Upgrading my armor. CAP TX

Well, last week I finally let go of the FX TX helmet. It been sitting in my room collecting dust ever since I upgraded my lid to a CAP TX helmet. Along with the FX helmet I sold my chest, back, shoulder straps and shoulders. Sort of a whole bust deal. The new upgraded parts arrived today. I've already started to do some trimming.

CAPTXARMOR.jpg

Hey Daniel,

I'm excited to see how your new armor will look. :D Is this going to be a build thread?

The TX looks fascinating and your armor is slowly convincing me to go TX. I think it'll be cool to have a Darman/Niner set :lol: Wondering though if a TX set can get EIB since they weren't in the films.

Are CAP the only TX kit in the community?

If that is an original CAP made by the man himself hang on to it. You dont want to be kicking yourself later. I just requested 2 CAP-W bucket kits today. Its been about a year since I built a bucket. Time to get back to my roots :)

I've trimmed off whatever extra flashing was on the parts. I've already started painting the shoulder bells. I started out wet sanding the finish with 600 grit and worked up to 6000 grit. Here you can see the armor after I finished it with a 6000 grit micro polishing cloth.

CAP_TX5.jpg

I polished up the paint with some Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0 fine scratch remover. Does it look like an ABS finish? Its getting there.

CAP_TX6.jpg

Here's the shoulder piece next to the current FX ab piece. Looks like a good match.

CAP_TX1.jpg

I can't wait till this is all done and I can take a picture with the full armor and helmet.

ATA is making TX armor. CAP-W as well. If you'd like a pure glossy (no painting required) theres PT and DA armor too!

PT and DA are known recasters are not condoned FWIW. If you want ABS, AM is starting to pull kits in addition to ATA & CAP, and I think RT may do them on request soon as well.

ATA pulls in black ABS upon request? That would be awesome! Thats one thing the USA is lacking; A US supplier that pullsscreen cast armor in black ABS. The only ABS supplier in the states is VT. As far as I know he only does white ABS.

Oh and by the way, great finish on that shoulder bell. I didn't know you could buff HIPS that glossy. How much work you got in that shoulderbell? I could see the more detailed areas like the dimples in the forearms being more of a pain.

And why are we still going on about recasting. All armor derived from TE armor is a recast. It doesn't matter. To try to figure out who's legit and who's not, is impossible and only leads to hipocrisy and bickering. Enjoy your armor no matter who made it. Afterall you bought it. Its yours, wear it and be proud to be a TK

Edited by Smitty

We go on about recasting for the reasons you well know Smitty. There is more to the recasting debate than TE derived armor. Are you saying it's OK to openly recast TM? I'd be shocked if you answered yes.

I think anyone that recasts TM should be tarred and feathered. The last paragraph of my previous post was referring only to TE derived armor, who's history is so fubared even Gino, AP and TE2 don't know for sure if they have "legit" molds.

And if you'd like to continue this then meet me here:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8658

So anyway Paul, didn't Daniel do a great job buffing the matte HIPS to a glossy shine?biggrin.gif

Edited by Smitty

Haha. Thanks Chris . . .back to my build thread.

Anyways, these things are great. These cloths helped me get the great shine on the armor.ALC301.jpg

I'm gonna have some real work to do on the chest piece. It has some areas affected with 'orange peel'.

• 3 weeks later...

CIMG1529.jpg

CIMG1532.jpg

A couple shots of my completed TX armor upgrade. CAP W & FX black armor. I'm looking forward to my upcoming appearance at Comic Con 2010 in two weeks.

*Sorry for the crooked shots. Its a challenge to take pictures by yourself without the aid of a tripod :(

Edited by DarkTrooper

Great job on the upgrades Daniel you look great! Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend at the BBQ.

Where did you get the polishing supplies from? I could use a set myself.

I was able to pick mine up from a local hobby supply store but I've seen that they are available through many online hobby stores. Here's just one that I quickly found ehobbies polishing cloths

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Youre the only person I have ever heard of that had the patience to buff an entire set of matte HIPS armor to an ABS-like shine. Outstanding work you've done there.

• 4 weeks later...