The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

ive been reading the boards since 2009 and am finally getting my butt in gear to hopefully get it into some gear. I've purchased an Anovos stunt helmet, but I'm looking at the AM armor because of my height and weight. 6'4 and 235lbs looking forward to the research part , ordering and hands on customizing to become one of the best stormtroopers ever! looking forward to trooping!

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts on adding TFA TK to the vetted list?  Forgive me if this has already been asked, but reading through 53 pages in the morning...not enough coffee to get this done!  I'm thinking there are three...Anovos, Jimmi and KBP.  I'm writing this, as I am considering a TFO build and am starting my research from scratch.  Having this list would be helpful.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by Sgt. Bilko

We don't have enough info on KBP actually and there is not a long enough track record. We don't list commercial vendors like ANOVOS either. WRT to Jimmi, I think we'd need to make a separate thread about it, to get some Q&A from folks as right now I don't have enough first hand info.

Doh! Actually we do (thanks Mathias!). I'll create a separate page for non-OT armor today.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well Mike, AM is a nice set of armor that would certainly fit you. However, you would probably be able to also look into AP and MTK as well. AP and MTK have larger torsos to be more accommodating as well as AM. Your height is perfect to be a stormtrooper. So you could look into AM, AP, and MTK.

Well Mike, AM is a nice set of armor that would certainly fit you. However, you would probably be able to also look into AP and MTK as well. AP and MTK have larger torsos to be more accommodating as well as AM. Your height is perfect to be a stormtrooper. So you could look into AM, AP, and MTK.

Thanks. Didn't see any contact info for MTK...

Thanks. Didn't see any contact info for MTK...

It is up to the maker to define what contact info we put there. So far he has not wanted it added IIRC.

Hi where is DA props formally BFA. Great kit great price , i reached Centurion and more troopers have with no real problems. In my opinion deserves to be on this list.

Hi where is DA props formally BFA. Great kit great price , i reached Centurion and more troopers have with no real problems. In my opinion deserves to be on this list.

Andy would need to go through the approval process, which he's not obliged to do.  I know he's going on holiday this week, but once he's back I can approach him and see if this is something he would be interested in.

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, new here.

I know all of you have discussed this to death and I know the information is buried out there already, but I'm asking anyhow as I (and I'm sure anyone else new here as well) don't have time to sift through years of content and learn via osmosis. Anyway - I'm going to ask the impossible.

I'm looking to pick up a set of ANH TK armor, bucket and all.  And yes, I know this is going to be a "cheap, quality, easy; pick two" situation. SO:

Budget of around a grand.

Looking for a complete set as I've got no experience with kit builds. Minor adjustments are a-ok.

Screen accuracy isn't super important - not going for centurion anytime soon if ever, but obviously the more the better.

Now I'm not hopeless enough to ask which one is THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOREVER, but I would like to know what my options are.

The $600 Rubies Supreme ebay special is looking really tempting, and I know y'all hate that. Please help me not get one.

In the meantime I've pinged DA Props as recommended above, though something tells me they may not be a good fit for my parameters.

2 hours ago, Kjaskaar said:

Hey folks, new here.

I know all of you have discussed this to death and I know the information is buried out there already, but I'm asking anyhow as I (and I'm sure anyone else new here as well) don't have time to sift through years of content and learn via osmosis. Anyway - I'm going to ask the impossible.

I'm looking to pick up a set of ANH TK armor, bucket and all.  And yes, I know this is going to be a "cheap, quality, easy; pick two" situation. SO:

Budget of around a grand.

Looking for a complete set as I've got no experience with kit builds. Minor adjustments are a-ok.

Screen accuracy isn't super important - not going for centurion anytime soon if ever, but obviously the more the better.

Now I'm not hopeless enough to ask which one is THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOREVER, but I would like to know what my options are.

The $600 Rubies Supreme ebay special is looking really tempting, and I know y'all hate that. Please help me not get one.

In the meantime I've pinged DA Props as recommended above, though something tells me they may not be a good fit for my parameters.

Hi Kjaskaar and welcome to FISD!  So after reading your post I have one question to ask.  Are you hoping to join the 501st or are you just looking for a costume to wear around the neighborhood?  If you are looking to join the 501st then you need to stay away from the rubies armor.  Major work would need to be done to it to have it 501st approvable.  You will end up spending WAY more for a Rubies to have it 501st approved then you would to have most any other set of armor.  I know this forum may seem overwhelming to a new comer but trust me when I say that research is key when it comes to purchasing armor.  As  you said your budget is going to be around $1000.  You wouldn't want to flush that grand down a toilet would you?  If anything I highly recommend you read through all 44 pages of this thread paying close attention to the first post (which is updated constantly).  There is so much helpful information contained in these 44 pages that you would be able to make a reasonable purchase soon after. 

My last question for you is where are you located?  DA Props AKA BFA AKA The Shed of Glittering Delights is based in the UK.  If you are in the UK then you have that option along with RS Props, Troopermaster, and RWA.  They are all top of the line choices and I know that RS and Troopermaster offer sets built completely.  If you are based in the US you can look at them as well as some of the others listed such as ATA, WTF, MTK, AP, Anovos, etc.  If you are interested head over to the New Member area and tell us a little more about yourself.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

Hi Kjaskaar and welcome to FISD!  So after reading your post I have one question to ask.  Are you hoping to join the 501st or are you just looking for a costume to wear around the neighborhood?  If you are looking to join the 501st then you need to stay away from the rubies armor.  Major work would need to be done to it to have it 501st approvable.  You will end up spending WAY more for a Rubies to have it 501st approved then you would to have most any other set of armor.  I know this forum may seem overwhelming to a new comer but trust me when I say that research is key when it comes to purchasing armor.  As  you said your budget is going to be around $1000.  You wouldn't want to flush that grand down a toilet would you?  If anything I highly recommend you read through all 44 pages of this thread paying close attention to the first post (which is updated constantly).  There is so much helpful information contained in these 44 pages that you would be able to make a reasonable purchase soon after. 

My last question for you is where are you located?  DA Props AKA BFA AKA The Shed of Glittering Delights is based in the UK.  If you are in the UK then you have that option along with RS Props, Troopermaster, and RWA.  They are all top of the line choices and I know that RS and Troopermaster offer sets built completely.  If you are based in the US you can look at them as well as some of the others listed such as ATA, WTF, MTK, AP, Anovos, etc.  If you are interested head over to the New Member area and tell us a little more about yourself.   

Certainly, so at the current moment I'm mostly looking for something to just wear around, but I do like the idea of future proofing if I found the time to dedicate to 501st. Basically, rubies is a bad idea for me. 

From what I'm seeing there's no way of making a full set happen on my budget and I'll be stuck with a kit, a shame as I've already dropped about two grand on my E11 build. Does that sound about right? Its hard to check pricing without getting a quote from each maker.

From what I'm seeing, an anovos kit looks like my best bet. Perhaps someone else has something better but they've got a better web presence anyway. I'm hesitant to build it myself but hey, if that's what it takes. 

For reference, I'm 5'11 and about 160lbs, perfect for a trooper. Currently in the US as well, so UK options may be limited.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much in the same boat with Kjaskaar. I am searching for my first Stormtrooper armor + helmet with full assembly. My friend is having his 30th birthday later this year and the theme will be all kinds of sci-fi / fantasy / superheroes. I have no intention on being 501st-approved. Just looking for an easy way to get the full package.

I checked out the Anovos site but they only had kits for $650. I don't really understand why the price jumps to $1800 with the pre-assembly? Is the building really that much work?

EDIT: Oh... and I reside in Finland. Height: 183 cm / 6'0 and weight: 100 kg / 220 lbs.

Edited by bromeo

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎29 at 3:26 PM, bromeo said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat with Kjaskaar. I am searching for my first Stormtrooper armor + helmet with full assembly. My friend is having his 30th birthday later this year and the theme will be all kinds of sci-fi / fantasy / superheroes. I have no intention on being 501st-approved. Just looking for an easy way to get the full package.

I checked out the Anovos site but they only had kits for $650. I don't really understand why the price jumps to $1800 with the pre-assembly? Is the building really that much work?

EDIT: Oh... and I reside in Finland. Height: 183 cm / 6'0 and weight: 100 kg / 220 lbs.

Well it is and it isn't, you got to figure the company has to pay someone to build it. I don't know about you, it still takes a considerable amount of time to build armor even for veterans.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Marz87 said:

Easy one for you troopers, why "tk"??

I don't think there has ever been a 100% accurate answer, I always thought is was Trooper Korps, or Trooper Knight.

An interesting thread on the matter here