The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

On 10.1.2011 at 12:07 PM, ZIECKZEON said:

Hi there,

Im a newbie to FISD and this is the 1st beginner thread I started to read and really impressed on the info provided on some of the costume props makers. Very useful for newbie like myself who is considering getting the right armor kit.

Much to learn from the Imperial war veterans here.

Welcome aboard Xilian, make yourself at home. Do as much research as you can (Look at the How Tos, tips, and the different builds) that is the key to help you find the right kit for you.

BTW, it is customary to introduce yourself and tell a little about yourself and how you found this forum in the New Member Introductions Section. This is so the members here can welcome you and get to know you little bit.

Hi RogueTrooper, thanks for guiding me to the introduction counter. Luckily Vader was not there to force choke me.

Before this, I was checking out some stormtrooper armor kits from Ebay...luckily the info from this thread was helpful to allow me to avoid getting this kit from Ebay. I dont want to end up paying big bucks and getting a kit which is not what it seems.

Is there a thread where I can check out the various parts to a TK armor?

On 1/12/2011 at 12:48 PM, ZIECKZEON said:

Hi RogueTrooper, thanks for guiding me to the introduction counter. Luckily Vader was not there to force choke me.

Before this, I was checking out some stormtrooper armor kits from Ebay...luckily the info from this thread was helpful to allow me to avoid getting this kit from Ebay. I dont want to end up paying big bucks and getting a kit which is not what it seems.

Is there a thread where I can check out the various parts to a TK armor?

You can find all info/tutorials in the "Reception Center"

Here is the first link to get you started: Chest Armor

You will find the rest of the "various parts" links on the left side of the "Chest Armor" page link I gave you.

Also, here is the links to the 501st CRL:

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

I like the way the 501st site has a fast "one page" break down of all the "various parts" ( info with the image). I think it helps people new to this understand it quickly. That is why I gave you the 501st.com links too. ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
updated text

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We don't have enough reports of Cfo from the field yet, and we don't want to add anyone until we have a series of positive reports. Usually this is via build threads, and so far the only one I've seen start one is on MEPD (Juan doing an SE sandtrooper).

We don't have enough reports of Cfo from the field yet, and we don't want to add anyone until we have a series of positive reports. Usually this is via build threads, and so far the only one I've seen start one is on MEPD (Juan doing an SE sandtrooper).

That makes complete sense, Paul.

I'm sure they'll be able to build a reputation quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I know that detachment is about white ones but i will post here - maybe admin wont get it out :)

I am looking for black non helmet fx armor kit - could someone help with this matter?

Thank you very much

Michael

FX is no longer made - AM is its replacement. And yes, AM does come in black.

About the only chance you'll have at finding a black FX armor kit is if someone is selling one secondhand. Best thing to do for that is monitor the For Sale areas at the FISD, Spec Ops, and the main Legion board.

• 1 month later...

I use an RT Mod chestplate, and it works well with my AM kit. I also did a photo comparison of the two in my build thread.

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11333&st=20

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think troopersupplies is the tkboots and pauldron seller.

I believe he is too but that is where I got my AM armor back in October. And his email was replaced by troopergear.

• 1 month later...

Hi there....looking over the thread you say that TM is NOT for tall troopers - I'm looking at upgrading from FX to TM (the thighs are a good 3-4" longer) but you say it's not for the very tall trooper....what's very tall?

I'm 6' 2"

I too am 6'2" and I am having a heckuva time making a confident, informed decision. Right now, I'm split between ATA and AM. I'd really like to do a glossy Death Star TK. I am fearful with my height, I will have a lot of black at the knees. Anyone care to weigh in?