The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

Started reading this thread not long ago and it's clear there is a lot of consideration to make before buying the suit that matches your needs/dimensions/budget etc. While I haven't researched all the sellers of TK armour types, the one that seems to have catched my eye the most is RS Prop Masters. Apparently they blur the lines between a Licenced and fan-made seller, while making prop replicas cast from an original New Hope helmet and armour. I note, however, that RS are not on the original post of vetted vendors so I am unsure as to whether they're reputable?

I´m about to start my first costume. So far i´m leaning towards RS-prop "ready to wear"-package. I´va heard in other 501:st-forums that this is a good quality armor. They take your measurements to make the armor fit your body. I want it "ready to wear" because i´m simply not the handyman and i´m eager to join the 501:st to raise money for kids. 

Any thoughts? Ideas? Helping words? It would be most appreciated!

• Like 1

I´m about to start my first costume. So far i´m leaning towards RS-prop "ready to wear"-package. I´va heard in other 501:st-forums that this is a good quality armor. They take your measurements to make the armor fit your body. I want it "ready to wear" because i´m simply not the handyman and i´m eager to join the 501:st to raise money for kids. 

Any thoughts? Ideas? Helping words? It would be most appreciated!

If you have the money to do it, but not the time. Go for it.

Another maker of the same level is TrooperMaster which is a little "smoother" in the design, but just as accurate and he can also build it for you.

I got my DoopyDoos on Ebay. But they haven't put any on stock in a while. You can check here on the forum for other sellers.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/28047-Phoenix-Props-E-11-Stormtrooper-Blaster-kits-%28A-New-hope%2C-and-ESB%29

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/32533-Stormtrooper-ANH-e11-Blaster-Full-Kits-Available%2E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Crusader_6

On 11/2/2015 at 1:18 PM, ANTHRAXX said:

Who makes a ATAT pilot helmet? Having trouble finding one..

Have you tried asking at their forum?

armoredcavalry.net

I've no idea who can help you but maybe you can try signing up there and checking their threads.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

quick question from a newbie. My husband is 6'4 and a large guy, over 250 lbs. Who would be the best person to help him. I've seen there is a couple companies in Canada for larger people. Is there any in the US? 

Any suggestions would be helpful to help him find a suit that will fit and be excepted.

Thanks so much.

quick question from a newbie. My husband is 6'4 and a large guy, over 250 lbs. Who would be the best person to help him. I've seen there is a couple companies in Canada for larger people. Is there any in the US?

Any suggestions would be helpful to help him find a suit that will fit and be excepted.

Thanks so much.

PM me and I can send you details I received this past weekend from the RT-Mod & AM guys. I'm a bit smaller 6'1"ish 220lbs. Emails were very infomative and helped me decide. Otherwise, you could just email them all, friendly and helpfull, and they will answer any questions.

I also inquired to AP and ATA makers, but they are smaller armor kits.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm currently waiting on an ANOVOS armor kit but I want to have a fall back just in case since we've been seeing some issues already. I'm thinking ATA. Is it possible to get a link or an idea of price?

Ask ATA.
  • Like 1

New AP kits now easily fit up to 38" waist full wrap around body without the need of shimming which is the case with most movie derived suits since the original suits were made for slender type bodies, we also extended width on all legs parts, finally bigger framed people can now own a movie derived suit without the need of extra shimming for a seamless authentic look, and the good thing is you can easily trim down to original movie size without affecting the actual parts, plus we added many new upgrades, molds are finally done will post photos or new parts soon!

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1