The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

• 3 weeks later...

So this may be a stupid question or may be in the wrong place, but is there a market for old FX kits? I know the helmet is bad, but what about the rest of it? I have a partially assembled kit I want to offload from about 10 years ago and I've gotten responses varying from "Complete garbage" to "Totally workable"

Well, for now you can get them I think.  There really is no one making them, so I think the only source is suits people are getting rid of.  They are still 501st acceptable, but may no longer be for new applicants by end of year. 

IOW, if you are going to offload it, this year is good.  If they get accepted, then they are grandfathered until they retire.  So, may as well sell it while you can.

And, FWIW, you can still go EI with FX.  So not sure who is telling you they are garbage, but clearly they are not fully informed.

And, FWIW, you can still go EI with FX.  So not sure who is telling you they are garbage, but clearly they are not fully informed.

To be fair, the shoulder piece was glued to the back plate as well as the front piece. That may be why they said it was garbage. I originally posted a FS on the Legion boards, but I thought I might get more interest here.

Thanks for the info!!

Hi Michelle and welcome to FISD!  If you do a search on SDS you will find a lot of info on the forum.  The short answer is stay clear of him.  He has made many false claims and twists it into what he knows people want to hear.  I would recommend you read through this post thoroughly as well as many of the other getting started threads.  Have fun!

Here is a good link:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29241-is-originalstormtroopercom-good-quality-for-its-price/

• Like 3

Hi Michelle,

Depending where you live we might be able to help guide you better. If you fill out your location in your profile and do an introduction post we'll make sure you get some good advice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Just getting started here. Have spent a few hours reading posts and getting ideas but not quite sure where to start. Thinking I should start with a complete ensemble for my first build(so I don't mess it up) and then go to a kit afterwards(hoping to eventually make a stormtrooper commander) so I can kind of learn from the first. Was looking at Anovos, and then possibly considering the other recommendations at the beginning of the thread. My issue is I'm 6'4" 195lbs. So not sure where to go for height. Any advice is appreciated

I'm also very tall so had the same struggle. For me Troopermaster fits Like a glove and with his extra long shins you fit in with any inspection by the dark lord.

92a27bb58060e6dbad0aa8e920cdd62a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Okay so I have a noob question. I am 5'9" and weigh 250 lbs. Is there a kit that will work with a overweight trooper?

AM, RT or TM. See the first post for contact info.

Jim M

TK-50899

Thanks. I'm narrowed down, I think, to RS (since they say built to size), TM, and AnoVos. Any thoughts?

RS armor is a first gen reproduction of screen used armor. It can be made to fit but is really best suited to folks with the same build as the original screen actors (see first post). Taller / stouter troopers should consider AM, RT or TM.

Jim M.

TK 50899

Edited by MoSc0ut

They are both great armors. It comes down to which you prefer at this point. Thicker armor will tend to have slightly softer details, but with these two makers the differences will be barley noticeable. You really can't go wrong with the vetted vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I see that this post is a few years old. I looked at the AM 2.0 armor from Trooper Gear last year after reading this post. I contacted the seller and he informed me of the cost. I recently received the green light to order my first set of TK armor and wanted to know if Trooper Gear was still on the 501st "good guy" list?

Absolutely.  I have one of his sets and it is approvable all the way to Centurion status, which I hope you will be aiming for!

• Like 1