The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

The list on the first post only contains those sellers who have established their reputations for both quality and service over time. A few good build threads and some more positive feedback on his sales and it probably won't be that long.

The list on the first post only contains those sellers who have established their reputations for both quality and service over time. A few good build threads and some more positive feedback on his sales and it probably won't be that long.

If his other transactions are any indicator he should be fine.

I agree on some build threads though.

• 1 month later...

First thanks for putting this thread - very helpful. I am 6' and about 185 pounds and based on what I read it appears that the AM or RT is the correct fit. I was thinking about the RT do the fact that it is trimmed and easy for a newbee. I am not the most gifted worker with my hands and something that was relatively easier to build. Any suggestions

• 4 weeks later...

hello from a n00bie... thank you all for the amazing info. i am an aspiring storm trooper and hopeful to one day join 501st. im not sure where to start yet but i am eager to learn. thank you to all from the very kind and supportive badlands crew that directed me here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have to admit, i am Obsessed with the idea of owning a Storm Trooper armor set. i have researched this topic for a few weeks now and have found that this is some of the best information i have found so far. Ive read through almost every post on this subject and i am still curious what would be the best armor for me.

i have looked through the first post and thought that a person could help me more personally.

I am about 6' tall and weigh around 140 pounds. i am looking for the best fitting and most screen accurate set of armor. My price range is below 1k and i am not too familiar with trimming and altering armor.

My question is: what would be the best armor for me? for an almost "ready to wear" set with my body type and price range in mind. :snowtrooper:

There is no such thing for that budget. You either get a cheap kit and do it yourself or you pay a lot more to get it made for you. But you can't have both. I think with your size though you can fit most kits, and an ATA kit isn't very expensive if you're in america.

Fwiw... You don't need to be too familiar with anything about the build as this forum has so many resources and people to help you out that the build is almost the best part of owning and having armor, :D I'd say reconsider building your own armor and researching the vetted armor makers on here to find out what is best for you. Tall and skinny like myself I would suggest any of the screen derived stuff. ATA, T/MC, etc. AM will fit you, but it's a much more involved build to make it fit slimmer frames. For a general build you really only need glue, scissors, snaps, velco and some elastic, ;)

This so informative. I thank you for all those who has contributed to this forum.

What's your opinion on ATA vs AM? I'm 5'9" and about 200 lbs. I guess I can loose a few. Does anyone have experience with either ATA or AM?

For a little more AM comes in trimmed, ATA needs to be trimmed, but I'm more worry about sizing? Also read that AM helmets are not approved?

Thanks in ad ace for your opinion.

Alex

AM is for large people ATA is for smaller people.

5'9" is better for a smaller kit like the ATA

but you'll need to shim the sidegaps at the torso for EIB status, if you're shooting for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody at FISD! I'm new here from Holland (6'2 / 180 lbs) and this is very helpfull stuff! Thanks!

Obviously i should have looked here first, before going on a rogue quest for months, figuring all this stuff out! Lol (it was fun tho)

I just got few question left....do they all ship worldwide?

bringing up SDS again...anybody(from outside US) got experience with them and hows their shipping within Europe?

Cheers!

Edited by Red5

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to build a second TK, as my first is retired. I have six other costumes CT, TC, SL, BS, TS, and rebel pilot, and I feel envy when I see a clean TK. It is still the best costume out there!

I am looking at the AM armor, as I am 6' 200lbs. I was wondering if the helpmet was updated from the old FX configuration; I have two of those block head things. If anyone has a pic of one I would love to see it? please post

I'm just getting started and this page has been super helpful. I'm a little petite at 5'1 and about 130 pounds will ATA armor be okay for me after some major trimming?

Where is the best place to actually find the armor? Is it okay for me to just e-mail them?

I'm just getting started and this page has been super helpful. I'm a little petite at 5'1 and about 130 pounds will ATA armor be okay for me after some major trimming?

Where is the best place to actually find the armor? Is it okay for me to just e-mail them?

Should be OK with major trimming like you said. :)

Yep. Just shoot them an email. The ATA gang are a friendly bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

TM should fit you pretty good. I'm 5'10 and 120 lbs and I had to make my TM smaller, not length wise but the circumference of some parts. You probably don't need to do that, it should be fine out of the box with standard trimming.

Thanks a lot for the Informations. I did a lot of research and I don´t know, why it took me so long, to find this Board! ;)

It helped me a lot and I could find a lot of Informations about all the different Armors.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of us who are newbies to TK but have done our research on another Armor are really grateful this thread exists! Oh the hours and months i spent digging around on Sith Lord Detachment!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, your making it easy for newbies, as I am one, this is greatly appreciated.

Those of us who are newbies to TK but have done our research on another Armor are really grateful this thread exists! Oh the hours and months i spent digging around on Sith Lord Detachment!!

I would have to agree! Thanks so much! I = n00b so thanks for giving me a lot of insight I didn't have time to research!

*Admin* This should be a more than a pinned topic :) Maybe in the wiki front page?

Edited by craygee