The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Hello all,<br><br>

I am currently trying to get my trooper suit so i can join the 501st. I have been in contact with RT-MOD, for some prices etc. I was thinking of going with a heavy weapons trooper suit but I want the anh hero helm. I don't think the anh hero helm with a heavy weapons suit would be accepted to join the 501st would it? <br>

Also, are there any particular/extra things I need to ask for specifically from RT-MOD in my suit? I don't want to pay all the money for a suit and have it missing something or be incorrect and not be acceptable to join the 501st. Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>

Thanks, <br>

Paul.aka.Staff.

Welcome, Paul!  You are in a bit of a quandary here... While I am glad to hear you are considering HWT, (we can always use more in the ranks!), the ANH Hero bucket would unfortunately not be acceptable for HWT approval.  I went with ANH Stunt, and made a few alterations... 99% of the time I use my armor for the Heavy Weapons style, but occasionally I need to do the regular TK, so I made the drop boxes removable, (snaps), and bought a second canvas belt, (to which I added "blaster residue), as the TK one has the E-11 holster attached.  I just switch out the ABS ammo belt and I'm good to go!

While basic HWT approval accepts 3 (Hero) or 4 ear bumps, the frown has to be gray, and have 8 teeth cut out, and the Hero has a black frown and 6 teeth cut out.

If you do decide to go with RT-MOD, and want to double as a HWT, you will need to let them know this when they build your bucket, as well as ask them to add the ear bumps.  If you should need any help in finding accessories, or just general information on becoming a Heavy Weapons Trooper, just PM me, and I will be glad to help!  

• Like 1

Seeing how this original topic was posted in 2010 is most of this info still true? I'm looking at starting my 1st TK build but still confused about all the different types. I'm a bigger guy 5'11" and 250lbs and I wear a size 38/40 pants (39 really as 38 is tight and 40 is loose). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I think AM2.0, RT-Mod, or even the updated AP kit will work for you. 

Hey guys, my most sincere apologies for probably being the biggest noob here but I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to offer some advice/assistance in acquiring a set of Imperial or First Order stormtrooper armour for myself. (more specifically just the armour, I can purchase whichever helmet later)
I'm not exactly talented in the arts and crafts so I was hoping to purchase a set instead of crafting one myself, though after doing some reading I do appreciate some modifications may be required for the perfect fit. I reside in Australia but do have some contacts which can help in any postage issues, though I am of a tall slender/athletic build (more specifically 184cm, 30" waist with broad shoulders) and clothing in general is always a pain so I expect it wouldn't be any easier with purchasing a set of armour.
I've always been a huge fan of star wars since my toddler days and owning a set of armour has always been a dream, though a few google searches here and there over the years has never proved successful, but this time I really am giving it my best to make that dream a reality.
I don't really know much about all the acronyms and parts or anything at all in that matter but I'd be hugely appreciative if I could be given some assistance or pointed in the right direction, and money isn't an issue when it comes to something important such as this.
Once again I apologise for my lack of knowledge in all of this and also apologise for the cringe-worthiness of this post! :smiley-sw013:

Are you looking for First Order OR Original Trilogy armor?  One is easier to acquire right now than the other....

Who is making First Order helmets? Wouldn't mind picking one up if they are reasonably price... which I am guessing their not. :lol:

We will be updating this with FO information soon. There are other makers of FO helmets at the least that are coming out from the shadows, and more on the 501st only version of this page.

• Like 2

Hello,

I have already searched everything and only find the helmet for the First Order Stormtrooper, and i have found this  http://www.501st.com/databank/TK_-_First_Order . So now i  have found what i need , and the next problem is where to find something ? I dont want really to work self on it because i have no experience. Is there anyone who knows something more to get a nice armor for the first order Stormtropper ? or atleast to get all Parts which are necessary ?

feel free to ask or message me, if u have some ideas.

Thanks very much

is the anovos completed set any good? it seems like it but I don't know for sure and it's a lot of money to spend without a second opinion.

For FO or OT? For FO it is what over 100 people are wearing and is, as far as I've seen, the better of the kits out there. Then again, there have been very few fan made kits so far that have been completed (only 3 that I've seen).

• Like 1

Hello,

I have already searched everything and only find the helmet for the First Order Stormtrooper, and i have found this http://www.501st.com/databank/TK_-_First_Order . So now i have found what i need , and the next problem is where to find something ? I dont want really to work self on it because i have no experience. Is there anyone who knows something more to get a nice armor for the first order Stormtropper ? or atleast to get all Parts which are necessary ?

feel free to ask or message me, if u have some ideas.

Thanks very much

As Paul mentioned a bit earlier, there are only four First Order Stormtrooper armor kits that we've seenl so far. Three fan sculpts, and ANOVOS (which is not publicly available yet). Of the four, I am in agreement with Paul that the ANOVOS kit is the most accurate, even though a few of the sculpts are quite nice looking as well. I'd advise patience right now. Keep watching, and see which options come available during the course of 2016. I'm fairly confident that a year from now, there will be more than four options available in varying quality and price ranges.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post/question.  I'm 5:'10" about 165 lbs.  I'm looking for ROTJ armor.  I think I have narrowed down my choices to a few vendors (although I'm open to suggestions).  This is probably a really big noob question but how do I PM someone.  More specifically, is there a way to search for the person to PM.

To PM someone, simply click on their avatar photo/image, and then look in the upper right hand corner of the page, where you will see a box that says Send Me A Message.

Thanks Joseph but is there a way to search for someone to send them a PM? How do I search for them in order to see their avatar?<br><br>

Thanks

Click the cog next to the search box in the upper right corner. Select members, and write the username you want to search for.

Click the cog next to the search box in the upper right corner. Select members, and write the username you want to search for.

Thanks Mathias.

I've been a fan since I saw Star Wars in the theater back in 1977.  I'm so impressed with everyone's ability to tell the differences between the different armor.  I'm definitely not there yet.  I've read through various threads and I've looked through pictures.  I guess it comes with time.  For some reason the ROTJ armor called to me but most of the makers only offer ANH.  Now I have another newbie question.  Is the armor different that I need to order the ROTJ armor?  Or can I order the ANH and with tweaks "make" it ROTJ? I contacted Tray Nichols and was told "The armor is ANH but I am sure with some white trim and proper paint this kit can work for ROTJ".  I wanted to ask the experts.  Am I out of luck with no choice but to go with ANH instead?

I guess you should use ANH, but it would be a lot of tweaks. It's quite a lot different from ROTJ. CFO and TM are the best alternatives for going the ROTJ route.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2016 at 11:59 AM, gunnykid3 said:

would this be 501st approved? I know ebay is on the NO NO list, but this guy does not re-cast. He makes them to order!---------

Would need WAY better pics but just initially here are problems I see:

- helmet eyes separated. Should come together in middle.

- spats (ankles) way wrong

- chest plate looks too short

- knee caps too big

- ab boxes in wrong locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Stay well away from that ebay seller, Adam.  It IS a recast, despite what he says.  This set is made in the Philippines and is NOT 501st approvable.