is finally done growing, thus it makes sense to start working on that armor. I've read through a lot of the pages on this forum during the last couple of days, so that I am at least somewhat informed about what I'm going for.

That being an ANH stunt, clearly the most classical choice.

I'll defininitely be looking towards centurion in the long run, but for this year I'll be perfectly happy with achieving Level 1 in late summer/fall.

Now I've been looking at the various armours from your most helpful  "vetted makers" list.

I think for me it's going to be though decision between ATA and (if I'm really willing to afford it) TM, or maybe RWA as compromise if he can beat the price of TM.

I'd like my armour to be really smooth and glossy, without any bumps or warts. Are there any differences regarding this aspect, between those 3 makers?

Welcome to the FISD, Jakob!  Glad to hear that you have started your research, and know that we are here to help every step of the way, sir.  Aiming for Centurion is actually easier (and better) to do right from the start, as you may have to make modifications down the road.  When you eventually receive your kit, I highly suggest starting a build thread where you can ask all the questions you want to as well as add photos of your progress and any issues.  

Another suggestion while you wait is to copy your present post into the "New Member Introductions" thread located here.  With it posted in this thread you may not get many responses, so moving it there will definitely help.    Best of luck on your white armor journey, and keep us in the loop!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed RS Prop Masters mentioned in this thread. If this question has already been asked and answered please pardon me.  I’m about to jump head long into an ANH fully assembled commissioned armor set from RSPM and before I do want to know if there are any required fixes/adjustments/modifications before being approved by 501st.  Any other advice on RSPM, not as crafty and handy as I’d like to be so figured just purchasing one might save me a headache although I know they are pricey. 

V/R

Keith

11 hours ago, ka080911 said:

Noticed RS Prop Masters mentioned in this thread. If this question has already been asked and answered please pardon me.  I’m about to jump head long into an ANH fully assembled commissioned armor set from RSPM and before I do want to know if there are any required fixes/adjustments/modifications before being approved by 501st.  Any other advice on RSPM, not as crafty and handy as I’d like to be so figured just purchasing one might save me a headache although I know they are pricey. 

V/R

Keith

I have a RS commissioned TK ANH stunt armor set.

I was asked to give them a lot of body/limb measurements before they started building it. It fitted like a glove right out of the box for me.

A few minor adjustments were needed for EIB (level 2) status, like shorten the straps of the shoulder bells.  No need to cut into armor pieces itself.

For basic aproval the armor usually is good to go right out of the box.

It's almost May The fourth. .... they might have some nice discounts....

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 3:45 AM, Darthmarses said:

I have a RS commissioned TK ANH stunt armor set.

I was asked to give them a lot of body/limb measurements before they started building it. It fitted like a glove right out of the box for me.

A few minor adjustments were needed for EIB (level 2) status, like shorten the straps of the shoulder bells.  No need to cut into armor pieces itself.

For basic aproval the armor usually is good to go right out of the box.

It's almost May The fourth. .... they might have some nice discounts....

Darthmarses,

Thank you for the info.  I am being very methodical with this especially the purchase.  Have also watched A LOT of Youtube videos comparing the different vendors out there and all have backed up RS PM.  You've been a big help with your reply so thanks! 

Hi, so I was "this" close to buying stunt armor from TM and know that he is no longer recommended as a vetted maker now. Who would you say most closely resembles his work...so screen accurate but without the lumps, etc on the bucket? I'm a 5'7" female. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Maiyen said:

Who would you say most closely resembles his work...so sc

Hi and welcome to FISD.

If it were me I would get the armor from RS (they have a nice sale going on right now)

and the helmet from AP - good luck :salute:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Maiyen said:

Hi, so I was "this" close to buying stunt armor from TM and know that he is no longer recommended as a vetted maker now. Who would you say most closely resembles his work...so screen accurate but without the lumps, etc on the bucket? I'm a 5'7" female. Thanks.

Fortunately you have a lot of options given your height.  ATA, AP, etc. you can check with each to find out time (wait list) and cost.

EDIT: it also depends on where you are located, e.g. US vs. UK/EU and shipping/duties.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Maiyen said:

I live in the US, but am not opposed to buying from overseas if it's for a really good kit. I feel like I'm drawn to RS and AP now, but how accurate is AP's bucket compared to RS

RS armor will be more accurate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maiyen said:

I live in the US, but am not opposed to buying from overseas if it's for a really good kit. I feel like I'm drawn to RS and AP now, but how accurate is AP's bucket compared to RS

As Tony (ukswrath) mentioned, you really can't get any more screen accurate that RS.  It has those glorious lumps and bumps in the bucket and their customer service is second to none!    However, AP is also a fantastic choice.  All of the armorers listed in our "vetted sellers" area are there for a reason... tried and true products from quality sellers, so you can't go wrong.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Daniel, Paul, Tony & Joseph: thank you all for the advice and letting me know about the sale. I ordered a kit from RS :)

:jc_doublethumbup: glad to be of assistance

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Echo3_Skywalker said:

I am new to the 501st and this will be my first build, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on armor for a fairly tall (5’8) female?

Stephanie Felton Cadet #2025

Maybe tall for a female, but actually a good height for a stormtrooper! You should fit fine height wise into most all screen derived suits. Although, to narrow it down further, you'd have to weigh your other needs (fit, cost, accuracy, etc.). Good luck with this, and you're doing great already, asking questions and using the forums (nice!) so you will definitely be steered in the right direction here!