The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Hey Whitearmor! 

I am a newbie, however have done my homework (the good and the bad, aka ebay) and have decided to go with a "Full Commission" ABS from RS Prop Masters. With that said before I order, any reason why not to go with RS? I know the cost is pricey but for 100% everything i felt that it was the best way to go. 

Hey Whitearmor! 

I am a newbie, however have done my homework (the good and the bad, aka ebay) and have decided to go with a "Full Commission" ABS from RS Prop Masters. With that said before I order, any reason why not to go with RS? I know the cost is pricey but for 100% everything i felt that it was the best way to go. 

No reason not to go with them. Just be patient with emails, since their customer support is a little slow at times.

I hate to pester anyone or be inconvenience but I am wondering if anyone has any experience or is there a rating for a middle ground source from the list. I am looking for the best quality for the money for a Kit. Does not have to be the cheapest but best quality for the money sort of thing. I am figure to start there. Any review advice on this?? I figure the cheapest would mean you get what you pay for unless you can assure you know the quality is good. I have not see any reviews or such from the provided list or I over looked it. 

Edited by Knox

First, you are not pestering or being an inconvenience, Christopher... it's what we are here for!  All of the sellers on the vetted list supply quality armor, and the prices can reflect differences in the way they are sold, i.e. trimmed or untrimmed, various included accessories, helmets built or not built, etc.  You will be happy with anyone that you choose, but some can take a longer time to get to you, (as much as 11 months), and some you can have in a few weeks/months, depending on supply and demand, (which is high right now because of TFA).

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

All of the sellers on the vetted list supply quality armor, Christopher, and the prices can reflect differences in the way they are sold, i.e. trimmed or untrimmed, various included accessories, helmets built or not built, etc.  You will be happy with anyone that you choose, but some can take a longer time to get to you, (as much as 11 months), and some you can have in a few weeks/months, depending on supply and demand, (which is high right now because of TFA).

• Like 1

Hi guys.  New to the forum and going after my first build.  The vetted list in the first post on this thread is great.  But, I'm noticing it's also going on 6 years old.  I can't even find a few of those that are listed.  Is there anyway for someone with knowledge to make an updated list?  (as an aside, I'm 5'6" and considering an ANOVOS kit. But, it says the shortest it will fit is 5'8".  Anyone know if it's easily modded to fit my size).

Thanks - everyone has been great here so far!

Hi guys.  New to the forum and going after my first build.  The vetted list in the first post on this thread is great.  But, I'm noticing it's also going on 6 years old.  I can't even find a few of those that are listed.  Is there anyway for someone with knowledge to make an updated list?  (as an aside, I'm 5'6" and considering an ANOVOS kit. But, it says the shortest it will fit is 5'8".  Anyone know if it's easily modded to fit my size).

Thanks - everyone has been great here so far!

Hi Nick.  The first post is up to date.  The only one that is not in business anymore is TE2 and you do not want to get a FX kit.  So any of the other armor makers are available and ready.  You will be able to go with any kit at 5'6".  You may have to make some extra mods to them all but it won't be too difficult.

Hi Nick, the original post on this list is always kept up to date. A lot of the vendors don't have webpages so that may be why you can't find anything about them.<br>

If you want to see photos of their kits, check out some of the build threads and EIB/Centurion applications.<br>

Cheers,<br>

Scott

Anovos have only just started releasing their kits, and so far, none have been approved for the 501st. While the kit looks ok, and it probably won't be long until some are approved, the sellers on the list here have proved reliability and quality product over a long period of time.<br>

The other point to note is that Anovos aren't currently taking orders for kits and it is unknown what price point they will come back at.

Edited by Scotty33

TK 10149 was just approved today with his first kit, and his Facebook profile picture is wearing an Anovos bucket.  My intuition says he's the first approved Anovos kit.

• Like 2

TK 10149 was just approved today with his first kit, and his Facebook profile picture is wearing an Anovos bucket.  My intuition says he's the first approved Anovos kit.

That's awesome!  Do you have a link so we can take a look?

There are also good vendors who are not on the list on the first post. 

CAP-W. Sells kits in HIPS. Requires painting, but is easier to cut and assemble compared to ABS. 

https://www.facebook.com/Scootchs-Custom-Fab-Shop-213924908786578/?fref=ts

WTF, Walt's Trooper Factory. ABS plastic. Heard a lot of good things about them, and I've seen a few EIB and a Centurion WTF. He also sells in shiny black and red!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/612005498911674/

MTK armor is done by the guy running Trooperbay I think. You could probably contact him through that site for more info on that. ABS, and very similar to ATA's kit.

• Like 4

There are also good vendors who are not on the list on the first post. 

MTK armor is done by the guy running Trooperbay I think. You could probably contact him through that site for more info on that. ABS, and very similar to ATA's kit.

The contact for MTK is  mtk_armor@cox.net  or you can get in contact with MTK by PMing TK-4510 here on FISD.  Great Kit.  All three of those appear to be great options.  MTK is a great set.  Never handled WTF but its looking like a great set of armor as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone I love all of the kindness and support to one another it's super cool and inspiring!!! So today is my first day on this site and I'm hoping to start my first build, I am intrested in a first order storm trooper ARMOR build/kit (I know how I'm going about the helmet) it's the armor I can't find anywhere, now I'm 6'4 and 255lbs athletic build so if anyone would rather point me in the direction of how to get started with a Vader full build I'll take that too but I know this is a site for the real soldiers...storm troopers! So any help on First Order ARMOR kit for a big guy it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

This might be an already asked question but i'm too lazy to sweep through all the posts, is this list going to be updated with ANOVOS? Considering that a lot of people have purchased from them and their armor seems to be pretty decent...

Maybe. It depends on how the long-term quality holds up.

• 1 month later...

What if I just want a helmet?

Then you ask whoever you want to buy the helmet from to only sell you the helmet. Almost all people on the list sell separate helmet kits.

Hello everyone I love all of the kindness and support to one another it's super cool and inspiring!!! So today is my first day on this site and I'm hoping to start my first build, I am intrested in a first order storm trooper ARMOR build/kit (I know how I'm going about the helmet) it's the armor I can't find anywhere, now I'm 6'4 and 255lbs athletic build so if anyone would rather point me in the direction of how to get started with a Vader full build I'll take that too but I know this is a site for the real soldiers...storm troopers! So any help on First Order ARMOR kit for a big guy it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Hi Michael, there is currently only one armour that is publicly available by Jim in the Philippines. Anovos will be releasing their FO armour sometime this year IIRC. Some members of the 501st were allowed to purchase kits before public release (to give them feedback, I believe). You can purchase the helmet from Anovos for now. Check out this thread for resources for FOTK everything: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34166-first-order-stormtrooper-resource-guide/

• Like 1