The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

11 minutes ago, phil said:

what about these, hes original maker

https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/our-story-19-w.asp

As Mathias has said, he may have made them but a lot of the claims and information on his site are just plain fabrication.  There's plenty on this subject if you search.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil said:

cheers all

is it possible to wear glasses when wearing stortrooper helmet ?

I cant wear contacts

I hope so, as I do it all the time :)

• Like 2

On 11/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, JE the Stormtrooper said:

Hey all,

Im brand new to the group and want to buy a complete commission Storm Trooper with everything because I don't have time to build myself.  I see good things about RS Prop Master, but wonder if anyone has any others in mind.  Im ready to buy.  Thanks. 

Find your local garrison, and find out of someone there builds tks.  Save some coin, get it properly fitted, and do some work on it yourself.  

can anyone info on h.i.p.s armour ?

been offered one it 2mm thick hips and anh spec

thanks

All H.I.P.S. is is High Impact PolyStyrene. It’ll work okay but at 2mm it won’t be as durable as ABS of even a slightly lighter grade. It’ll be super easy to trim though!

Jim
TK-50899

I'm one of the newbies, looking for advise, there is a certain glittery shed that has a good price(£320) on a 1.5mm abs ANH kit+helmet, i nnow a deal that seems to good to be true usually is so can any one give me feedback before C.O.B Monday when the "black friday" limited run offer ends???? 

2 hours ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

I'm one of the newbies, looking for advise, there is a certain glittery shed that has a good price(£320) on a 1.5mm abs ANH kit+helmet, i nnow a deal that seems to good to be true usually is so can any one give me feedback before C.O.B Monday when the "black friday" limited run offer ends???? 

Link?

2 hours ago, Jedimaster1971 said:

If you are referring to the Shed of Glittering Delights then their kit is good quality. Also known as DA props. While their aren’t a vetted seller the kit itself has good reviews as far as quality is concerned. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phil said:

link isn't working

That link is in the members only area I am afraid.

As for The shed/DA if you like them there is no reason to go with them.  Lots of happy troopers in that kit all over Europe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 12:32 PM, Gsaps said:
I know this is an eBay seller but they can’t all be bad can they, claims to be 501st approved

sellers name is stormtrooper7 ebay

Run as far away as you can from this one. The pictures are from various sources so you could get anything.

There are usually two things we recommend about buying armour;

1. avoid Ebay
2. Check the vetted sellers list. The vetted seller are listed for very good reasons.

Best wishes
Dan

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

There is no such thing as a 501st approved seller, and this is obviously a recast.  I like the line "No painting, cutting or sanding needed", yet it will "Fit someone 5'5"-6'2".  Seriously? lol.

I suggest avoiding this,  spending a bit more and going with one of the vetted sellers on page one of this thread as Dan recommended.

• Like 1

So I made this mistake. Bought armor that was trimmed but the problem is it was built for someone else. I had to do a lot of adjustments and even after that found it was not going to be approved unless I did a whole lot more to it. I paid $1200 for my first kit which included the helmet and everything. It was the older EFX helmet from 2001. Yea back then it was approved but not now. I ended up buying a whole new untrimmed kit and built it to my body. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Please please please do yourself and your wallet a favor and buy from someone who we all know. I got mine from RTmod. He builds them for bigger guys like me. Best of luck. 

• Like 3