The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

What do you guys say about the RT Suit from RT-mod.com ? Good buy? or no.. Id buy without helm since I already have the XFX helm

I've never heard of XFX. Sure you don't mean FX? RT-MOD is a great buy for the taller troopers. Trust worthy seller and a good helmet. Certainly better than the classic FX helmet.

Also as for taller troopers, troopers as tall as 6'-1" ?

At that lenght you don't a kit made for tall troopers. You'd fit in any kit. Oh, and any helmet except the AM or FX helmet would be better than the eFX if you get it from the sellers of this list.

I agree, 6'1" is any normal kit, if you are 6'1" 220, you might want to look into the Rt kit as his are made for taller and wider (if necessary) troopers. I'm 6'6" 220, and based on my conversation with Rob of RT-Mod his suit will fit me perfectly, especially since a few of the pieces are longer. Rob game me these measurements from his suit:

-Key measurements are as follows: (....shims would be required beyond these.)

-Calves - 17"

-Thighs - 26"

-Waist - 40"

-Forearm - 13.5"

-Bicep - 16"

-Helmet – 24â€

-Remaining components are not size critical

At that lenght you don't a kit made for tall troopers. You'd fit in any kit. Oh, and any helmet except the AM or FX helmet would be better than the eFX if you get it from the sellers of this list.

My experience (at 6'0") is that the only downside of the TE type suits are height are the legs. You'll have a lot of black showing. Some day I'd like to give TM's longer parts a go - I want to look like TKDueno, Rich330, etc. too!

My experience (at 6'0") is that the only downside of the TE type suits are height are the legs. You'll have a lot of black showing. Some day I'd like to give TM's longer parts a go - I want to look like TKDueno, Rich330, etc. too!

you think i would be good with RT-mod's armor i am approximately 6'1-6'2 weight 205-210?

Yes, I think so. see my previous post where I listed some interior measurements. Get a cloth/body tape and go around the body parts listed. just make sure none of the dimensions are outside the listed number, otherwise you'll need to shim it a little, which also is no problem.

There's a hack for that....Hack saw :D :D

From the email reply I received from AP....it looks like the helmet comes with some sticker decals. Are these acceptable for the 501st?

Yes. But you want to either ask for the upgraded hovi's or get replacements later on if you want to go for EIB.

I have been wanting to build a storm trooper armor for years.... did Halo last year and just sold my armor so I am ready to embark my childhood dream... so looking at armor, I have emailed a couple of your suggested suppliers and awaiting responses and armor quotes. I am 6' 175lbs.

Question... as far as the T/MC supplier goes, seems fairly afordable. http://traynichols.com/501st/4sale/stormtrooper.html Do most buy the lid seperate? I see you you can order it with the full kit, but would I be more satisfied buying a different lid, if so what do people recoment? Whats EIB mean? This is unpainted armor, do I have to paint it, or just shine the hell out of it? Thanks for your guidence and can't wait to join the force!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hello Tony.

What about the helmet do you not care for? Would you rather find one that is fully assembled, or is there some detail or other you like better on another helmet?

EIB stands for Expert Infantry Badge. It's a fully voluntary program here at FISD that represents another level of costuming accuracy. For example, the T/MC description talks about the resin-cast hovi mic tips being acceptable for EIB. What that means is that the overall look of those mic tips is accurate enough to what was seen on-screen in ANH to be used for EIB acceptance, if the person building the costume wants to go for it. You can find out more about EIB as well as the Centurion program here on the forums, under the "Advanced Tactics" header on the main forum page.

Since this is ABS armor it does not require paint - just a good polish with Novus or another brand of polish for plastics. It can be painted if you want, but I think it looks good as is.

Hey guys,

I am extremely keen to get a hold of a Troopermaster kit. Can anybody give a contact person details or a website that I can buy one from. Any help will be much appreciated.

The Bulb

I'm going to e-mail some of the suppliers that were listed and start to try and get an idea of prices so I can get started on getting some armor together. It will be a slow process for me as I'm on a fairly tight budget right now. My wife, knowing how bad I want to build a suit, got on line and ordered me a helmet already and it should be here sometime this week. She ordered an eFX helmet, and I know from what I've read I will need to do some work and slight modifications to it. I'm completely up for that, I've loved building and working on models since I was a kid. I also know from what I've read that it is not one of the preferred helmets to purchase, but my wife was being sweet and wanted to suprise me with it and I will make it work. I'm 5'9" and 175lbs, so from what I think I'm understanding, AP and ATA would probably be my best bet as far as good fitting armor kit for my body type. Do either one of these or both offer armor without a helmet, or am going to end up just owning two helmets? I wouldn't mind having another helmet, but I figure an armor kit without a helmet is going to be less expensive than a kit including a helmet. Thanks in advance for any input, critisizm, or advice given. All is welcome!

Edited by Tattooed Andy

Hello Tony.

What about the helmet do you not care for? Would you rather find one that is fully assembled, or is there some detail or other you like better on another helmet?

EIB stands for Expert Infantry Badge. It's a fully voluntary program here at FISD that represents another level of costuming accuracy. For example, the T/MC description talks about the resin-cast hovi mic tips being acceptable for EIB. What that means is that the overall look of those mic tips is accurate enough to what was seen on-screen in ANH to be used for EIB acceptance, if the person building the costume wants to go for it. You can find out more about EIB as well as the Centurion program here on the forums, under the "Advanced Tactics" header on the main forum page.

Since this is ABS armor it does not require paint - just a good polish with Novus or another brand of polish for plastics. It can be painted if you want, but I think it looks good as is.

There isnt anything about the helmet i have a issue with, just know people buy them seperately for some reason so I was trying to understand why or if there is a better maybe already made one I should consider... only asking for educational purposes before purchasing. How much work is a eFx lid to get up to standard?

Thanks!

Edited by gakarl

There isnt anything about the helmet i have a issue with, just know people buy them seperately for some reason so I was trying to understand why or if there is a better maybe already made one I should consider... only asking for educational purposes before purchasing. How much work is a eFx lid to get up to standard?

Thanks!

Search on how to make the MRCE up to standards. It's the same helmet, just a new company making it. It's quite a lot of work.

So how many people are using castfromoriginal? looks really nice. So is the whole thing here basically based on what you shooting for as a final product? TK quality -> EIB -> Centurion

Basically the more you’re willing to spend the closer to screen accurate or pedigree per say you get...

Actually that's not entirely true. TM is not a direct cast from original and looks really, really good. ATA's helmet derives from an original and is the cheapest out there.

Screen lineage doesn't always mean expensive. And you have to be careful about screen lineage - the best kit can be made in to a mess by a bad assembly job, and something just a little less can be made to be outstanding. Then take in to account maybe a bad pull, bad plastic, etc.

And, even if you had a screen replicated suit would it hold up to trooping, or look like crap close up? A $500 suit that lasts one year may be better than a $1500 suit that lasts two.

been chatting with propmaster, any thoughts or expereince with them? I believe thier listed in the recomended list.

Everyone on the list are great guys. Some more accurate than others, but all are great in their own way.