The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new recruit and spent all morning pouring through these pages and I am very grateful to have gotten so much information. Troopers helping troopers truly defines this amazing forum. 

After all my reading I have come to a decision on AP armor and i am ready to get this ball rolling. Cant wait to dig through all the tutorial forums now. lol

• Like 1

AP is excellent armor, I love mine, but not only that, Mark is also a pleasure to deal with, and more than happy to answer questions you may have while assembling his kits.

I may be bias, but you have made a great choice in armor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11

I've been lurking for a while and almost started my armor years ago and I wish I did because it's an 11 month wait for ATA armor. I'm on the list for TD armor. I guess I'll have a ton of time to build a blaster and some other pieces....

Hello...Greetings from Montréal, Canada. I have a problem...about 7 years ago I bought an FX kit. Although I can modify the suit itself to be acceptable my helmet has to go. Any suggestion on where I can purchase a quality acceptable built helmet?

On page 1.

May have already been asked but I just saw the ANOVOS armor. As I am fairly new to this I see some things that may not be entirely accurate, overall it seems to be pretty decent. I'm sure I may be starting an unintentional heated debate here but for $350 as a kit with completed helmet (early bird price) it is very tempting? Thoughts? http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order?hc_location=ufi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have already been asked but I just saw the ANOVOS armor. As I am fairly new to this I see some things that may not be entirely accurate, overall it seems to be pretty decent. I'm sure I may be starting an unintentional heated debate here but for $350 as a kit with completed helmet (early bird price) it is very tempting? Thoughts? http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order?hc_location=ufi

It's pointless to comment on prototypes as anything can happen with them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

True. Does anyone know if their production run stuff ends up being vastly different from their prototypes? I really want to build a suit and the only way the wife may let me is if the price is right. $350 may be just the tipping point! :)

Jim M.

There is no way you will have a finished suit for $350 even if that is the final cost of the kit.

There is no way you will have a finished suit for $350 even if that is the final cost of the kit.

post-21536-142888809886_thumb.jpg

Jim M.

Of course there is shipping and all kinds of fiddly bits to buy. I realize I sound like a total noob here (because I am) but is it really too good to be true? This is why this forum exists, is it not? To ask questions of the subject matter experts and get sound advice? I have been saving for an ATA set but that's a ways out. I could have this purchased and started before I'd have the $ scraped together for ATA.

Jim M.

I paid 757 for just an NE 2.0 kit.

Add blaster, boots, holster, neck seal, gloves, tools, paint, etc, I'm pretty much up to $1300 and have not finished building it.

Of course there is shipping and all kinds of fiddly bits to buy. I realize I sound like a total noob here (because I am) but is it really too good to be true? This is why this forum exists, is it not? To ask questions of the subject matter experts and get sound advice? I have been saving for an ATA set but that's a ways out. I could have this purchased and started before I'd have the $ scraped together for ATA.

Jim M.

my advice would be to save for the kit and buy things as you can... That's what I did. I saved up 780 for the kit, bought the blaster when j had the $$ and so on and so forth. Just make sure that when you're going to make a purchase, ask around first, and then make a decision.

I paid 757 for just an NE 2.0 kit.

Add blaster, boots, holster, neck seal, gloves, tools, paint, etc, I'm pretty much up to $1300 and have not finished building it.

Comes with neck seal and gloves. Have all the tools. I am super handy and have been doing similar hobbies for decades. I retire from the Army in a few months and will have all kinds of free time. Yes boots and blaster will be a bit more but heck, I could be under $900ish all said and done......(that's called optimism, LOL!)

Jim M.

It's just a heads up so if you do get the kit or any kit for that matter is that none of them are complete. You always have to get additional accessories.

• Like 2

Hey all, first time posting but been lurking for a while. Haven't had the intestinal fortitude to pull the trigger on anything yet, but saw this today on the Star Wars website and figured I should ask here first - is this ANOVOS stuff legit? Seems way too good to be true...

http://www.starwars.com/news/stormtrooper-costume-by-anovos-preview?linkId=13516135