The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

From what I've read it's either RT Mod & wait, or FX - now eFX - & then tweak it to make it 501st suitable - if that's what you want to use it for - for us bigger ppl...

There's AM2.0 as well. They claim to fit up to 6'5", according to the e-mail I received when inquiring.

• 2 weeks later...

I am giving AP armor a +1.

I had a very pleasant experience working with mark who sells them. He will work with your budget to help you get on his list. and he is very quick to respond which was important to me.

The armor its self is extremely durable. I was nervous handling it at first but once you get past the first day of working with it you know how much it can take. The detail on other armors is def sharper but i am one for the long term trooping.

I was very happy with my purchase. 

This is a great thread.  So much good information and I've only read maybe half the posts!

Right now I'm leaning towards AM as I'm 6'4" and about 220 lbs (pretty slim build).  I've contacted RT-MOD and they aren't taking new orders for the time being.  Is AM the right choice or will it be too wide for my body type?  Other than AM, I'm not really sure what other options there are for my height, although I do have a lot more reading to do.

Thanks for the help.

I'm in the same boat as you lovemonkey size-wise, AM was another choice for me but I only ever got a reply from RT-Mod. Might try harassing AM again...

I've had great success communicating with AM.  For the most part, he's been quick and I've only had to wait maybe a day or two max for an e-mail response.  FYI, I emailed his gmail account.  Good luck!

Thank you! I was told by my mentor to look at anvoso just gotta be Careful I have a disability in wear my muscles in my hands don't develop so well. So molding things can be a task so I'm gonna ask a friend for assistance on that. but does any one have suggestions other than that site that might sell a kit for cheaper? That may be easier? Any one can email or pm or what ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaygoodrich66

Thank you! I was told by my mentor to look at anvoso just gotta be Careful I have a disability in wear my muscles in my hands don't develop so well. So molding things can be a task so I'm gonna ask a friend for assistance on that. but does any one have suggestions other than that site that might sell a kit for cheaper? That may be easier? Any one can email or pm or what ever!

I think the kid is 450$and it's a real good price... ( I bought 2 of them ) I feel like I got 2 for the price of 1.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And they are acceptable for this group?

Check out this thread. A history of all Anovos info we have so far 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/page-29#entry409038 

There may be a little bit of info elsewhere but most of it is there. Nothing is acceptable out of the box, the wearer has to make it acceptable. Haha, no hand-outs, the best things have to be worked for!

Ask questions, but try to do a little research first in all of the topics. It'll help with the understanding of how everything all comes together in this hobby's world. Also, it'll save time on answering questions that have been asked many many times before.

Edited by chrskmbr

I'm in the same boat as you lovemonkey size-wise, AM was another choice for me but I only ever got a reply from RT-Mod. Might try harassing AM again...

Troopergear (AM 2.0 supplier) here. I'm not sure how your email was missed, but sometimes they get lost in spam. Shoot me another email at troopergear@gmail.com and I'd be happy to help!

Troop on!

TG

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Check out this thread. A history of all Anovos info we have so far

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/page-29#entry409038

There may be a little bit of info elsewhere but most of it is there. Nothing is acceptable out of the box, the wearer has to make it acceptable. Haha, no hand-outs, the best things have to be worked for!

Ask questions, but try to do a little research first in all of the topics. It'll help with the understanding of how everything all comes together in this hobby's world. Also, it'll save time on answering questions that have been asked many many times before.

Wow thank you! Gonna have to do more research!

• 4 weeks later...

Extremely new guy here and I want to begin by saying thank you. This is extremely helpful. I believe I have my maker narrowed down to RT. I am 6'1" and 205 lbs. I think this would be the best for me. Thoughts?

I do have a quick question. What is meant when they say shimming may be involved? Or, the RT kit Ears lack bumps? Like I said, I am new and simply looking to do the best I can. Thanks in advance.

Going around the belly, you're supposed to be fully encased in plastic.  Skinny guys (and gals) can do it with just the plastic that comes attached to the ab and kidney plates.  Bigger troopers need to either buy bigger armor (like AM2) or add extra plastic to the sides, and blend it all together so it looks like one solid piece.  Some kits come with extra plastic for this, some don't, and you go to the store and buy For Sale signs made of white plastic, and use those, plain side out, to make the armor fit better around the bellah.

I don't know about the RT ears, sorry!

• Like 1

Extremely new guy here and I want to begin by saying thank you. This is extremely helpful. I believe I have my maker narrowed down to RT. I am 6'1" and 205 lbs. I think this would be the best for me. Thoughts?

I do have a quick question. What is meant when they say shimming may be involved? Or, the RT kit Ears lack bumps? Like I said, I am new and simply looking to do the best I can. Thanks in advance.

Also check out AM armor. Should fit you at your size.

I'm 6'2", 225, and AM fits me like it was made for me.  I've not had to add any shims, just trim the pieces.

hi there. really dont care about the technical stuff. not looking to join 501st etc. all i want is easy to put on realistic looking wearable stormtrooper armor. i can handle a pricier costume but not the $2500 originalstormtrooper wants. i am in the usa and wanting to enjoy people turning their heads at a storm trooper. i work with children so i want halloween to be fun and memorable. 

that all said i can fork out 1K or so for super good looking and durable. but also dont have the tools or smarts for much diy work. any ideas? im talking armor. shoes i have found and ill take the expensive helmet and blaster/holster if needed (no way im messing with the voice box).        also left handed 5'7" and 150 lbs.  any help would be great. big Star Wars fan. just not a wealthy one haha.

cheers, Aaron

Edited by justwantcostume

hi there. really dont care about the technical stuff. not looking to joiin 501st etc. all i want is easy to put on realistic looking wearable stormtrooper armor. i can handle a pricier costume but not the $2500 originalstormtrooper wants. i am in the usa and wanting to enjoy people turning their heads at a storm trooper. i work with children so i want halloween to be fun and memorable. 

that all said i can fork out 1K or so for super good looking and durable. but also dont have the tools or smarts for much diy work. any ideas? im talking armor. shoes i have found and ill take the expensive helmet and blaster/holster if needed (no way im messing with the voice box).        also left handed 5'7" and 150 lbs.  any help would be great. big Star Wars fan. just not a wealthy one haha.

cheers, Aaron

Aaron, you're the right shape and size for the Anovos costume which is still on sale as a kit. You'll have to put it together, but it comes with almost everything you need. There's a huge thread in the Hard Armor subforum about it... Check that out.