Frenchie Incinerator

Hi guys !

I received my door trims this week and I tried to put it on my armor :(

The fact is that when I ordered my armor, I chose an ANH version which is not modeled as the ROTJ one.

I decided to order this version because TFU came just before ANH.

But the armor doesn't allow me to put the trims...

If I want to put them, I have to cut a lot the armor pieces.

In fact the trims seems to not be able to fit the armor.

Well, it's my fault, I didn't see the trims on the ref pics...

I'll not make this mistake twice ;)

If one day I buy another armor, I'll take another version to put the trims and get my EIB status but I've got to wait before ^^"

See ya guys !

PS : I reserved a SE-14R blaster for events where the flamethrower can't go XD I'll get it at the end of april ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, "good" news :)

I tried again to put them on the back, it's not 100% clean but it's the best I can do.

I watch the ref pics during at least 1 hour and it appears that there is no trims on the chest bottom and on the lower pieces (only on the codpiece).

This will help me a lot regarding the shape of my German armor (MovieFx). I think I can anyway do something good with this armor :P

But it will never be as clean as Mason's one (same time, I'm dirtier than him :D )

Steve, can you please send a photo so i can understand you problem better???

also did you remove the return edges????

also the trim on the chest bottom is very hard to see because it is painted red ;)

Hi Mason !

Here a few pics of what it looks like after gluing the trims :

SDC10007.JPG

SDC10006.JPG

SDC10004.JPG

I'd like to paint the little red parts but I think I'll wait a little ^^"

Do you see that it can't fit the armor as yours ? :(

Thanks a lot for this video tutorial Mason ! :)

The only problem is that I really can't do this with my own armor : it's shape doesn't allow it.

I've got corners all along the edges and the rest of the edges is not flat as your own pieces :'(

I wish I had the same kind of armor to put on the trims as you show on your video. :(

Well, hum...

I tried to cut the right shoulder bell's edges when I received the kit just to see if I can do something with it as its not on the ICN armor.

But, in spite of it is the less thick piece of my kit, it broke my dremel tool twice.

Please do not think I have a lack of goodwill, I really want to get my EIB status so I'm looking for the best way to make it. And I only miss the trims but my armor isn't cooperative :(

[EDIT] I just made a fitting test. It seems to be good in fact. It looks like battle damaged as I hope it will ;)

I'll paint a litte now and make some photos during the week.

As I don't have enough trims for the chest bottom, I'll put a piece of pvc (my chest got an edge on the bottom as in the game pics)

Edited by stevechewbacca

Ok thanks again Mason, I will buy it asap ;)

I'glad about what I made this week end so I'll take photos during the week (or next week end) to see if my armor is ok to EIB or not.

Then, if it's not acceptable, I'll try to make the modifications with this new tool ^^

But I really hope that what I did and the weathering will be ok ;)

Anyway, I'll by this tool for my dremel, I'll need it for a lot of project :P

Thx again, with all your help, the best is comming ! :D

Steve

i use tin snips as well for some trimming ;)

aviationsnips-400.jpg

they come in sets of 3. LEFT, RIGHT and STRAIGHT cuts . i have a video of this as well but it is still on my camcorder <_<

I get my leather belt yesterday, I have to cut it in order to make it 2.5" wide and replace my 3" canva belt with it :)

Next, I will modify the ammo pouch to be more accurate ^^

Then, when all that points will be done (and when I will receive the last trims), I'll paint and weather it all again :P

Edited by stevechewbacca

I get my leather belt yesterday, I have to cut it in order to make it 2.5" wide and replace my 3" canva belt with it :)

Next, I will modify the ammo pouch to be more accurate ^^

Then, when all that points will be done (and when I will receive the last trims), I'll paint and weather it all again :P

Is the accurate belt leather? I have been looking to get mine, and don't want to get the wrong one for the INC. The CRL is showing canvas.

Thanks guys

The CRL and EI show canvas or canvas covered. Leather is not accepted and while it's under consideration for the ICN I think it may be the case where people are rushing ahead of where things are.

I really suggest people not try to go for Centurion until those standards are ratified.

The CRL and EI show canvas or canvas covered. Leather is not accepted and while it's under consideration for the ICN I think it may be the case where people are rushing ahead of where things are.

I really suggest people not try to go for Centurion until those standards are ratified.

Well, in fact, I want to change the material to leather beacause my canva belt is too wide and unable to modify. It's not to anticipate anything ;)

The leather one has a better render (see the pic below) and it allows me to resize it to 2.5".

Here's a comparison between canva (bottom) and leather (top) renders :

comparaison_ceintures.JPG

I don't cut anything yet so let me know if it's really a bad idea looking at the differences between the materials.

Thanks

Steve

Mason - what's your take? I'm also going to pass this by the LMO...

EU is a strange beast in that some of this can be rendering, and as one is capturing a look there may be room for maneuver that is not there when using a film prop.

Mason - what's your take? I'm also going to pass this by the LMO...

EU is a strange beast in that some of this can be rendering, and as one is capturing a look there may be room for maneuver that is not there when using a film prop.

actually IMO the leather looks more accurate even for ROTJ standards, my own belt is not canvas for that reason.. it just dosnt look right.. really unless you painted the canvas with a semigloss paint... i cant see any issue as long as it is cut straight and looks good..

after a little weathering it wont even be distinguish it unless you really looking for it closely, BTW my EIB approved belt is rubberized canvas :P

honestly i think the actual material used is irrelevant as long as it looks the part as close as you can get ;)