2010 _ _ Rotj Helmets

Warning! Do not do business with T*E aka Matt Gauthier - delivery may take months or years. Warning!

I finally received my 2010 _ _ Rotj helmets after a nine month wait. I hope anyone else still waiting for anything will shortly receive their goods also.

Anyway i only wanted an ABS helmet to add to my collection and it turns out the 2 kits i actually got are styrene.

They have been completely finished off by _ _ and he has started by painting them both in a biscuit colour, to match the off white colour of the helmets used in Rotj. They are also finished using green bubble lens and the decals are printed on paper with the black deatiling stripes all hand cut and stuck on top of the paper decals. Very accurate if just a little bit messy..

The ears are hand painted also along with the frown and vocoder and you see one helmet has been finished with a set of keiths hovi mic tips and the other has none. Not sure whether to add the metal hovi or leave them with the resin version?

AizPDWs.jpgAUQLzcO.jpg4aAE4Ih.jpgxcR52P7.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...

Yea real nice helmets, now I just know how you will react to this, but were there really any biscuit helmets in ROTJ? I remember Matt's logic for it but he was wrong. I checked with Jez and he doesn't think that there were any in that color, that they are simply mistaken for older and yellowed helmets. Wondered what you thought about that. (without attitude of course) Still not really sure myself. The logic was that they were yellow for the death star scenes because of the lights, but then of course all you have to say is the suits were not yellow in New Hope, so....

I think that the biscuit is just the ageing ABS, also there was no such thing as UV protected plastic back then.

Biscuit helmets still look cool though and are great for the aged look.

Joe

I aggree however these lids are not really this colour in person, it was getting dark when i took these pics..

I altered the colour of these pics and they really look more like this in reality..re for discussion.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021