The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

I agree, I thought the same thing myself. lol They must get the SAME noob questions aaaaaaallllll the tiiiiiiiiiime. Hey, they make good money though I am sure. : ) lol

Hey Sarge... in my line of work, there's an old saying, "Take care of your clients, or else someone else will."

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great information, finding this site was a fantastic find, I just joined up and am seriously considering an armor purchase this year. I had come sooo close to getting armor from stormtrooper costumes, and I am so glad I found you all, and discovered that this was a bad idea, because I would eventually like to join the 501st, and am really learning a lot about the armor. Now I want to pick some of your brains. I am 6 ft 5 and about 300 pounds, from reading here it looks like RT-Mod may be the best to look at with my size, am I correct in this? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated, making armor is something I have considered for 4-5 years now, and I am at that point that I really want to do it

Thanks

so debating which armor type to go for, I am thinking ESB, I can remember waiting in line to see that one and it would be cool to do. Any advice on which style to go with? Also the E-11 for it looks a bit easier then the ANH one

• 2 weeks later...

I want to purchase some armor, but am still a little unsure of the right type for me. I am 6' 4" and of slim build. I have looked into the AM and RT types but have seen how wide the armour is with the chest and back plates in pictures. If anyone has any ideas on what kind of armour would best suit, it would be much appreciated.

I want to purchase some armor, but am still a little unsure of the right type for me. I am 6' 4" and of slim build. I have looked into the AM and RT types but have seen how wide the armour is with the chest and back plates in pictures. If anyone has any ideas on what kind of armour would best suit, it would be much appreciated.

Both of those are really wide. You're better off with one of the more accurate ones like RS,TM,ATA,AP,T/MC.

Wow, I have my work cut out for me just finding, good quality stormtrooper armor. :-

Just post your questions and you'll have plenty of feedback from the folks on here. We will help guide you! ^_^

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hello, semi-newbie here.

So I finally emailed about 3 of the acceptable armor kit vendors and am now awaiting their responses. For me, price is only half of the concern, though I would like to keep it low if possible.

I really want to order and receive a kit in time for Halloween, so if their is a recommended prop-designer that has a shorter waiting list or faster delivery time, PLEASE POINT THEM OUT.

Sorry Walton, but even if you could receive the armor before Halloween you'd be hard pressed to assemble it to be ready for the 31st. Especially if it's your first build you really need to budget more time for the construction. I'd say a helmet could be done before Halloween, but not the whole suit.

Yeah, at this point in the game, getting a suit under 1K (just the suit, not the accessories) delivered in time to build it just won't happen. Maybe you can buy a pre built suit, but they are pretty rare. You would have to have it shipped today or tomorrow and work nonstop on it once it arrives. Hey, don't let us discourage you, if you can get bumped up on the waiting list (most makers have a long waiting list) get it shipped and in hand, depending on how handy you are, you could potentially get it build before Halloween. It's all down to how crafty, prepared and how much time you have to put into it.

Yeah, at this point in the game, getting a suit under 1K (just the suit, not the accessories) delivered in time to build it just won't happen. Maybe you can buy a pre built suit, but they are pretty rare. You would have to have it shipped today or tomorrow and work nonstop on it once it arrives. Hey, don't let us discourage you, if you can get bumped up on the waiting list (most makers have a long waiting list) get it shipped and in hand, depending on how handy you are, you could potentially get it build before Halloween. It's all down to how crafty, prepared and how much time you have to put into it.

Yea i was hoping i had my RT-Mod suit by halloween but Rob's a busy man and now i have to wait till december hopefully it arrives then. I just cant wait!

hey guys! i am brand new to this whole world. I am currently in Afghanistan and have limited access to the internet (thankfully i found this place). i am really trying to find good quality armor, and i need some suggestions. i am 5 foot 9 and about 170lbs. i prefer something with limited trimming. i am in no way a handyman. anyway all the help i can get is much appreciated! thanks all!

Hi all,

I have been reading much of the very helpful info here, but still have some questions:

The Dream: ANH TK hero (I think) suitable for EIB or maybe even centurion level detail/authenticity.

The questions:

How are the hero and stunt versions different and is it a fan-mod type difference or a film use type difference. I want to go as film acurate as I can.

Which kit will work best for my body type? : 5'9, 250lbs and female.

What sort of voice equipment and cooling options have been most used?

I have never crafted armour before. I am a little intimidated by the idea of weilding cutting tools and glue on my precious kit (once acquired) to make this dream happen, but I live in Calgary, Alberta and would be glad to hear any advice offered!

Evey

Edited by Eveyqv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It depends on how the helmet is built. I've been easily able to wear glasses in a few of my TE2 helmets, but not in another. Same molds, same maker, different build.