The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Straightening the back straps if SOP for taller troopers on almost any armor.

But AM 2.0 and RT-Mod are definitely the two I would keep in mind, as a larger trooper.

FWIW, I'm 6'3" and #220, and I troop in Anovos.  But certain things would have been easier with armor built specifically with larger sizes in mind.

I think the anovos set was very decent for the price that i was able to get in on at their first tier pricing. But wish it would fit a little better , the cod rides up a little high on me and can be uncomfortable as you imagine lol. A man from my squad who is about the same height as myself has an AM kit and fits him well and looks really good, so when I decide to replace this set I'll look into that or the RT-Mod they seem to be the best bet for taller guys , I'm not a huge expert on the armor types and their characteristics tbh. 

From what I have put together, the AM V.2 chest and possibly back armor would be good for modifying into a Rogue One trooper. Especially in the shoulder areas where the sculpt curves away from the shoulder straps, versus almost cutting straight into it.

Picture from another thread. See how it has that elongated look? The R1 trooper has that.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/bro117/TK%20Armor%20Build/Bro%20AM%202%200/tk_zpsfb4rccjq.jpg

With the Shoulder straps the only mod to this armor is making new straps that are R1 based, and adding the insert slots into the shoulder areas. Same goes for back armor. Some mods and slot inserts and it'll be R1 armor, especially since the AM V.2. chest armor is pretty symmetrical.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

There is a member selling a Sandtrooper outfit online here at the moment, trying to get in touch with him on it but no response yet. Thinking getting from here direct is a good option and save time and problems but i have been looking and there is so many options and variations out there, hard to keep up.

Would be good to find a kit no one goes for or hasn't tried yet?

There is a member selling a Sandtrooper outfit online here at the moment, trying to get in touch with him on it but no response yet. Thinking getting from here direct is a good option and save time and problems but i have been looking and there is so many options and variations out there, hard to keep up.

Would be good to find a kit no one goes for or hasn't tried yet?

It's always a risk and varies from case to case. Do you have a link to the kit, you're thinking of?

But I think you will rather be succesfull to contact the member via the MEPD, since this would be the sandtrooper detachment :)

Before you buy, ask what glue was used. If it's E-6000 you're good to go. You can freeze it to open it up again. (And you'll have to open it up, unless you two are clones or twins!)

Edited by Ripper_L
  • Like 1

Is fiberglass armor any good?

Not if you want to apply to be in the FISD as a TK. The screen used armor was vacuum formed, so only vacuum formed armor is approvable.

Jim - TK50899

Hello! I have an old FX armor that doesn't fit and this thread has answered A LOT of questions for me. Thank you for the great post! I am 5'9", 233 lbs and I am looking for a new suit to fit correctly without doing the shimming. This post was started in 2010 and I was wondering if the AM (or others) armor is still available? Any help would be great and I apologize if I missed this answer in this thread. I've read through it and will continue my research throughout this site. This is a GREAT forum.<br><br>

Thanks,<br>

TK267 (Youngjedi)

Hello! I have an old FX armor that doesn't fit and this thread has answered A LOT of questions for me. Thank you for the great post! I am 5'9", 233 lbs and I am looking for a new suit to fit correctly without doing the shimming. This post was started in 2010 and I was wondering if the AM (or others) armor is still available? Any help would be great and I apologize if I missed this answer in this thread. I've read through it and will continue my research throughout this site. This is a GREAT forum.<br><br>

Thanks,<br>

TK267 (Youngjedi)

AM2 and RT-Mod are still around, and would work very well for you, probably.  The first post, even though it dates back to 2010, remains constantly updated.

Maybe whoever updates it should put a big text block up at the top that says "Current as of XXX date"...

• 1 month later...

FWIW, we only post maker's contact information that they provide and want us to post, which is why some have email addresses and some not.

On 11/23/2011 at 11:01 PM, Mogwai said:

Thanks a lot for the Informations. I did a lot of research and I don´t know, why it took me so long, to find this Board! ---------

It helped me a lot and I could find a lot of Informations about all the different Armors.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I just got an Email From the supplier of AM armor.  It's up to 4.0 and looks great.   I will do a few measurements (calves and for arms) and check it out.   Looks like that is the one for me.

TK267 (Youngjedi)

Who did you hear from?  Some of our members have been trying to reach them at the troopergear@gmail.com address with no response.  I can't find it but I thought someone had mentioned something about them being tied to "tkarmor" (not the tkarmour with a "u")... hotmail address or something?  

Anyone with insight please share, thanks!!

Terry-- I haven't corresponded with him for maybe two weeks or so, but I just got my armor from him last month and that's the address I used. He always responded in a day or so.<br><br>

A.J.

• Like 1

I'm Tony from Venice, I' do the request to join into the 501, but I see that my old stormtrooper armour(maybe 15/20 years) is not a good replica, I bought this used 10 years ago, not for join in the 501,looking the leg probably stormtrooper-costume, or something similar, now I'm looking to buy something new, and Troopermaster is my choice, I'm torn between the abs from 1.5 to 2 mm acrylic caped abs, I want to use for trupping and showing, they are beautiful and shiny both as a finish, but I have no idea which is the best for me, I accept tips to you before order it, I' m 6'2" tall and 202 weight

I'm Tony from Venice, I' do the request to join into the 501, but I see that my old stormtrooper armour(maybe 15/20 years) is not a good replica, I bought this used 10 years ago, not for join in the 501,looking the leg probably stormtrooper-costume, or something similar, now I'm looking to buy something new, and Troopermaster is my choice, I'm torn between the abs from 1.5 to 2 mm acrylic caped abs, I want to use for trupping and showing, they are beautiful and shiny both as a finish, but I have no idea which is the best for me, I accept tips to you before order it, I' m 6'2" tall and 202 weight

Hi

The original suits were made from 1.5 mm ABS, but 2 mm is a bit glossier (unless TM has acrylic capped 1.5 mm too now) and the more popular choice I believe. The 1.5 mm is slightly easier to build however, since the plastic is thinner it's easier to trim and cut.

At your height you might want to ask TM for his extra long shins. 

Troopermaster tell me the difference of abs or acrylic, but I don't know the best to use, abs is flexible, acrylic maybe hard....but what's the best to use during 501 trupping

Troopermaster tell me the difference of abs or acrylic, but I don't know the best to use, abs is flexible, acrylic maybe hard....but what's the best to use during 501 trupping

Most suits are ABS.  It's easiest to work with.  That would be my choice, personally.

TM makes some nice armor. :)

The whole armor is not made of acrylic, it is still mostly ABS, with a thin coat of acrylic to make it glossy. It's still pretty flexible.