The various types of armor and where to find them UPDATED 2023

I am looking to start a Trooper costume, possible a ROTJ trooper or maybe a sand trooper. I have been looking around at various makers/suppliers and wanted to get opinions on Star fortress productions. Is the armor made by this place any good and how are the prices? I was looking at Stormtroopercostumes-costumes.com and was so glad that I read the thread that said not to order from there. I was pretty close to placing an order there.

So is starfortressproductions.com reputable and reasonably priced or should I look elsewhere?

So who/where is a reputable, trustworthy person/place to go to get trooper armor?

:blink:

Have you actually bothered to read the rest of this thread mate, especially the first couplle of posts?

The folks here are more than hapy to help people out, but only if they are willing to do atleasst the minimum of work/research themselves. ;)

• Like 2

:blink:

Have you actually bothered to read the rest of this thread mate, especially the first couplle of posts?

The folks here are more than hapy to help people out, but only if they are willing to do atleasst the minimum of work/research themselves. ;)

Sorry Bro, should have read it a little closer. Did not mean to spark anything.

@ tiertrooper stay away from its overpriced crap ;)

Was not sure on quality and price with them. Also looked at Shepperton design studios and after British pounds to US dollar conversion am not sure if the price is good or not. There is an armor/helmet combo that is about 1200 dollars+shipping, that does not include body suit, gloves, boots, etc.

Was not sure on quality and price with them. Also looked at Shepperton design studios and after British pounds to US dollar conversion am not sure if the price is good or not. There is an armor/helmet combo that is about 1200 dollars+shipping, that does not include body suit, gloves, boots, etc.

They can't sell to the US because of a lawsuit, so don't bother unless you want to order it to a friend and then have them send it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

An immeasurably helpful guide.

Thank you.

I noticed the CAP armor F/S on the board, and did not know much about the history. I Did I miss it on the board? CAP is an authorized TE recast? Still being made? I am researching for a guy friend to set up a TK. I live in Hawaii, but have not gotten any response from HPDBlues, maybe he is busy filming the new Hawaii 5-0! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a complete newbie here and I have been thinking of getting my armor for some time now. I never knew how to do it and I had a few false starts over the years because of cash or RL.

I am 6'2" 235Lbs so I am thinking that the ARor Master Kits are the way to go. correct me if I am wrong. I just sent an email to the retailers asking for prices etc... This should be a fun winter hobby for me.

I am in Wisconsin right now and I will be reaching out to the local garrison next to see if there are any helpful things I can learn.

thanks again for all the great info

Guest jedislayer5000

I am a complete newbie here and I have been thinking of getting my armor for some time now. I never knew how to do it and I had a few false starts over the years because of cash or RL.

I am 6'2" 235Lbs so I am thinking that the ARor Master Kits are the way to go. correct me if I am wrong. I just sent an email to the retailers asking for prices etc... This should be a fun winter hobby for me.

I am in Wisconsin right now and I will be reaching out to the local garrison next to see if there are any helpful things I can learn.

thanks again for all the great info

welcome :) you are correct about AM, it is made for larger troopers but is fan made, you could also go with RT-Mod armor which i think is a little more accurate, the chest and back anyways but it think its a bit pricier

• 1 month later...

AP moulds getting tired? nope.

and please take the mr sheen comment out, because novus works so much better.

add a UV blocker polymer nano particulate and you've got a winner!

Hello TK2392! I know this was quite awhile ago, but are there certain "UV blocker polymer nano particulate's" that you would recommend? Should I worry about my AP armor yellowing from UV rays? [i tend to worry over lots of stuff... mostly useless worrying, but now I'm rambling...!] :)

Also, I read somewhere that the brow rubber might bleed color onto the bucket. Or, did I get confused on that? Any info would be appreciated. B) Thank you, Jenny

My friend, recently joined the FISD but doesn't knows how to post appropriately, so I'm doing him a favor.. :P

He's 5'9, he weights around 122 lbs and is looking for good, cheap armor.. thought the experts might help him out. Would be greatly appreciated. His name is soccer_trooper ;)

Greetings!

Just want to say hello to all you Troopers out there and ask you a question!

I would love to make my own Stormtrooper costume and after reading alot I have decided to

go for the TM edition. But how do I get in touch with him? Anyone who knows?

The Star Wars movies has followed me since I was a kid and I still love them, the Stormtrooper caracter

beeing my favourite.

I cant wait to get my own costume and hopefully join the 501st Legion and the great work they do for charity.

Cheers from Norway

Happy New Year to you all...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Im a newbie to FISD and this is the 1st beginner thread I started to read and really impressed on the info provided on some of the costume props makers. Very useful for newbie like myself who is considering getting the right armor kit.

Much to learn from the Imperial war veterans here.

Edited by ZIECKZEON