The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

3 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Source for that?  I haven't heard this yet (but am not always up to date).

A future Trooper in my Squad just received his new AM armor, so I guess that means they are back in the saddle.  

23 minutes ago, Bananamocha said:

Hey I found a site called TKUK, are they trustworthy? They’re selling trimmed kits for about 700$ a pop!

Have a read here

• 1 month later...

FYI, I know we are light on FOTK vendors.  We should probably include even those "not quite approved", as otherwise it looks like Jimmi is the only maker non-ANOVOS.  Currently we count:

ANOVOS

Jimmi

KB

Backstage

FNArmor

Mimic

Are there others on the list we should include?

Hello all. Unfortunately I found this thread after placing my order with jedi-robe.com. Its being delivered in a couple days... Does anyone here have experience with returning kits to jedi-robe.com? I did use PayPal for the purchase so there might be some protection there. I understand if I have to eat the shipping both ways.

It's not all bad though. I have a set of untrimmed (mostly) AP armor I ordered a year ago but my confidence in my build abilities is so poor (got the bucket mostly done but freaked out while painting it and quit and screwed up one of the calves) that I decided to spend the money to have a ready made suit and felt confident in jedi-robe.com's quality after reading thier FAQ's (stupid of me I know). After much reading on this thread I am convinced that there is no salvaging the jedi-robe armor. I would like to become 501st approved and would rather not be a pariah in my local garrison because of this armor. 

Anyway, any experience with returns to jedi-robe.com would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the thread and help!

How did you go with jedi-robe in the end? I had my AP build approved last year. I know they are not the quickest (but far quicker than Anovos) but absolutely worth the wait. I compared my AP armour to a fellow 501st member who had just received his. I couldn’t believe how thin the Anovos armour was compared to AP. You could actually tie a bow with an Anovos off cut. No way you could do that with AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized they put me as older AM kits, I'm still a contact for the new AM kits we're pulling . We've got a run that'll be ready in about a week.

Best,

TG

Troopergear@gmail.com

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here's a further update on KB Props: He's partnered with another guy, Hal, who is taking over order fulfillment.  This is promising as there has been a sizable wait (and lack of communications) previously.  ABS is still the most requested as therefore carries the longest wait, but there are other options.  Check out KB Prop's Facebook page for more details.  Hal was nice to talk to and he's quick to respond.  

• Like 1

Hey again folks, been about 9 months since I last posted poking after some armor. It has been a ride.

I decided to buy my armor from Andy with DA Props, he was great to work with and got everything done in a timely and inexpensive manner. The reason it's been 9 months however largely came from the gentleman who was going to handle finishing the armor set for me, who I'll avoid naming or ranting about in excess as I'm not keen on that sort of shade throwing. To very briefly sum up it was delivered without issue but wasn't touched for several months with no updates and after prodding for info I was eventually told at about the 6 month point that he just flat out wasn't doing commissions any more including mine. Later I find out that my original armor set had been destroyed and another set had to be ordered. All in all ate up about 7 months total in lost time, unfortunate.

So putting all of that behind me, here's where I'm currently at: I've got a great set of unfinished 2mm ABS TK armor here and need someone to fix it up and put it all together for me because I'm not so good at it. Is there anyone who could do that here in the US? I'd originally budgeted about $700 for bringing it to completion including soft parts, strapping, fitting, etc. Centurion spec ideally, but I'm not all too hung up on it.

Thanks again, y'all were super helpful the first go around.

I have a feeling I know who you are speaking about.  (CA.?)   You didn't mention where you are located, but knowing that may help in finding someone.  Many (if not most) Garrisons/Squads have a "go-to" person who does commission builds.  What is the nearest large city to you?

18 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I have a feeling I know who you are speaking about.  (CA.?)   You didn't mention where you are located, but knowing that may help in finding someone.  Many (if not most) Garrisons/Squads have a "go-to" person who does commission builds.  What is the nearest large city to you?

Philly, Baltimore, DC, and NYC are all a hop and a skip away if that's any help. Shipping wouldn't be an issue though, given it all came from across the pond to begin with.

You should figure out exactly what Garrison you will be joining and sign up on their boards for local help.  You can also get in touch (via PM) with the following 2 Imperial Attaches, who can better assist you.

Anthony (Redforce)  Empire City Garrison (NY)-  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/profile/17506-redforce/

Preston  (Pretzel)  Garrison Carrida (PA.)-   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/profile/25864-pretzel/

6 hours ago, Arch99 said:

I'm wanting to build a sandtrooper, just not sure who is still currently 501st approved to build these kits?

There's no such thing as an approved builder, each suit is made bespoke for each trooper to fit that person.

If you mean maker of the kit? Then all of the vetted sellers, to my knowledge, are able to offer you a TD (Sandtrooper) kit instead of a TK (Stormtrooper).  Essentially they are the the same bar a small number of parts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

There's no such thing as an approved builder, each suit is made bespoke for each trooper to fit that person.

If you mean maker of the kit? Then all of the vetted sellers, to my knowledge, are able to offer you a TD (Sandtrooper) kit instead of a TK (Stormtrooper).  Essentially they are the the same bar a small number of parts.

That's what I ment to say was vetted sellers.

Is there any one TD sandtrooper seller that would be recommended .

I have heard that height can be an issue with builds I'm 6'2 so wasn't sure if there was a seller that was better for taller people.

Hey D.  RS is one of the best sets of armors out there.  Many people have gone with them.  Just contact all of the sellers.  I'm almost positive that they all provide the parts to go either TK or TD.  For my MTK for example, Mike provides parts for both builds and then you make the decision on which you would like to build.  You are on the higher side for height but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.  RT-Mod is a set of armor that is geared toward the taller trooper or you could contact troopermaster and get a set of his XL shins.

Does anyone here have experience on the newer version AM kits? I’m looking to go right to TK centurion level with my first build(hopefully). Also, the only difference between ANH stunt and ESB on centurion level is the placement of holster, holster straps and gloves?Any advice for this noob would be great! Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

Does anyone here have experience on the newer version AM kits? I’m looking to go right to TK centurion level with my first build(hopefully). Also, the only difference between ANH stunt and ESB on centurion level is the placement of holster, holster straps and gloves?Any advice for this noob would be great! Thanks!

The helmet has stickers on ESB and the frown is black. The E-11 is different as well. And by gloves, I am assuming you are referring to the hand plates.

My understanding is that AM's current kits are accurate enough to be approved up to Centurion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hydraken said:

GREAT to hear that you are aiming for Centurion, Kenny! AM modified their molds a few years back, and are definitely 100% approvable to Centurion (when built to specs, of course).  When you mention gloves, I think you mean hand guards, and if I remember correctly AM supplies both types with their kits.  You may want to check with them first, though:    troopersupplies@hotmail.com.  They are really good about getting back to you quickly as well.  I own a set of their armor, and even after years of countless troops it has held up fantastic (and believe me, it's been put through the wringer) with no problems.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2018 at 1:23 PM, starsaber25 said:

Hey D.  RS is one of the best sets of armors out there.  Many people have gone with them.  Just contact all of the sellers.  I'm almost positive that they all provide the parts to go either TK or TD.  For my MTK for example, Mike provides parts for both builds and then you make the decision on which you would like to build.  You are on the higher side for height but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.  RT-Mod is a set of armor that is geared toward the taller trooper or you could contact troopermaster and get a set of his XL shins.

Thanks for the info.

I was reading on the RS website they said they are 1st gen molds will that cause any issues.

When I build my TD I want to go straight to centurion level.

Will the kits RS make qualify for that level or will I need to get any different parts ?

Another newbie question.

I know with my height I will need a RT , and was looking around I seen that RS can pre build by taking your measurements and cutting and trim to fit and send to you complete.

Is it worth paying the extra money to have it built or better to try and build myself?

Still have not joined the garrison or talked with any of the members of the garrison wanting to join, so don't have any experience building a kit.

18 minutes ago, Arch99 said:

Thanks for the info.

I was reading on the RS website they said they are 1st gen molds will that cause any issues.

When I build my TD I want to go straight to centurion level.

Will the kits RS make qualify for that level or will I need to get any different parts ?

Hi D. 

1st generation is a good thing - they are one of the few makers that have an actual screen used set of armour, making it near enough an exact copy of those in the movies. If you take your time to build the kit to a high standard, Centurion can be achieved with this kit (if the Centurion guidelines are followed, of course).  

Just to confirm what others have said, reaching Centurion is more to do with the build and fitting of armour, not just the armour itself. Even though RS is one of the best armours around, it still has to be carefully built and fitted to the wearer to reach Centurion. Research and patience is the key to achieving a beautiful set of armour. :duim:

If you haven't already, perhaps take a look through some of the approved Centurion applications to see what steps are taken to reach the highest level. Also bear in mind that if you go the TD (sandtrooper) route, Centurion would not apply. You would be aiming for the sandie level 2 and 3 which are called PO (Police Officer) and SWAT. Check out the MEPD forum for full specs and requirements for sandtrooper L2 and L3. http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?act=idx

Best wishes,

Dan

Edited by CableGuy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

GREAT to hear that you are aiming for Centurion, Kenny! AM modified their molds a few years back, and are definitely 100% approvable to Centurion (when built to specs, of course).  When you mention gloves, I think you mean hand guards, and if I remember correctly AM supplies both types with their kits.  You may want to check with them first, though:    troopersupplies@hotmail.com.  They are really good about getting back to you quickly as well.  I own a set of their armor, and even after years of countless troops it has held up fantastic (and believe me, it's been put through the wringer) with no problems.

Ok, I thought the gloves for ESB according to the CRL were silk or something like that