The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

They're still around.  Send emails to them, look at build threads and see what people with your body type are wearing.  And when you get a kit, come on back and post your own build thread!

• Like 1

They're still around.  Send emails to them, look at build threads and see what people with your body type are wearing.  And when you get a kit, come on back and post your own build thread!

Thank u!!  I send a few emails hope to get a reply soon.  

AP (Authenticprops) now available for larger sized trooper with added 3" extentions on both AB and Kidney plates for a total of 6 extra inches! also larger thighs and calves ect...No major altercations to molds just much more material added to work with without the need to add separate shims for a seamless authentic finish, can be easily trimmed down to its original size. AP can now fit a much wider range of people :)

Mark (AP) 

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 3

Wow! Fantastic thread!

I'm a newbie and as such, I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of information here.

Any suggestions on who I should go with? I don't have access to as much 'do it your self' stuff like painting and am a bit scared about the idea of trimming it myself.

I feel like a 'package' would make it easier if that's possible, but obviously I'm not very experienced. (Also, I'm a smaller build and shorter)

Thanks!

Edited by thestormtrooperguy

Several makers have offers to built the kit for you, for an extra fee. Do more research on what kit fits you and your budget the best, then send them an email and ask if they can build it for you.

• Like 1

Several makers have offers to built the kit for you, for an extra fee. Do more research on what kit fits you and your budget the best, then send them an email and ask if they can build it for you.

Yeah that helps a lot thanks! My mind is blown at the moment, but I'll have a closer look. I look forward to getting started! 

• Like 1

Okay, I have studied this and appreciated comments.  But let's say I don't want to build one but want to buy a used one that fits all the requirements.  How do I go about finding one that is available?  Is there a forum where people who want to sell used ones would list them?

Okay, I have studied this and appreciated comments. But let's say I don't want to build one but want to buy a used one that fits all the requirements. How do I go about finding one that is available? Is there a forum where people who want to sell used ones would list them?

You can check the PX here. One warning though, the armor kits are sized to the owner as built. If you are not the same in height, weight, etc. A used kit will more than likely not fit well.

Anyone know a vendor that sells kits that would maybe fit my body type better? Im 5'8, 190lb. Maybe in between a Mesomorph & Endomorph body type.

Im considering the Anovos kit. Whats holding me back is that they say their suit is for more of a Mesomorph body type. Im probably more of a Endomorph and am at the minimum height, at 5'8.

Anyone know a vendor that sells kits that would maybe fit my body type better? Im 5'8, 190lb. Maybe in between a Mesomorph & Endomorph body type.

Im considering the Anovos kit. Whats holding me back is that they say their suit is for more of a Mesomorph body type. Im probably more of a Endomorph and am at the minimum height, at 5'8.

I would check out MTK.  It would be a perfect kit for your size and height.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a Halloween or cosplay costume, Evan, this is fine.  If you are looking to join the 501st, steer well clear of this, as it will not be acceptable, and don't believe the line in the listing that says "...You can wear it to any Stormtrooper club you wish".  Instead, go should check out http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/.  It mentions re-casts, (which this is), and ebay armor specifically as things to avoid.  It also lists the vetted sellers, which I would stick to.  

Edited by justjoseph63

Yes, as many have shared. Most people builds share their height, weight, and even measurements on their builds. As everyone is built differently, no two builds are spec'd out the same. This is why off the shelf kits like Rubies are ill-fitting and flop around when moving. <br><br>

Think of this, if you had a choice between a suit, which one would fit best? Off the rack, a used taylored or a custom tailored one?<br><br>

You can do itd

Hey guys great posts here, thank you all for your input.  I am looking to get my first kit, and was originally going to go with Anovos, but after reading I may hold off...

Bottom line is I have a pretty interesting build... I am 6'0 270 lbs. I used to compete in lifting so most of my size is some extremely broad shoulders and big chest. I would say my chest is a 52" as of now. My waist size fluctuates between a 36-40.

With the new movies quickly approaching, I really wanted to do a first order trooper, but now it may seem that my only option is Porkins.  Any advice is appreciated

Hey guys great posts here, thank you all for your input.  I am looking to get my first kit, and was originally going to go with Anovos, but after reading I may hold off...

Bottom line is I have a pretty interesting build... I am 6'0 270 lbs. I used to compete in lifting so most of my size is some extremely broad shoulders and big chest. I would say my chest is a 52" as of now. My waist size fluctuates between a 36-40.

With the new movies quickly approaching, I really wanted to do a first order trooper, but now it may seem that my only option is Porkins.  Any advice is appreciated

AM2, troopergear@gmail.com

You may have to shim the  Ab/Kidney connection, but every other part of the armor will fit you just fine.  I'm 6', 235-ish, and I barely got away without having to shim.

First order trooper through Anovos is completely off the table for me, because of the way the chest, back, and ab plates all join up.  When another armor maker starts making Big and Tall versions of the First Order armor, I'll have to throw money at them.  (:

Ok people, I am super excited to announce that I just requested to get a set of the next AM 2.0 armor. He did mention there is a list of items that do not come with the kit:

Boots

Gloves

Neck Seal

Under Suit

Canvas Belt

Holster

Blaster

Voice Amplifier

Thermal Detonator clips

I am sure this is all covered somewhere in the forum, but I figured I would ask. Where do most of you guys recommend I get these items?

Thank you all again for the advice that helped me make the plunge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys I was referred to his page as this is the place to put out my thoughts and get feedback about where to start:

I am 5'6 (usa) and weigh 190. Broad shouldered. At the moment I am looking to just purchase my first helmet and from there build a full kit slowly but surely. Seeing as the list on the first page is from 2010, I am looking for a comfortable (if there is such a thing) helmet made out of ABS that would be 501st approved for when I do plan on having my entire kit built.  ANyone have any suggestion on who  I should go to as I would want one that is fully assembled as my skills at any of this is none (i can build things but I have never attempted anything of this nature)

Either way thanks for any advice and hi from NY USA

Rick

The first post here is continuously updated.  It's still accurate.

You will fit in any of the screen-derived armors, as long as you build it to fit your own body.  Broad shoulders won't keep you from wearing anything at all.

Most of us here started with zero skill, but with lots of research, reading, asking questions, and practice, you can get better.  (:

Several of the makers on the first post do sell completed helmets, but you will pay at LEAST twice as much, probably closer to 3x... Email them and ask.

Good luck!

AP (Authenticprops) now available for larger sized trooper with added 3" extentions on both AB and Kidney plates for a total of 6 extra inches! also larger thighs and calves ect...No major altercations to molds just much more material added to work with without the need to add separate shims for a seamless authentic finish, can be easily trimmed down to its original size. AP can now fit a much wider range of people :)

Mark (AP) 

Just wanted to add again how excited I am about this and remind everyone that APs now bigger :)

Hello from Maryland. I don't think one can get much more new than me but we all had to start somewhere. I recently ordered a suit from. "Stromtrooper-costumes.com" and whereas they were very pleasant something seemed not to be right. I did not have to look far to find that it was not the way I wanted to go about this project. I have cancelled the order in the 11th hour and from what I have read I made the right choice. <br>

My question is before I embark on to trying to aquire armor that is 501st compliant at a reasonable price can anyone update me on these vetted vendors. I see this tread originated in 2010. Are the vendors listed still active and reputable? Are there any additions?

The first thread is kept up to date. MTK has gained in popularity as if late and there are good things said of Anovos, but their kits are not out yet.

Edited by Khazid
  • Like 3

Hi guys!  I'm a noob myself and was wondering what kit would work well for a 6'1, 200 pound build.  I'm in the same boat as others where I'd probably prefer the vendor to build it out/trim it for me if possible.

Any suggestions?  I see MTK being recommended quite a bit but thought I'd ask the masses first.

Thanks gents (and ladies, in case there are any reading :P)!

• Like 1