The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

On 7/29/2015 at 12:16 AM, Locitus said:

Call it whatever you like, but it looks like FX. ;)

Do you think the 501st would have used 30 of them in their 501st parade in Disneyland Hong-Kong if they were FX armours?  ;)  Judging quickly by the look on may be not so good pictures (I admit) can be tricky and also detrimental to genuine makers.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 8/14/2015 at 11:05 PM, jt.stormtrooper said:

Do you think the 501st would have used 30 of them in their 501st parade in Disneyland Hong-Kong if they were FX armours? ;) Judging quickly by the look on may be not so good pictures (I admit) can be tricky and also detrimental to genuine makers.

---------------

Well technically no, they are not FX armour, as those molds are retired and in storage. They are a poor fx knock off.

---------------

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 8/14/2015 at 11:05 PM, jt.stormtrooper said:

Do you think the 501st would have used 30 of them in their 501st parade in Disneyland Hong-Kong if they were FX armours? ;) Judging quickly by the look on may be not so good pictures (I admit) can be tricky and also detrimental to genuine makers.

--------------

FX armour is used by plenty of people at plenty of events. That doesn't stop it from being the worst of them all.

You should post some closeup photos instead of parade pictures where half the armour is hidden and 10 meters away. And the pictures on your website is definitely FX armour.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

FX armour is used by plenty of people at plenty of events. That doesn't stop it from being the worst of them all.

You should post some closeup photos instead of parade pictures where half the armour is hidden and 10 meters away. And the pictures on your website is definitely FX armour.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As you previously said, "Call it whatever you like" ;) . The picture is taken from a phone, so yes, it is bad quality. Sorry this one was given to me and I don't have more close-up shots. But to me, having 30 of the 501st members (that saw and purchased and assembled the armour first hand) and wearing these armours for an official parade last July is pretty much a good sign of the quality (which I understand is not shared by you, point taken). Nevermind, I'll live with it  ;)  Have a good day :)

As you previously said, "Call it whatever you like" ;) .

Yes. Since you're not posting any proof at all contradicting me, I will continue to call it recast FX. ;)

• Like 2

Hey guys, I have been looking into getting my armor but am stuck between AP and AM. I am in contact with the guy from AP, His armor is very good quality it seems like but for the full trimmed kit he is selling it for 1050. 

I am also in contact with a Garrison buddy of mine who recently got AM armor

He says it is very very good, Includes alot of adhesives and bolts and what not, is incredibly duarble (AP i believe is 0.08 whereas AM is 0.09)

And he said he got it for around 650. 

Can I please get some assistance here? Is AM good armor? I'm a noob and still need to get my first armor and I did not want to go too over the top for my first suit. So I am really just hoping for some good guidance.

Hey guys, I have been looking into getting my armor but am stuck between AP and AM. I am in contact with the guy from AP, His armor is very good quality it seems like but for the full trimmed kit he is selling it for 1050.

I am also in contact with a Garrison buddy of mine who recently got AM armor

He says it is very very good, Includes alot of adhesives and bolts and what not, is incredibly duarble (AP i believe is 0.08 whereas AM is 0.09)

And he said he got it for around 650.

Can I please get some assistance here? Is AM good armor? I'm a noob and still need to get my first armor and I did not want to go too over the top for my first suit. So I am really just hoping for some good guidance.

Some of it boils down to body size. What is you height and weight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I couldnt find info for MTK, is there another name for it? I was looking into AP but its just expensive is all. the guy is charging 1050 for a fully trimmed suit. is that normal?

Given, AP has a very good reputation for being good quality good detailed armor...

And can anyone else comment on if AM is truly for larger people. Im receiving conflicting reports

Edited by Hellfire272

On 8/15/2015 at 7:25 AM, Locitus said:

Yes. Since you're not posting any proof at all contradicting me, I will continue to call it recast FX. ;)

I didn't think of having to prove anything just because someone gave his opinion, but since you're undirectly asking (and make me look like a liar just because I didn't prove you personnaly otherwise about what you said at the same time ;) ), I send you these pictures I already have of our moulds ;) (I know, they are from a phone again :( ) I'll stop answering here because we are monopolizing the forum thread which was not the purpose at all (and we're also turning round here) but I'd answer your personal messages if you want more info. I hope you'll meet someone that bought our new armour one day so you can have a real look at it. Thank you for letting me know your views anyway and forcing me to answer questions I first didn't think would come :) Best regards Mathias.

---------------

Edit : As you can see on our website, we are open to improvement suggestions from troopers to better our moulds and armours, so if you want to constructively participate in it, we'd be glad to receive your comments here http://stormtroopercity.com/contact-us/or just send an email at contact@stormtroopercity.com

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hello im new here. I would like to know where can i buy armor that would be approved by the 501st. Im 5'7 140 if that helps at all. Thanks :)

The very first post of this thread has sources that can be made 501st approved.  You buy the kit, and if you put it together right, it can be accepted by the 501st.  Good luck!

Hello. <br>

My height is 5'11" Weight 190 lbs. On average I make 2-3 trooping in the year.<br>

Recommend buying a kit created by TE made of .060 guage styrene plastic?<br><br>

Thanks for the help.

Edited by darthRivera

Hello. <br>

My height is 5'11" Weight 190 lbs. On average I make 2-3 trooping in the year.<br>

Recommend buying a kit created by TE made of .060 guage styrene plastic?<br><br>

Thanks for the help.

No. Get something in ABS instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another question.

Scootch (CAP)´s TK kit, made of HIPS. It is recommended?

If you have the space to paint the armour after assembly. It's good armour but requires painting.