The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

i know how you feel msuguy1984 when i read the specs the thing that got me was the jumpsuit part. it looks good if you need to get this for simple functions. but for it to be legion approved that is the question. i guess someone need to buy it and give it a yes or no for the approval of the legion requirement list.

Site says orders won't ship until Winter 2015, so confirmation will be a while coming.

That all said, hi everybody! New here and looking to get involved! From the metro Detroit area, so any Great Lakes Garrison members, I'll be looking to join up with you guys sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future!

On 4/13/2015 at 9:57 AM, Manzilla said:

Sorry, Check again. This is the screen when I click on the link you provided:

------------

Ok so Completed it $1,600, but if you pre-order it before Star Wars Day, (May 4th) it's $1,200. The kit is $650, but pre-ordered is $350. Hopefully that clears up any questions on that. Question is.... will it be legion approved.... and it seems like it's not personalized like some of the armorers here like AM 2.0 or RT-mod.

Maybe we should start a new thread about Anvos Armor.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I'm thinking about getting a set of AM armor still in the box, this is pre V2.0. I'm 5'10" and probably 150lbs. It says best suited for larger troopers but panda trooper seems to have made it work. Anyone else here around my size suggest this armor?

The price is right and it's all still in the big brown box.

Edited by Joe.Gravelle

I'm thinking about getting a set of AM armor still in the box, this is pre V2.0. I'm 5'10" and probably 150lbs. It says best suited for larger troopers but panda trooper seems to have made it work. Anyone else here around my size suggest this armor?

The price is right and it's all still in the big brown box.

Hi Joe,

I have the same kit and re-started working on my armor after stopping several years ago.

IMHO, it's good, solid armor (especially as a first armor). However, expect to do LOTS of trimming. I'm arranging getting help from some members of the detachment in my area to help me with the rest of my build (especially the trimming part).

I'm 5'9" and 170lbs and needed to cut lots off of thighs, shins, forearms. The thing to remember is the cuts need to be proportional (meaning you need to cut from both halves of the parts).

Good luck!

Hello, first time poster here. Basically I'm looking at purchasing some armour but confused by the sheer amount of choice out there. I've looked through some threads but found that many of the posts I read are old and probably out of date.

I'm 6"2, weigh 224lb with a large frame and reside in the UK. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, My name's Michael, similar to the last post on this thread newbie in search of a Stormtrooper Helmet for someone that's over 6ft. -  I have flicked an email to RT about their helmets, Meanwhile anyone know how the RT one compares with the EFX ones that are currently all over Ebay? They seem to be a larger size?

Thanks!

If your looking for advice on where to get your armor look in the hard armor section http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/29-hard-armor-general-discussion/. The first few pinned thread there talk about sizes of armor by different manufacturers. Once you have found the armorer that makes something for you send them and email and get prices and availablity.

Good Luck!

Thanks Zugor, have done what you suggested & am keen to go with RT-Mod - Rob, his stuff seems perfect for my size/budget - already had a reply but it's abit open-ended...'currently not taking orders but check back in future for when I am' - Fair enough, but does Rob typically announce when he's going to be releasing a batch for sale?  

Thanks Zugor, have done what you suggested & am keen to go with RT-Mod - Rob, his stuff seems perfect for my size/budget - already had a reply but it's abit open-ended...'currently not taking orders but check back in future for when I am' - Fair enough, but does Rob typically announce when he's going to be releasing a batch for sale?  

Hi Michael,

Rob usually stays booked up a year at a time. You might check back with him towards the end of the year. His wait list fills up fast. Just keep checking in with him.

Hmm it won't let me post links here...Anyways Opinions on the Resin Cast lids avail. on ebay? Seller has a Boba Fett & AT AT one for sale in the US...Boba one looks pretty decent to me - seller is atom_kinder - Anyone have any experience with these? I've read that fiberglass ones are heavy for the trooping side of things. Also do members trying to sell their unwanted gear list their stuff for sale on this site?

Hmm it won't let me post links here...Anyways Opinions on the Resin Cast lids avail. on ebay? Seller has a Boba Fett & AT AT one for sale in the US...Boba one looks pretty decent to me - seller is atom_kinder - Anyone have any experience with these? I've read that fiberglass ones are heavy for the trooping side of things. Also do members trying to sell their unwanted gear list their stuff for sale on this site?

Did you read the first post?

2. Do not buy from e-bay - kits are over-priced, the quality is often dubious, and always recast.

Do not buy stormtrooper stuff from eBay!

Yeah but but but...

It's easy to see that you should avoid the Rubies ones... eFX ones are everywhere now on the old Ebay, & other posts on here talk about modding them to get them to 501 specs correct? - Stormtrooper gear seems a lot like the medevil armour helmets that I am more used to..crappy ones on ebay, & only way to get a good one is to track down the right maker & wait. 

Yeah but but but...

... only way to get a good one is to track down the right maker & wait. 

Correct!! :D

Read my "Armor 101" too in my signature... if you haven't already.

Did you read the first post?

2. Do not buy from e-bay - kits are over-priced, the quality is often dubious, and always recast.

Do not buy stormtrooper stuff from eBay!

I know this is what it says on the first page.  However, to mention Do not buy stormtrooper stuff on eBay is a statement that may lend itself to be inaccurate.  A possible better way to put this would be to do plenty of research before buying anything ANYWHERE.  There are two good stormtrooper kits  that are sometimes available on eBay and they are MTK and Cap-W.  Those two kits have been made to look just as great if not better then some of the vetted kits listed on the first page.  If the kits are made well then it most always comes down to the person building them. 

This statement is also made in Paul's awesome opening thread:

You are certainly free to buy where you will, but if you vary this list we strongly encourage that you at least do your due diligence inquiring about the seller's quality and reputation before parting with your money.

Good Luck to all new members when you are looking into purchasing kits.  And as always make sure you do plenty of research before pulling the trigger.  Any and all information can be found in these forums on all armor available today. 

• Like 1

Indeed, some good things can be found on ebay, for sure. The thing is, when you're new to this hobby you don't know what qualifies as good. That's why we ask you to stay away from there. Once you know what you're looking for, go right ahead.

• Like 1

Cool Beans. I'm set on a RT helmet in any case, so will focus on that. Personally I think the confusion is ( from a newbie pov ) - If someone stuck a Rubies helmet infront of me, having not been on here, I'd have said Cool that's a great Stormtrooper helmet wanted one for years! Then you see a RT one for example beside it & you think Ahh crap!! 

Other thing is price for what you get, as in end of the day it's plastic. I know ( from reading here ) if your trooping all day weight is an issue, but a lot of people struggle with paying $300+ for a plastic helmet. For comparison - sort of - I recently got a Sallet helmet made from the Czech Republic. 2mm Steel, hand forged to my exact head measurement's..handmade internal padding fitted...took 3 months, maker emailed me pics each week of his progress...I was able to suggest small changes...offered me several different styles & designs I could choose from & prices of each - $1000 Aus. delivered. Awesome awesome thing, happy to pay for it.

Anyways Thanks for the info/replies guys ;)

Big like!!!! Though I am struggling to decide if to buy it ready to wear ( my poor wallet) or if to go through the whole ensamble process which looks like the best way to go but no space at home to even hold the box with the armour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put in a border for the anovos armor set since it was such a great deal. I am 6'2" and 210lbs. I was just told in another thread that i probably would not fit me? What suggestions would you think I should go with? from the first post it seems I only have 2 choices. one I already contacted and is booked out for at least a year. 

​I was really hoping that since anovos let you choose your size that I would not have issues. now I am worried.