Frenchie Incinerator

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I understand thanks to some of my friends who translated me the points I missed.

Ā 

But, I also have some questions about the new ICN CRL, especially for EIB (and Centurion). Isn't the CRL made for being the more accurate we can ? some points seems to be really non-canon from the game :(

I really don't understand that

Well, I understand thanks to some of my friends who translated me the points I missed.

Ā 

But, I also have some questions about the new ICN CRL, especially for EIB (and Centurion). Isn't the CRL made for being the more accurate we can ? some points seems to be really non-canon from the game :(

I really don't understand that

Ā 

The 501st CRL is to establish a baseline of Legion acceptance for each costume. EI was meant to tighten things up a bit beyond that. Remember when we first started the EI that out of the box FX was still accepted in the Legion, so it evolves over time.

Ā 

Centurion is to try to get to the highest level of a 501st acceptable suit. Also remember than when the TKC/ICN EIB's were created it was done with the best screen caps we had at the time.

Ā 

I'll be calling Mason today to review the ROTJ/TKC/ICN EI standards as we're getting a newsletter out today and if we're going to proposed changing the EI's for them I need to get those threads kicked off soon.

Ā 

I know it's a little frustrating to hold on a few more days, but we've estabalished that the EI's should (unless it's a minor clarification) always be vetted by detachment vote.

Ā 

Lastly, side rivets were never part of ROTJ and aren't for ICN on either CRL/EI.

Thanks for your answer Paul.

Well, I've got to say that I think rivets(if we modify the render)/snaps are good for the ICN ab and kidney plates sides.

We can see this kind of accessories on Mason's screenshots.

Ā 

I put rivets but I'll modify the aspect to be accurate from the high res pics Mason gave us.

Ā 

My only way is to be as accurate as I can to get a great armor and be proud of it when I wear it. :)

Ā 

Guys, I hope I was not too rude, my english is not that good. :unsure:

Edited by stevechewbacca

I'm back xD

Ā 

As I put rivets to maintain my tights, and as there is a piece of plastic on the back of the tights from the top to the bottom, I put a sheet of plastic on the rivets.

I also have to put some mastic because we see the velcro I had at the begining of this armor ^^"

The plastic of my armor is to strong to be curved as I'd like so I have too mask the first closures I made ;)

Ā 

here the pics :

Ā 

cuisse1.JPG

cuisse2.JPG

cuisse3.JPG

The 501st CRL is to establish a baseline of Legion acceptance for each costume. EI was meant to tighten things up a bit beyond that. Remember when we first started the EI that out of the box FX was still accepted in the Legion, so it evolves over time.

Ā 

Centurion is to try to get to the highest level of a 501st acceptable suit. Also remember than when the TKC/ICN EIB's were created it was done with the best screen caps we had at the time.

Ā 

I'll be calling Mason today to review the ROTJ/TKC/ICN EI standards as we're getting a newsletter out today and if we're going to proposed changing the EI's for them I need to get those threads kicked off soon.

Ā 

I know it's a little frustrating to hold on a few more days, but we've estabalished that the EI's should (unless it's a minor clarification) always be vetted by detachment vote.

Ā 

Lastly, side rivets were never part of ROTJ and aren't for ICN on either CRL/EI.

Ā 

it says this there for centurion though?

Ā 

3 rivets must be present on the left side of the kidney plate, equally spaced out along the depth of the armour and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not.

Ā 

sorry about the slight OT ;)

Ā 

Your armour is looking great steve! :)

Hey guys - please read through this and share your thoughts! We've tried to incorporate your feedback and all suggestions.

Ā 

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14941

Hi guys !

Here the progress I made this morning : closing the drop boxes

Ā 

What I had :

db2.JPG

Ā 

I put foam in it to make it easier to get the plastic add :

db3.JPG

Ā 

Closing with thin plastic :

db4.JPG

Ā 

For the rest, I'm waiting for my trims and the new EI requirements :)

Guys, I need some advice ! :)

Ā 

Here're 2 pics with HD screenshots and my own armor to show you the differences.

(The missing trims will come in one or 2 weeks I think)

Ā 

cutparts.jpg

cutparts1.jpg

Ā 

The first point is that I plan to cut my kidney and ab plates because the ab one go accross the kidney one but not in the game.

I already removed the straps between chest and back ;)

Ā 

The second point is that I plan to cut the top of the kidney plate to make a separation between it and the back plate. (2nd pic)

Ā 

What do you guys think ?

Ā 

Thanks in advance

remember that the ICN is based on the ROTJ suit ;) i dont think a big gap between the back and kidney will look right myself..

if you trim the kidney, trim it so it is flush with the back plate as seen in the ROTJ references. i dont think i could even do that because i am too short :P

Ā 

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h08m35s243.png

Ā 

i think the only time you see black between the back and kidney in ROTJ is when moving..

vlcsnap-2010-04-15-10h05m39s32.png

Ā 

and that is probably why the game looks that way.. the overlapping game skins can cause glitches. the gap in the game is IMO just there to make it look better when in motion..just like the split back and split AB, it is a detail to allow the game model to move correctly.

Ā 

does that make sense?

Thanks Mason for this explanation ;)

Ā 

It's make more sense for me.

I think I got to cut the plates a little to make them touch but not going accross each other.

The good point is that I don't have to cut a lot as I thought before :)

I just cut a little the kidney plate on the sides.

It will be a little bit separated from the ab plate more than in rotj...

Ā 

The problem was :

- if I didn't cut it, it would look like anh armor, the sides of both plates overlaped each other -> wrong

- if I cut it, they will be separated by about 1 or 2 cm...

Ā 

So I cut :D

Ā 

To have the back not overlaping the kidney, I attached the 2 croch parts (butt and codpiece).

Ā 

Well, I'm happy 'cause it renders as I want it too :)

Ā 

Next step will probably be the belt as I saw leather is OK ;)

Edited by stevechewbacca

Hi guys !

I received my missing trims today and cut them to fit the armor.

I'll glue them tomorrow and also re-make my ab buttons in 7/16" diameter.

Ā 

I think I'll be able to paint and weather the modifications I'm making on the first week end of April.

Ā 

Can't wait to know what will be decided for the rivets on the ab and kidney plates :D