The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Hello imperial Brothers,

I have a question and i don't know if anyone has the experience to give an experienced one, i am thinking on a PVC type plastic armor instead of ABS, can i get some advice on which i should go for.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Imperial greetings from Portugal

3 minutes ago, Mino said:

Hello imperial Brothers,

I have a question and i don't know if anyone has the experience to give an experienced one, i am thinking on a PVC type plastic armor instead of ABS, can i get some advice on which i should go for.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Imperial greetings from Portugal

RS Props makes a PVC armour if you ask for it.

ABS as Mathias says.  HIPS can be pretty nice though, more forgiving to cut and put together, usually is cheaper.  Downsides is you have to paint it, and it some parts along the thighs don't hold up as well over time.  That said, when it wears out, just touch up and repaint.   But I'm guessing 95%+ of armor out there is ABS, and there are reasons for it.

41 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

ABS as Mathias says.  HIPS can be pretty nice though, more forgiving to cut and put together, usually is cheaper.  Downsides is you have to paint it, and it some parts along the thighs don't hold up as well over time.  That said, when it wears out, just touch up and repaint.   But I'm guessing 95%+ of armor out there is ABS, and there are reasons for it.

Thanks, i think i will go for the ABS then.

• 3 weeks later...

For informational purposes, if someone is interested in Anovos wait times, they are currently having quality issues (as of the time of this post) for TK kits.  I placed an order in May that was scheduled to ship a few days ago and it did not.  I have found folks on the forums still waiting for Anovos TK armor that was ordered as far back as August 2016.  I have since cancelled my order with them as they don't seem to have any idea when product will be available.

Hi, this information is very very helpful. Thank you. I had no idea how much there was to consider. Unfirtunately I have no confidence when it comes to practical things so assembling for me is best life to an expert. I'm going to enquire at RS Props about how much they charge to deliver ready to wear armour. Thanks again. Great forum. J.

Hi, this information is very very helpful. Thank you. I had no idea how much there was to consider. Unfirtunately I have no confidence when it comes to practical things so assembling for me is best life to an expert. I'm going to enquire at RS Props about how much they charge to deliver ready to wear armour. Thanks again. Great forum. J.

None of us were experts when we started. get in contact with your local garrison and go to an armor party before you spend your money. It may give you the confidence you need to have a go! Best of luck and we hope to see you trooping soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi thank you, yes I will . I've taken the plunge though and ordered from RS Props. Im now looking into a voice changer with preferably a static burst facility although I've read if you blow into the mic it gives off this sound. Lots to learn. Thank you for the reply. J.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, armybarbies said:

I am looking to start building my armor by buying a helmet. Is eFX a 501st approved helmet? and if not out of the box, can it be made to be?

You will find that the eFX helmet is huge in comparison to a lot of other helmets available, there are more screen accurate and cheaper options out there, I suggest a little more research ;) .

I do not know how long you want to wait but I am building one and will have it for sale when I am done. It will be 501st aprovable. I could not give you a time frame as of now. 

7 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You will find that the eFX helmet is huge in comparison to a lot of other helmets available, there are more screen accurate and cheaper options out there, I suggest a little more research ;) .

I have a larger head and am planning to mod the inside so the size isn't that much of a concern to me. I've been researching for about 8 months now and I'm wanting to do it within the next 2 weeks. If I have to mod to make 501st approvable I would be ok with that, I'm just wondering if it's approvable or what will need to be done to make it approvable.

I have a larger head and am planning to mod the inside so the size isn't that much of a concern to me. I've been researching for about 8 months now and I'm wanting to do it within the next 2 weeks. If I have to mod to make 501st approvable I would be ok with that, I'm just wondering if it's approvable or what will need to be done to make it approvable.

AM and RT Mod were meant for larger frames (and noggins) and are proportionate to the armor when assembled. The eFX is a nice show piece but you probably don’t want to troop with it or cut into it just to make it approvable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys!

First off THANK YOU for the info here, it certainly helped me make some better informed choices.

I have now purchased a Sandtrooper commission from RS Propmasters and cannot wait to get my hands on it.

My concern is that I have also ordered the E-11 blaster and DLT-19 heavy blaster to go with it, and being Australia, we are pretty uptight about importing even replica firearms into the country.

I am curious to know if anyone else has had an issue with this? The order is still 8 weeks away, but I assume I may need to contact Customs and inform them, and hope that they do not confiscate part of my order!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Does anyone know which makers here would match ANOVOS in terms of color (different shades of white among each it seems), if we need to mix n’ match? Anovos does not provide replacement parts as many of you well know.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:27 AM, jordanewcastle said:

. . . . My concern is that I have also ordered the E-11 blaster and DLT-19 heavy blaster to go with it, and being Australia, we are pretty uptight about importing even replica firearms into the country.

I am curious to know if anyone else has had an issue with this? The order is still 8 weeks away, but I assume I may need to contact Customs and inform them, and hope that they do not confiscate part of my order!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

I'm not an expert with importation of prop weapons.  But, if your vendor of choice can ship the props unassembled, .e.g. sometimes, depending on design, the BFG can come in 2 or 3 separate parts, it may be less wait time.  Same for the smaller prop guns; some parts unattached.

From my own experience, I had very little issues getting a DC-15X (came in two parts) and a DC-15s blaster (completely assembled) into the US from Denmark, like zero wait time in customs.

New to the site, I am BH18404 Boba Fett 501st. Midsouth Garrison.

I am starting a Scout Trooper in a few weeks, and need help locating armor, jumpsuit, soft parts, weapons, and of course helmet. I have spoke to a lot of troopers and they said this is the place to be. Any leads or contact will be appreciated.

Have a good day

BH18404

On 10/30/2017 at 11:23 PM, BH18404 said:

New to the site, I am BH18404 Boba Fett 501st. Midsouth Garrison.

I am starting a Scout Trooper in a few weeks, and need help locating armor, jumpsuit, soft parts, weapons, and of course helmet. I have spoke to a lot of troopers and they said this is the place to be. Any leads or contact will be appreciated.

Have a good day

BH18404

Hi Richard and welcome to the FISD!  Boba Fett is one of the coolest costumes we can do in the legion.  Maybe one day I will try and conquer it.  Anyway, if you are interested in doing a Biker Scout then the detachment you want to head to is Pathfinders------------

However, if you would like to stay and party with us TKs then you are more then welcome to.  We can give you any information you are looking for.  Have fun!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hello all. Unfortunately I found this thread after placing my order with jedi-robe.com. Its being delivered in a couple days... Does anyone here have experience with returning kits to jedi-robe.com? I did use PayPal for the purchase so there might be some protection there. I understand if I have to eat the shipping both ways.

It's not all bad though. I have a set of untrimmed (mostly) AP armor I ordered a year ago but my confidence in my build abilities is so poor (got the bucket mostly done but freaked out while painting it and quit and screwed up one of the calves) that I decided to spend the money to have a ready made suit and felt confident in jedi-robe.com's quality after reading thier FAQ's (stupid of me I know). After much reading on this thread I am convinced that there is no salvaging the jedi-robe armor. I would like to become 501st approved and would rather not be a pariah in my local garrison because of this armor. 

Anyway, any experience with returns to jedi-robe.com would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the thread and help!

2 hours ago, joshole2000 said:

Hello all. Unfortunately I found this thread after placing my order with jedi-robe.com. Its being delivered in a couple days... Does anyone here have experience with returning kits to jedi-robe.com? I did use PayPal for the purchase so there might be some protection there. I understand if I have to eat the shipping both ways.

It's not all bad though. I have a set of untrimmed (mostly) AP armor I ordered a year ago but my confidence in my build abilities is so poor (got the bucket mostly done but freaked out while painting it and quit and screwed up one of the calves) that I decided to spend the money to have a ready made suit and felt confident in jedi-robe.com's quality after reading thier FAQ's (stupid of me I know). After much reading on this thread I am convinced that there is no salvaging the jedi-robe armor. I would like to become 501st approved and would rather not be a pariah in my local garrison because of this armor. 

Anyway, any experience with returns to jedi-robe.com would be appreciated. 

Thanks for the thread and help!

Hi, Josh. I do not have any personal experience although I did go on their site and found this. Hope this helps. good luck

Right to cancel

Cancellations will be accepted by EMAIL up to 7-days after the date of placing an order and a full refund will be made to the purchaser.
If you have changed your mind about purchasing a Stormtrooper Armour Costume after the 7-day cancellation period has expired – you should inform us by EMAIL. Do not sign for the delivery and it will be returned to us. When we receive the returned package we will process your refund.