Frenchie Incinerator

Hi guys !

I begin this thread 'cause I already have some pieces of my armor : the stunt helmet, the ammopuch, the suit and the Kboots ^^

My first problem is that I ordered my armor from movie-Fx but in 3 weeks, I don't received anything...

So, I'm thinking of "how can I make the pauldron ?". I saw that this kind of trooper doesn't have any shoulder armor under the pauldron and this pauldron looks realy hard than classics ones. What do you think of it guys ?

The other point is the color : I saw that there is only one deflector box on the incinerator's belt - on the right - (2 for classical stormtroopers on both sides) and it's black. I found the blood red in a store next to me but not in spray... is it possible to use paintbrush to paint on an armor, or not ?

Thanks guys for any help !

Pics comming when I'll receive my armor ;)

(and I hope I'll very soon...)

Edited by stevechewbacca

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great!! another ICN :D

i used cardinal red acrylic craft paint (there are no hobby stores in my area for model paints)

DSC01497.jpg

it was a little too light so i mixed in a little black to darken it. but i think your armor is ABS so i would use model paints if you can find them

i wouldn't use a brush personally, but i used a small hobby airbrush to apply the red markings on the helmet and it worked good.

as for the deflector box issue i already asked the same thing lol :D read all the other threads in this subject

as for the pauldron.. i tried to make one but i cant sew to save my life, so i bought a custom red one HERE it was only 18$ us, (just email the site and ask for a red one) and i modified it to look more accurate (see my easy pauldron mod thread)

welcome aboard :P

Thank you dashrazor for your answer.

I'll try to find some model colors ;)

I just look at the site you gave me but the price seems to be $28. Is it cheaper if we ask for a red one ? (the site shows only black, white and orange ones).

Thank you dashrazor for your answer.

I'll try to find some model colors ;)

I just look at the site you gave me but the price seems to be $28. Is it cheaper if we ask for a red one ? (the site shows only black, white and orange ones).

yes red is cheaper because it is not as popular :D supply and demand i guess. just send an email they make a nice red pauldron

DSC01486.jpg

also remember to prep the areas to be painted before you paint ;) i wash with soap and water, rinse, sand the area with 400 grit sandpaper. then use spray primer, if you dont do this, the paint will just fall off eventually :wacko:

also automotive paint is very good... but remember to test any paints you use on a scrap piece of plastic first... some chemicals can react badly with plastics

Edited by dashrazor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there !

I received my pauldron today :)

I cut the back part (in black) to put tome plastic in there in order to give its form to the pauldron.

I think (watching at the ref pics) there is only one side to cut : the front. In fact the part wich is on the back of the shoulder is plate, and the part on the front is circular (a little bit ^^)

I think I'll wait until I received my armor before cuting anithing :)

It will allow me to see better the aspect of all the shoulder parts of this character.

Hi there !

I received my pauldron today :)

I cut the back part (in black) to put tome plastic in there in order to give its form to the pauldron.

I think (watching at the ref pics) there is only one side to cut : the front. In fact the part wich is on the back of the shoulder is plate, and the part on the front is circular (a little bit ^^)

I think I'll wait until I received my armor before cuting anithing :)

It will allow me to see better the aspect of all the shoulder parts of this character.

just dont cut all the way through the foam or red fabric, the black fabric is really thin, and it is glued to the foam inside, i ran mine under hot water to loosen up the glue then carefully cut a slit in the black fabric on the underside of the pauldron. you will need to peel the black fabric off the foam. then you can insert the plastic

if you want more pics i can post them for you :D

just dont cut all the way through the foam or red fabric, the black fabric is really thin, and it is glued to the foam inside, i ran mine under hot water to loosen up the glue then carefully cut a slit in the black fabric on the underside of the pauldron. you will need to peel the black fabric off the foam. then you can insert the plastic

if you want more pics i can post them for you :D

yes, I saw that it's really thin ^^'

But as I wrote, I'll wait to receive my armor before cutting more xD

I'll appreciate if you can send some more pics of your method, please ^^ I think it can help me :)

great man!

ille get you those pics soon, i have been studying for 2 exams for school... so ive been a bit busy :wacko:

Ok no problems man ;)

glad to hear you got your armor :duim: movie-fx hasn't got the best rep in trooperland

I know ^^" But I emailed him every day to be sure I'll receive it.

I still miss the dethonator pieces... He is going to send them to me next week.

So, the real begining of the project in 2 weeks, after my next event ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there !

I know I didn't bring news from a long time but I couldn't send any pics before today...

so I worked on the armor during this time and yesterday, I tried it for the first time in order to see all the problems of my armor.

It's a little to big for and the plastic is heavy so I cant cut it (I tried but my tool was comming too hot for my hands...)

I have to wellformed the pauldron and attached all the parts better in order to keep it in place when I walk ^^"

This photo was taken after a little walk in my flat so you can see that I'd to incline myself in order to keep the parts on me.

premiertest%20(3).JPG

I also have to fix the back top on the back bottom to be sur the chest can't come over the front bottom part and deformed all the aspect of the armor.

This will take me a few days I think. The important thing is that I've to finish it befor the 1st september : an important event is waiting for my incinerator :)

See ya guys !

Thanks ^^

If you see the screen shots, you will see that this trooper have only one drop box on the left but noone on the right. ;)

I began forming the pauldron yesterday,based on your advice. Pics are coming this week end :)

Hi guys !

As I thought, I worked a lot on my armor this week end.

I adjusted all the pieces and make the weathering (the most important thing for an incinerator, isn't it ?).

Here : 2 pics of this work.

vieuxcomplet.JPG

vieuxcasque.JPG

Tomorrow, I'll buy a leather belt for the back belt and I hope I'll finally receive the dethonator I'm waiting for (I should received it a month ago...)

See ya guys !

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys !

I made a new trying of the armor this morning to see if I had to make some adjustments.

Here the pics :

SDC10029.JPG

SDC10032.JPG

SDC10034.JPG

After that, I made some modifications on the shin and shoulders.

I think I have to make some little modifications under the pauldron, but it's not the most important ;)

Thanks ^^

The thermal detonator is on the way for being painted.

Validation pics this week end :P

i should have your flamethrower just about done by this weekend ;) my new bandsaw has helped a lot so i am able to build a bit faster, also i think this next one will weigh considerably less than my first one

ille get pics up for you in a few days :D

good luck on your validation

Edited by dashrazor

i should have your flamethrower just about done by this weekend ;) my new bandsaw has helped a lot so i am able to build a bit faster, also i think this next one will weigh considerably less than my first one

ille get pics up for you in a few days :D

good luck on your validation

Really ?!

That's a great news !!

I can't wait to see the pics and buy it :P