Call to helmet owners: Help me find a bucket that fits (2.0)

I know I already started a thread kinda on this subject in the NCO, but thanks to a suggestion from my girlfriend last night I think I have a system that would help me find a helmet that fits w/o having to try on people's buckets in person. This might even be useful for future troopers with big heads.

I'm looking for helmet owners of all kinds to take two measurements from inside their buckets:

1) From between the eyes, right on edge of the "ridge", to back between the trapezoids

2) From the top of one ear, to the other.

Here's a picture to better illustrate what I mean:

bvh2K8K.jpg414QGGB.jpg

For example, the measurement inside my MRCE are:

Front to back: 9 and 1/8th inches

Ear to ear: 8 and a 1/2 inches

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

-Hayes

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I think that you should also consider the dimensions of the opening at the bottom of the helmet. I don't have a big head, and I could not get my head through the opening of my friends AP helmet, and he had even trimmed the opening wider!

Here I am with my MRCE for size comparison! ;)----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 6/8/2010 at 2:30 AM, bluehickey said:

I think that you should also consider the dimensions of the opening at the bottom of the helmet. I don't have a big head, and I could not get my head through the opening of my friends AP helmet, and he had even trimmed the opening wider!

Here I am with my MRCE for size comparison! ;)

All helmets derived from original go on sideways, unless the maker or builder overtrimmed the bottom, I have a small head and still need to fit my AP sideways, I leaves all the undercut so you can trim off opening to your liking. Take a look at Han Solo in the control room scene, he removes his helmet twist style.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It probably wouldn't hurt to get the opening dimension either, but I think in general as long as the helmet interior is larger than my MRCE it will fit. Granted I have to put my MRCE on sideways also, but like Mark says that's pretty common.

So any other volunteers for measuring their helmets? Pretty please? :icon_beg: I know there are a few of you out there who have practically every helmet ever made :D

All helmets derived from original go on sideways, unless the maker or builder overtrimmed the bottom, I have a small head and still need to fit my AP sideways, I leaves all the undercut so you can trim off opening to your liking. Take a look at Han Solo in the control room scene, he removes his helmet twist style.

Mark

Yeah, I know they have to go on sideways, that's how I put mine on. :smiley-sw013: